US Presidential Election: Tuesday November 6th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obama is as bad as I've ever seen him. This is truly quite depressing.

Yup. If I was American, and watching this debate 'blind', I'd vote for Romney, sadly enough.

This is like watching United at Wembley in 2011. Except it's Mitt who is Barcelona.

Too much rambling from Barack. Mitt maybe talking bollocks but he "looks" like he's doing better.

The only explanation I can give is that Obama is taking the "act like a presidential" cue too seriously. He doesn't want to appear petty and attack the opponent too directly.

Our support is terrible though. Too busy eating prawn sandwiches, I guess.

Yup. If I was American, and watching this debate 'blind', I'd vote for Romney, sadly enough.

If you had no idea of the facts. Which unfortunately most don't. Nor do they really care.

Bill would've played the saxophone by now.

I mean healthcare and private providers should just be a stroll for any liberal, really disappointed with Obama on this.

Yeah an alien from space would probably judge that Romney's done better in the debate. His 'zingers' have been well deployed and quite effective.

Hopefully it doesn't matter too much. Depends on the media narrative I suppose.

Worse, he's making Barack seem old, hesitant and dull. I am going to cry.

That's where Obama really started getting on track and attacking Romney. He didn't really finish after building up a head of steam.

Has every question so far been: "is there a difference between you in this area?"?

The only explanation I can give is that Obama is taking the "act like a presidential" cue too seriously. He doesn't want to appear petty and attack the opponent too directly.
And he's actually reflecting on what he's saying. He's thinking and talking.
Romney's just performing like a show horse.

Personally, I'm cynical enough to think it will benefit Romney's campaign, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Lehrer has allowed Romney to overrun him on several occasions. That won't happen with Candy Crowley -

Romney mentioned God, he just lost the reddit vote.

"I love the army, I won't cut it even though I'll cut everything else" - CNN trend lines go up.

"We're all created by the same God, so don't question my batshit crazy one" - CNN trend lines go up.

Depressing.

I know it'd feck up his chances but I wish Barry would just say "Kolob, really?"

Judging by this performance, a naive person would find it hard to believe that Mitt & his people have such loathsome priorities and opinions.

23 million unemployed - false - it's roughly 13 million. It's not simply the % x population. How does the GOP get away with this I don't understand.
Why doesn't Obama correct him though? He's barely corrected Romney tonight despite Romney saying several things that can be destroyed in one line. Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.