US Politics

DavidDeSchmikes

replies to this tweet is "now do Trump" and allegedly that these accusations against Cuomo are a Republican operative

Halftrack

replies to this tweet is "now do Trump" and allegedly that these accusations against Cuomo are a Republican operative
Democratic voters, more specifically the people who identify with the Democratic establishment, have proven themselves to be just as deranged as the MAGAs lately.

Partially Twitter/online drama...but most of politics is nowadays. I'll spoiler incase people don't care to read it. I do think it's an increasingly important, if silly, part of modern US Politics though.

BrooklynDad - who anyone with a Twitter account and an even vague interest in politics has no doubt seen turbotweeting - has been outed as a paid shill for the DNC. Made $200k last year.

It's funny looking back at some of his old Tweets, how they perfectly line up with the Dem talking point of the day - such as his obsession with bots and trolls and Russia influencing political discussions.

Being fair, online presence is one area of politics that the Democrats actually do really, really well.

Reddit - the most gameable platform - has been astroturfed to shit in a really effective way. The entire culture of that site shifted almost overnight. The DNC were also responsible for the famous anti-Bernie brigade set up by Sally Albright that would search for any pro-Bernie content on Twitter and flood it with 'Bernie is a racist/misogynist' talking points. Unfortunately it was very effective.

More recently a DNC superpac was responsible for setting up /r/neoliberal to make moderate politics seem #cool to the kids as well as /r/MurderedByAOC in which one #sickburn a day - all posted by the same user - is botted to the front page like clockwork.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Partially Twitter/online drama...but most of politics is nowadays. I'll spoiler incase people don't care to read it. I do think it's an increasingly important, if silly, part of modern US Politics though.

BrooklynDad - who anyone with a Twitter account and an even vague interest in politics has no doubt seen turbotweeting - has been outed as a paid shill for the DNC. Made $200k last year.

It's funny looking back at some of his old Tweets, how they perfectly line up with the Dem talking point of the day - such as his obsession with bots and trolls and Russia influencing political discussions.

Being fair, online presence is one area of politics that the Democrats actually do really, really well.

Reddit - the most gameable platform - has been astroturfed to shit in a really effective way. The entire culture of that site shifted almost overnight. The DNC were also responsible for the famous anti-Bernie brigade set up by Sally Albright that would search for any pro-Bernie content on Twitter and flood it with 'Bernie is a racist/misogynist' talking points. Unfortunately it was very effective.

More recently a DNC superpac was responsible for setting up /r/neoliberal to make moderate politics seem #cool to the kids as well as /r/MurderedByAOC in which one #sickburn a day - all posted by the same user - is botted to the front page like clockwork.
Load of bullshit “drama”. He wasn’t “outed”, dude had his title and PAC affiliation in his bio the whole time. I have no problem with him getting paid, especially since he was open about his affiliation.

He wasn’t “outed”, dude had his title and PAC affiliation in his bio the whole time. I have no problem with him getting paid, especially since he was open about his affiliation.
Was he open though? About being paid I mean. Genuine question, I really don't know if he acknowledged it.

This tweet going around seems like a suggestion from him that he wasn't taking any money, even though one of the records shows that he was paid $45,000 literally 4 days earlier (and plenty more before and after that date).

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Was he open though? About being paid I mean. Genuine question, I really don't know if he acknowledged it.

This tweet going around seems like a suggestion from him that he wasn't taking any money, even though one of the records shows that he was paid $45,000 literally 4 days earlier (and plenty more before and after that date).
I just always assumed he was getting paid because of what his bio said plus no one tweets that much for the hell of it.

entropy

He is the most normal guy you’ll ever meet

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

Christ, yet again the levels of spite are almost unimaginable. How can someone be so truly hateful and callous? Being a cnut, just because he can.

What a despicable piece of shit.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Christ, yet again the levels of spite are almost unimaginable. How can someone be so truly hateful and callous? Being a cnut, just because he can.

