US Politics

WPMUFC

Biden is a lame duck with a democrat controlled Congress :lol::lol:

Enjoy full GOP control by 2022-2024. Years of investigations into Biden by MTG and bobert, probably impeachment attempts and just batshit insanity because spending on climate change is a bridge too far for a corrupt WV fossil fuel man. :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Bah. For a long while we were saddened by the lack of kids. Now? Glad it didn't happen. My generation and all those before have done nothing to prepare the world for our successors and have actively made things worse. Greed and lust for power will be our downfall and we will deserve it.....but our children won't. Like we give a shit.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Goldman might be at the top of the pile of people with right wing wealth. The Republicans vote the way people like those who run Goldman tell them to vote. So they want the economy to grow more slowly.

I must assume the extra wealth being created wouldn't have gone into the pockets of the rich, and they'd rather the rest of us be poorer.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Video interview inside link. Was an interesting segment I caught this morning before departing the residence.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/poli...r-study-barbara-walter-intvu-intl-ovn-vpx.cnn

How close is the US to civil war? Closer than you think, study says
CNN's Michael Holmes talks with Professor Barbara Walter of the University of California San Diego about her work on a task force that tries to predict where outside the US a civil war is likely to break out. Walter says the two best predictors of whether violence is likely to occur currently exist in the US and have emerged at a "surprisingly fast rate."

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
We are so fecked going forward. Just know it's going to happen and the GOP will stall any DNC nomination and/or ram through the nomination if they retake full control. There should be mandatory retirement age for all elected and appointed officials.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/19/...-blockade-biden-supreme-court-pick/index.html
Democrats walk on eggshells around Breyer as GOP plans another blockade for any Biden Supreme Court pick

- "Given the pattern of judicial nominees he's put forward so far, he keeps being captive to the radical left in his party. If he nominated a radical leftist justice who would ignore the rule of law and undermine our constitutional rights, I can't imagine a Republican Senate would confirm an extreme justice," said Texas Sen. Ted Cruz. (always one for hyperbole while ignoring how the GOP rammed through an extremist of their own desire in ACB)

- Sen. Thom Tillis, a member of the Judiciary Committee, said Republicans would make a choice if they didn't like a Biden pick: "Either don't move on him or have him fail in committee."
"It's not our intention to rubber stamp nominees," the North Carolina Republican said. (comical considering they did twice in recent years)

- Republicans say they're now ready to leave a seat open for years, if that's what it would take to wait out a Democrat in the White House. And the stakes could get even higher, if future election challenges make their way to the Supreme Court, which would have an even number of justices if Breyer is no longer in his spot.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
They will do literally anything to further their agenda, and still the Dems shy away from anything controversial to punch back against it. America is fecked after the midterms.

Winrar

Overall 41-55 approve-disapprove, but more importantly 29-66 approve-disapprove among independents.

Dismal.

Drifter

American
Don't see it improving. His job was to beat Trump, everything else was a bonus.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I just don't understand my fellow countrymen and women. Biden has been far, far, far from perfect, but at least he, and the Dems have tried to enact policies that will improve the lives of the very same people who disapprove. The GOP are not even trying to pretend they have any plan to help people. People are afraid of inflation? Name one policy change the GOP wants that will lessen it. Healthcare? Poverty? Infrastructure? Nope. Nothing. Nadda. It would be one thing if this was a conflict of ideas on how to get to a better place, but at this point the GOP knows they don't even have to pretend anymore. So stupid.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
I just don't understand my fellow countrymen and women. Biden has been far, far, far from perfect, but at least he, and the Dems have tried to enact policies that will improve the lives of the very same people who disapprove. The GOP are not even trying to pretend they have any plan to help people. People are afraid of inflation? Name one policy change the GOP wants that will lessen it. Healthcare? Poverty? Infrastructure? Nope. Nothing. Nadda. It would be one thing if this was a conflict of ideas on how to get to a better place, but at this point the GOP knows they don't even have to pretend anymore. So stupid.
You're out of touch. Democrats control both houses and the presidency and they've done absolutely feck all. They deserve everything that's coming.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
You're out of touch. Democrats control both houses and the presidency and they've done absolutely feck all. They deserve everything that's coming.
Let me check my bingo card:

1. Attacking a poster - E
2. Claim that everyone else is out of touch - B
3. Bring up hat Dems control both houses and white house - O
4. Claim they have done feck all - U
5. Tell us we all deserve what's coming - E

EBOUE!

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Let me check my bingo card:

1. Attacking a poster - E
2. Claim that everyone else is out of touch - B
3. Bring up hat Dems control both houses and white house - O
4. Claim they have done feck all - U
5. Tell us we all deserve what's coming - E

EBOUE!
you can cry about it I guess? you said you don't understand, I educated you. none so blind etc etc

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
you can cry about it I guess? you said you don't understand, I educated you. none so blind etc etc
So do you think we all should have just elected Trump again? Trump would have us better off than where we are now in your view?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
And that passed at least one set of eyeballs during the approval process, probably multiple.

This mensa was the fecking Secretary of the Interior under Trump.

The Firestarter

When the wind runs out,
And the sky is grey,
Don't you want something to burn,
Don't you need something to burn,
Wouldn't you love something to burn
You better find some coal to burn