US Politics

Mike Smalling

What would actually happen if they somehow succeed in expelling her from Congress? Wouldn't the halfwits in her district just elect a MTG 2.0 and we can start all over?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
:lol: as a wearer of black masks I think they really do a number on your peripheral vision, especially what you can see directly below them. So far I have forgotten to pay for items at the supermarket that were on the bottom shelf of the cart and stumbled over a wire rack in my building's lobby because I couldn't see them. Slapstick stuff from the President, though.

decorativeed

How many presidents have done that now? I remember watching an episode of Quantum Leap where Sam bets someone that the president would fall getting on Air Force One, obviously knowing that they would.

Edit: It was Gerald Ford.

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
fun story, she was sworn into the Senate on, wait for it, a Sunday. She has had campaign rallies on <checks notes> Sunday’s.
Also, if you are going to drop biblical knowledge on us you should probably make sure you are quoting the right scripture. Exodus 20:8 is the sabbath (NOT Sunday) commandment.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
fun story, she was sworn into the Senate on, wait for it, a Sunday. She has had campaign rallies on <checks notes> Sunday’s.
Go check out the RuralLiberal comment thread for a good chuckle.

The main comment thread is itself quality.

Imagine quoting a fairytale wrong as your ‘drop the mic’ moment.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Also, if you are going to drop biblical knowledge on us you should probably make sure you are quoting the right scripture. Exodus 20:8 is the sabbath (NOT Sunday) commandment.
I seriously doubt she’s sacrificed the required number of pigeons and sheep for this year’s various transgressions.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Sabbath is not even on Sunday. There is no difference between these people and a Jihadi cleric.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You do your duty and go to the pills. This is what you get. Such a deeply undemocratic company.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
FFS, a crime to give people water while waiting for hours to cast a vote. Founding fathers would be turning over in their graves at this legislation.
Most people affected are black so they'd probably be ok with it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Amazing. Why the goalpost lurch to eliminate a very negligible crime, one that has never been committed at scale enough to sway any election at the state level, one that is primarily committed by Republicans in 2020, the election that specifically caused these laws to be enacted in the first place? Is there a logical, defensible answer other than racism?

It’s surprising that jelly bean jars weren’t voted to be back in vogue.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Amazing. Why the goalpost lurch to eliminate a very negligible crime, one that has never been committed at scale enough to sway any election at the state level, one that is primarily committed by Republicans in 2020, the election that specifically caused these laws to be enacted in the first place? Is there a logical, defensible answer other than racism?

It’s surprising that jelly bean jars weren’t voted to be back in vogue.
I am going, god help me, agree to a modified common @Eboue refrain. All republican politicians are evil. I can't think of a single one that is not actively evil or evil by complicity.

By evil I do not mean in a moral sense, but in the sense that they have finally given up the play acting and revealed fully that they do not care about the common good or democratic rule. They have shown, across the country, that the only thing that matters is the retention of power regardless of the cost. The country will eventually survive this, but their desire to hold on to power for as long as possible will likely cause immense pain, suffering, and strife.

The republican party of old is not dying, it is dead. They no longer have a policy based platform, only one of grievance and fear. I think 22 and 24 will show the replacement of "moderate" R's with Q/MAGA R's.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I am going, god help me, agree to a modified common @Eboue refrain. All republican politicians are evil. I can't think of a single one that is not actively evil or evil by complicity.

By evil I do not mean in a moral sense, but in the sense that they have finally given up the play acting and revealed fully that they do not care about the common good or democratic rule. They have shown, across the country, that the only thing that matters is the retention of power regardless of the cost. The country will eventually survive this, but their desire to hold on to power for as long as possible will likely cause immense pain, suffering, and strife.

The republican party of old is not dying, it is dead. They no longer have a policy based platform, only one of grievance and fear. I think 22 and 24 will show the replacement of "moderate" R's with Q/MAGA R's.
I’ve held onto the hope that ‘moderate’ Rs will see the light & defect from utter horseshit like this, but I am beginning to fear that the vast majority of these are will just see short term gains in holding their noses & not alter their voting patterns in upcoming elections. They will see the short term gains of potentially maintaining their hegemony in state governments & want that to continue above all.