What a despicable piece of shit.
He’s a compassionate conservative, that’s why.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
He’s a compassionate conservative, that’s why.
I’m sure you know this as a fellow (ex in my case) southerner, but most white southerners would rather die of treatable cancer than admit that their lives are just as fecked as minorities and that government can help them all.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I’m sure you know this as a fellow (ex in my case) southerner, but most white southerners would rather die of treatable cancer than admit that their lives are just as fecked as minorities and that government can help them all.
Absolutely. It stems back to the deep seeded neck psychosis of having to be better than those with a darker hue, no matter the cost. It’s baffling how many white southerners vote & act against their own self interest due to an -ism.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Absolutely. It stems back to the deep seeded neck psychosis of having to be better than those with a darker hue, no matter the cost. It’s baffling how many white southerners vote & act against their own self interest due to an -ism.
Some are legitimately convinced it's all bad because of "guvment" and as bad as it is, expanding medicaid would only make it worse.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Some are legitimately convinced it's all bad because of "guvment" and as bad as it is, expanding medicaid would only make it worse.
Back to the ‘against self interest’ part of it, toss in the ‘freedumb’ aspect of it as well. This particular brand of mental deficiency in the south fits right in with the other thumper delusions down here.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Dear christ. I truly want to see if juror 9 matches my preconceived ideas of her.

Can’t the prosecution strike potential jurors? How many strikes do they wield if so?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Dear christ. I truly want to see if juror 9 matches my preconceived ideas of her.

Can’t the prosecution strike potential jurors? How many strikes do they wield if so?
My friend, I see the problem here. You were under the impression that the prosecution wanted a conviction. Easy mistake for someone not living in the Midwest. Just think of us as Floribama, but whiter and colder.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Back to the ‘against self interest’ part of it, toss in the ‘freedumb’ aspect of it as well. This particular brand of mental deficiency in the south fits right in with the other thumper delusions down here.
Take a drive across the Deep South states, from Louisiana over to Georgia (or the other way), and the radio airwaves are filled with hate talk on numerous channels, all trying to out-do the other's sensationalist tripe.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Take a drive across the Deep South states, from Louisiana over to Georgia (or the other way), and the radio airwaves are filled with hate talk on numerous channels, all trying to out-do the other's sensationalist tripe.
I covered AL/MS/LA for a decade. Your point is why I discovered podcasts and audiobooks. There was no way I was going to listen to local radio while driving around those places.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Good thing is she probably won't remember in two weeks that she's vowed to see out her term.

The Firestarter

I covered AL/MS/LA for a decade. Your point is why I discovered podcasts and audiobooks. There was no way I was going to listen to local radio while driving around those places.
While in US I found satellite radio to be useful while driving through such areas.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I live in Georgia (albeit in one of the blue islands), this is an accurate description. Toss in billboards depicting guns & thumping & the big, bad federal government, you have the cesspool of culture that is the Deep South.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Good thing is she probably won't remember in two weeks that she's vowed to see out her term.

As I stated a few months ago, if you had a pet with the same cognitive condition as Feinstein, you would consider putting the pet down out of mercy.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

Could things be starting to get a bit difficult for Brett?

His whole nomination and confirmation absolutely stank to high heavens. As did ACB's.

I do hope the Dems are going to start fighting back because Trump and co have made a mockery out of pretty much everything the Presidency and US Government said it stood for and swore to protect.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

Could things be starting to get a bit difficult for Brett?

His whole nomination and confirmation absolutely stank to high heavens. As did ACB's.

I do hope the Dems are going to start fighting back because Trump and co have made a mockery out of pretty much everything the Presidency and US Government said it stood for and swore to protect.
Possibly - though more generally it might be the start of a push to try and either even out the supreme court via resignations or give an excuse to "pack the court"

I guess they see a window of controlling both houses before the mid terms and it might be their best opportunity for a long time.

Barnslig

When will we hear from the man himself? Dying to see his first press conference.