US Presidential Election: Tuesday November 8, 2016

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
Clinton/Castro v Ryan/Rubio?

Biden/Warren v Christie/Rubio?

O'Malley/Weiner v Rubio/Rubio

D v R v Bloomberg?

If the economy's booming, AZ > Dems? Indiana, Georgia in play, MO worth a bet to someone apart from Sparky?

And what's the deal with Puerto Rico? Does it now become a state - and a Dem stalwart?

I'm getting nervous.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
No, no the world will be over by 2016. This will not be an issue.

VoetbalWizard

Primaries:

D: Clinton, Biden, andrew cuomo, Evan bayh, Martin O'malley , mark warner

R: Rubio, Martinez, jindal, Christie, McDonnell, thune, rand Paul

General: Clinton/cuomo vs. McDonnell/martinez

nemanja nemagic

Clinton/Castro v Ryan/Rubio?

Biden/Warren v Christie/Rubio?

O'Malley/Weiner v Rubio/Rubio

D v R v Bloomberg?

If the economy's booming, AZ > Dems? Indiana, Georgia in play, MO worth a bet to someone apart from Sparky?

And what's the deal with Puerto Rico? Does it now become a state - and a Dem stalwart?

I'm getting nervous.
Definitely reads like the line up of a WWF tournament

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
I forgot Clooney/Kennedy v Palin/Beck or, if the Tea Party fully takes over, Nugent/Lector.

In the meantime, SCOTUS. Ginsberg and Breyer will go, reducing the number of Jews by 66% and therefore the number of opinions by 132%.

I'm not one to wish death on people, but does hoping Clarence Thomas gets taken off life support count? Also, ideally Scalia will go to prison after being discovered sucking off a horse.

Go Team Blue

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
I forgot Clooney/Kennedy v Palin/Beck or, if the Tea Party fully takes over, Nugent/Lector.

In the meantime, SCOTUS. Ginsberg and Breyer will go, reducing the number of Jews by 66% and therefore the number of opinions by 132%.

I'm not one to wish death on people, but does hoping Clarence Thomas gets taken off life support count? Also, ideally Scalia will go to prison after being discovered sucking off a horse.

Go Team Blue
Clarence Thomas will remain for another 30 years. Scalia and Kennedy are both 76. It is not inconceivable that Obama gets to pick 4 Supreme Court Justices this term, and six overall.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Personally I'm hoping that when Trump's revolution fails he will hold his nose try to gain power democratically.

mjs020294

Jed Bush will make a run for the GOP nomination. He is much nearer the center and has a Mexican wife.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Not sure about Clinton, unless of course she feels like running for a single term. Could be Bush though if the Republican party heads in the right direction (rather than blame Romney for losing for being a "East Coast Liberal".

Who says America don't want a monarchy if they end up having to choose between the wife of a former president and the brother/son of another.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I really don't want Hillary. I've never liked her. She needs to sail off into the sunset and let the younger liberals carry the torch.

Looking forward to this Castro if he can make the huge leap like Obama did.

VoetbalWizard

My guess is:

Clinton vs Bush
yes on clinton, no on bush. that last name is still toxic.

I think someone like Bob McDonnell has more of a chance for the R primary. Rubio and Martinez also will be too tempting given the demographic beat-down (yes i know cubans are not exactly the most popular within latino community but regardless).

To another poster below, i'm not sure webb will run in 2016. i think he's done with politics?

However if he did, VA could be the home of three potential national players...warner, webb, mcdonnell.

VoetbalWizard

I don't know a lot of those names listed above, but I had posted this in the old election thread. Is this viable.
very doubtful. I'd give it less than 5% chance because the R's don't have a white woman really for 2016 besides Kelly Ayotte.

Susanna martinez (hispanic woman) has a much better chance right now IMO for the R's in 2016 than a senator from New Hampshire (Ayotte).

I think Ayotte will run for the top office one day but not in 2016.

mjs020294

I think they should put an age cap of 65 for first term POTUS.

Adebesi

I think they should put an age cap of 65 for first term POTUS.
That would be a very strange thing to do now, at precisely the time life expectancy is getting longer. What is the retirement age in America? Around Europe people's working lives are being extended, presumably this is something that will be happening in America too.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
What we really need are some polls.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Webb will be dynamic.

The only thing against him is his age.

But he is riveting when he speaks. No nonsense honest man.

Hillary would be the obvious choice, but I really think she has missed her chance.
Yeah agree. Webb is fantastic, but probably a bit too direct and no-nonsense to stomach the silliness of primaries and a general election. Personally, i'd be surprised if Andrew Cuomo doesn't throw his hat in. His Dad would have made a good President, as would he.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I really hope the Obama campaign team is at least partly involved in the next election. They're amazing.

Drainy

Seen that Puerto Rico voted to change their relationship with the US, now wanting to apply to become an official state.

Great timing with a Democratic executive and Senate.. and Republican balls being squeezed by the growing Hispanic population so they can't demagogue the issue. Probably going to see Dems push for immigration reform properly this time.

Going to be interesting to see how Republicans react to the changing demographics that will screw them over from now until forever if they don't get it right.