US/UK/France launch airstrikes in Syria

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
There's multple twitter accounts saying there's been a major attack on a Syrian airbase. If pentagon is denying, i guess france or israel?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
No ide how reliable these guys are but they have claim US missiles, and have videos of something over Lebanon and an intercept in Syria; they claim the Russians are involved in the interceptions (see thread)

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
An, eh, alternative take for fans of #Wictorism:

(Edit): if you're not familiar with the mind of Thomas Wictor here's a sample:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Some other Tweets going on that I don’t necessarily trust, but this jives from what I’ve heard so far.

Chairman Woodie

T4 Airbase was being used by the Iran's Revolutionary Guards Special Unit, the Quds Force. Israel is adamant about not letting Iran establish bases in Syria.

Both the U.S. and France have denied involvement.

Last edited:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Conveniently this happens just as Trump announced that he would withdraw from Syria, and as Assad is just about to claim victory over the 'rebels' (aka. the terrorists) in Ghouta. I mean, why wouldn't Assad go ahead and gas some of the terrorists human shields? That wouldn't be counterproductive at all.

Even more conveniently it was just women and children killed, not a single terrorist.

Strange how these chemical attacks never happens when the terrorists are in a strong position, but always just as they are losing and being overfaught.

Oh, and look at this (that somehow the Western media forgot to report about):

https://mideastshuffle.com/2018/03/...-laid-bare-in-an-eastern-ghouta-chemical-lab/

This week, the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) liberated some Eastern Ghouta farmlands between Shifouniyeh and Douma and discovered a well-equipped chemical laboratory run by Saudi-backed Islamist terrorists. Not a single Western reporter showed up to investigate the facility.
Guess who the chemical lab and the chemical weapons belonged to?

..Jaish-Al-Islam - the very same terrorists camped out in Ghouta and using the residents as human shields.

Last edited:

Nikhil

Its more likely that they did it. Assad was blamed for it previously also and it was revealed later on that it was actually done by the terrorists. If assad was gassing civilians he would have no problems gassing the terrorists also. However, the victims only happen to be syrian army solders, kurdish soldiers, free syrian army solders (only when they're not getting along with the terrorists, surprise surprise!) and civilians (mostly in areas controlled by the terrorists and when the terrorists are on the back foot).

Its not that im certain assad didn't do it but given the uncertainty and going by recent history i'd put my money on the terrorists.
Why on earth does the US always go after Iran? They and the Shias have never done anything when it comes to global terrorism. Terrorism is by the wahhabi/salafi groups. They target Iran and the Shias as well. The US has a bizarre foreign policy. Just because their allies in the sunni Gulf states are obviously anti Iran.

Israel shouldn't be getting involved in air strikes against the Syrian regime. What exactly are they hoping for in Syria? If nusra front or these jihadi groups get into government in Syria, it would be catastrophic for Israel. Israel and the US should help the Kurds by attacking IS and extremist "rebel" groups (surprise surprise, there are a lot of them in Syria). They should keep Turkey in check in Afrin as well. Russia may not do that because they want good relations with Turkey because the energy sector in Russia needs Turkey for pipelines and other things.

Carolina Red

Staff
Why on earth does the US always go after Iran?
Because they had the audacity to overthrow our undemocratically appointed Pahlavi puppet regime. (Sarcasm there, but really, we didn’t appreciate that)

Then there’s the messy businesses of the Iranian Hostage Crisis as well

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Conveniently this happens just as Trump announced that he would withdraw from Syria, and as Assad is just about to claim victory over the 'rebels' (aka. the terrorists) in Ghouta. I mean, why wouldn't Assad go ahead and gas some of the terrorists human shields? That wouldn't be counterproductive at all.

Even more conveniently it was just women and children killed, not a single terrorist.

Strange how these chemical attacks never happens when the terrorists are in a strong position, but always just as they are losing and being overfaught.

Oh, and look at this (that somehow the Western media forgot to report about):

https://mideastshuffle.com/2018/03/...-laid-bare-in-an-eastern-ghouta-chemical-lab/

Guess who the chemical lab and the chemical weapons belonged to?

..Jaish-Al-Islam - the very same terrorists camped out in Ghouta and using the residents as human shields.
Got any mainstream sources to corroborate this ?

SwansonsTache

Got any mainstream sources to corroborate this ?
Exactly my point, isn't it? Mainstream sources doesn't touch upon this. You would believe it would have some interest for MSM, even just to debunk it. They've all chosen to ignore it though.

I got it from a Norwegian journalist I trust though, and tried my darnest to find the most MSM article about it in English, but no luck.

Also, please have in mind that the reports you get on the chemical attack from Ghouta is from the Islamist-rebels, and unconfirmed sources - certainly not independent ones.

