US Politics

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Sounds to me they have forgotten that the US did exactly the same to Yugoslavia in the very late 1990s until Milosevic was extradited to The Hague as part of the conditions for ending that forced economic and political isolation following the Kosovo War.

Just like I said before, it's a stark lack of political pragmatism that will lead them (The Squad) to nowhere in their political careers.
Yeah imagine not having your political career as your number 1 motivation for public service. What dummies.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
That's amazing. 'Embellished my resume'. I don't even know where to begin with someone like that, I wouldn't want them to shovel the ice out of my driveway. But a congressman! What the hell America?!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
His track record suggests he’s just outright lying but it is possible that his mother died of long term illness which was the result of 9/11.

nimic

something nice
Scout
His track record suggests he’s just outright lying but it is possible that his mother died of long term illness which was the result of 9/11.
It's possible, I just don't believe it. He's lied about literally everything, no reason he wouldn't lie about some connection to 9/11 too.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Is there anything which can be done about this legally or politically?

In the UK if someone can be shown to have misled electors in a campaign they can be ousted.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Is there anything which can be done about this legally or politically?

In the UK if someone can be shown to have misled electors in a campaign they can be ousted.
Most direct method is to target his campaign financing - if he lied on disclosure forms, who donated to him, etc.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Appalling how basic oppo research wasn’t apparently done on this guy. Or basic investigative reporting…

RedDevilQuebecois

Appalling how basic oppo research wasn’t apparently done on this guy. Or basic investigative reporting…

Whatever the Democrats were doing in that district, it was totally embarrassing that nothing was done when Santos (or whatever that cnut's name actually is) could easily have been destroyed from the very start with basic oppo research.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I'd wager it would have been absorbed into Mexico after sometime when the Union got tired of constantly fighting battles down there defending Texans who refused to join the Union and give up their precious republic. "Nah, we're sitting out all future battles, but good luck, Texas."

Which means it would look more like parts of Mexico and I'd not be an American today. Or worse, I'd be an Oklahoman as my ancestors likely stop short at the US border (but still American, so not overall too bad).