US Politics

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
So let's see if the poll numbers after this will change a bit or at all?
It will probably give Trump the lead in Virginia or something, yeah, what i expect at this point.

I doubt most people tuned in, hope i'm wrong.

Hamnat

I am interested to see if mainstream media still bangs on about his age alone after this. Right wing is predictable of course. But some of the "shock" that he was able to do the job here is because even mainstream media has people thinking hes a walking corpse too. Yes the guy is old but Trump never gave a coherent speech in his entire 4 years. All rambling nonsense and lies. But he gets a pass.

RedDevilQuebecois

I am interested to see if mainstream media still bangs on about his age alone after this. Right wing is predictable of course. But some of the "shock" that he was able to do the job here is because even mainstream media has people thinking hes a walking corpse too. Yes the guy is old but Trump never gave a coherent speech in his entire 4 years. All rambling nonsense and lies. But he gets a pass.
I don't think I even want to listen to what pundits from the mainstream media want to say because the broadcasters want to create a race out of something that should not be a race. False equivalency needs to stop and it's time to call things for what they are. Any form of sane and responsible TV coverage would eviscerate Trump tonight and every night that he utters another piece of crap that goes against the country's values.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Considering the senator giving the rebutal is from Alabama, "Trump is correct now, tomorrow, and forever" would have sufficed, and probably launched this senator into national GOP stardom.

Missed opportunity that.

RedDevilQuebecois

Who / what is (a) 'Laken Riley?'
She was a nursing student who got killed by an undocumented Venezuelan-born migrant. The right have been using that lone example to beat their drums against migrants despite the fact that they killed their own bill, which should have solved a big chunk of the border issues.

Jev

Anyone know if it’s possible to watch the whole thing anywhere?

Sounds like Biden did very, very well?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Another proof that republicans just throw shit at the wall and see what sticks. Sadly a lot of people are dumb enough to eat it up.
Give Faux a couple of days, and half the country will have been convinced that the state of the union speech was the worst of all time.

Mike Smalling

Give Faux a couple of days, and half the country will have been convinced that the state of the union speech was the worst of all time.
The main article on the website right now reads: "Past presidents' speechwriters call Biden's address an 'utter disgrace' and 'unprecedented'"

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
She was a student who was out running but was then murdered by an illegal immigrant who had no right to be in the country. Really tragic story however people like MTG are exploiting it for their own ends.
Gotcha. Know of the tragedy, didn't know that was her name. Thanks.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
The less I read about US politics, the better off I am as it's so toxic and partisan.
Are other developed countries politics as broken as the US is?
Answering my own question; It just struck me after reading some BS the DUP came out with recently. It's the DUP methods, or the GOP as they're known in the US.

Dr. StrangeHate

That's she's even talked about is a sign of how a notable part of the American society truly went mad and a second Trump mandate might be the final blow.
Isn't she talked about because Democrats and liberals want her to be face of the republican party because she is so unlikable. She gets a lot of clicks.

Hamnat

RNC elects Michael Whatley, Lara Trump as new leaders

The Republican National Committee (RNC) on Friday officially voted to make Michael Whatley and Lara Trump its new chair and co-chair, respectively, cementing former President Trump’s remaking of RNC leadership as he sets his sights on November.

RNC officials gathered in Houston for the group’s leadership meetings, where they agreed to replace outgoing chair Ronna McDaniel, who resigned amid discord with Trump during the primary process.
Good funnel all their money to Trumps legal issues and bail and not on candidate races.