It is just that the MSM choose to report those, since it is in line with the chosen narrative.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Exactly my point, isn't it? Mainstream sources doesn't touch upon this. You would believe it would have some interest for MSM, even just to debunk it. They've all chosen to ignore it though.

I got it from a Norwegian journalist I trust though, and tried my darnest to find the most MSM article about it in English, but no luck.
Well what you posted was an anonymous, fringe blog who reposted an article that was originally posted on RT - with no quotes and the citations were from Assad's Army. Its basically the Putin/Assad narrative.

Javi

Why can't this international chemical weapon organization not enter the scene? If it wasn't Assad then he'd have all the incentives to let them have look. Same goes for the other guys. Only way they wouldn't be able to enter by that theory is if the perpetuator is also in charge of the ground it took place. Personally it just seems wrong to claim to 'know' who it was since the information available is pretty scarce so what we are dealing it is assumptions based on indications.

The Firestarter

All things considered, it really is strange for Assad to keep doing this, when he can only gain negatives from it. Moreover, he hardly takes a shit without asking Putin first, and that is something unlikely to be approved by the latter.

2cents

Scout
Well what you posted was an anonymous, fringe blog who reposted an article that was originally posted on RT - with no quotes and the citations were from Assad's Army. Its basically the Putin/Assad narrative.
The author of the blog is Sharmine Narwani, an Assadist journalist.

2cents

Scout
All things considered, it really is strange for Assad to keep doing this, when he can only gain negatives from it.
None of us has a clue what happened in this case yet. But Assad hasn't actually suffered any meaningful consequences for past instances. In this case, Jaysh al-Islam appear to have folded and completely surrendered within hours of the attack, so if the regime is responsible, that is something they may have gained from it.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Why can't this international chemical weapon organization not enter the scene? If it wasn't Assad then he'd have all the incentives to let them have look. Same goes for the other guys. Only way they wouldn't be able to enter by that theory is if the perpetuator is also in charge of the ground it took place. Personally it just seems wrong to claim to 'know' who it was since the information available is pretty scarce so what we are dealing it is assumptions based on indications.
That's the most rational approach imo, just like the last times attacks like this happened. Eventually things may clear up further or not, but it's certainly better to wait for it instead of reflexively blaming the party one dislikes the most.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
None of us has a clue what happened in this case yet. But Assad hasn't actually suffered any meaningful consequences for past instances. In this case, Jaysh al-Islam appear to have folded and completely surrendered within hours of the attack, so if the regime is responsible, that is something they may have gained from it.
They were controlling 90% of Eastern Ghouta and had Jaysh al-Islam surrounded, didn't they? In fact, quite a few rebels had already left for Idlib by that time, too.

The Firestarter

The uncertainty is indeed high. I don't think there are that many people that actually have yet alone comprehend the complete picture of what is happening in Syria.

SwansonsTache

He had Jaysh al-Islam by the scruff of the neck quite a while ago, and they started to negotiate a surrender with Russia before this claimed attack happened.

And why should Jaysh al-Islam give a feck if Assad gasses some of their human shields? It is them holding the people of Ghouta hostage, not Assad.

Look at the difference in Aleppo from when the 'rebels' controlled it and now that Assad controls it. They celebrated christmas there in December, even uttering the word Santa Claus would have gotten you beheaded when everyone's favourite peace loving heroic rebels were controlling it.

Carolina Red

Staff
Also, please have in mind that the reports you get on the chemical attack from Ghouta is from the Islamist-rebels, and unconfirmed sources - certainly not independent ones.

It is just that the MSM choose to report those, since it is in line with the chosen narrative.
I suppose we should instead believe Sergei Lavrov and the Russians saying that there’s no evidence of a chemical attack at all.

SwansonsTache

I suppose we should instead believe Sergei Lavrov and the Russians saying that there’s no evidence of a chemical attack at all.
Nah, let us believe the guys in Jaysh al-Islam instead. After all, we never doubt Islamist terrorists here in the West, do we?

I also believed MSM when they reported on the WMD's in Iraq btw. Look how that turned out.

Carolina Red

Staff
Nah, let us believe the guys in Jaysh al-Islam instead. After all, we never doubt Islamist terrorists here in the West, do we?

I also believed MSM when they reported on the WMD's in Iraq btw. Look how that turned out.
He’s saying there was no attack at all.

I guess these people just died of natural causes.

SwansonsTache

He’s saying there was no attack at all.

I guess these people just died of natural causes.
I don't know how they died, I wasn't there. And until someone more objective and trustworthy than some terrorists with everything to gain from it prove otherwise, I am not inclined to believe anything.

Carolina Red

Staff
I don't know how they died, I wasn't there. And until someone more objective and trustworthy than some terrorists with everything to gain from it prove otherwise, I am not inclined to believe anything.
And the videos from the medical workers showing people suffering from said attack?