Utd Sign Carrick

Don16

Annoying cnut
Total rubbish.

I was browsing an Arsenal forum recently, and there was a thread title something like 'English player you'd most want at Arsenal', I expected to see it full of Rooney, Cole, Terry etc. But it seemed as if Carrick was a clear favourite.
Football fans don't just appear on the internet. Go down any pub like most people, and you will not meet many people who rate him.

Sam

Football fans don't just appear on the internet. Go down any pub like most people, and you will not meet many people who rate him.
I know plenty of football fans who rate him.

Sam

Whats capello playing at is the question really.

I thought carrick would be his cup of tea...right up his alley, but just doesnt seem to fancy him :confused: good enough to be in the squad.
Couldn't agree more, Gus.

It baffles me, it really does.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yesterday's lineup:

-----------------Tevez------------------
---------Ronaldo------------------------
Nani-------Scholes------Carrick------Park
Evra---Brown-----Ferdinand---Hargreaves
--------------Van Der Sar---------------

Scholes-Carrick in the middle.

United in Moscow.

End of.

Credit to Boring for fighting the good fight against the staggering idiocy in that thread.
Except for the fact we didn't line up like that and Tevez and Park gave Herculean performances to cover, you'd have an excellent point.

So, no, it's not 'end of' you'd be smarter bumping this after the final in which we play three in the middle.

brad-dyrak

I'll likely get a real pranging for saying this, but since (with the benefit of hindsight) anyone with the temerity to have doubted Carrick is to branded an idiot...

I still don't know that I'd have spent 17 on him, especially knowing that we already had Fletcher, and now knowing we would get Hargreaves and Anderson.

No point going in to it here though as we sure as hell don't need another Carrick vs. Hargreaves thread.

KanieKaned

I'll likely get a real pranging for saying this, but since (with the benefit of hindsight) anyone with the temerity to have doubted Carrick is to branded an idiot...

I still don't know that I'd have spent 17 on him, especially knowing that we already had Fletcher, and now knowing we would get Hargreaves and Anderson.

No point going in to it here though as we sure as hell don't need another Carrick vs. Hargreaves thread.

Because he brings something to the team which none of those players really bring to us bar Scholes. He can pass a ball with either foot Long/Short and He regains possession well with his good positioning alot of the time he doesnt have to slide in he just intercepts passes. Can shoot really well but doesnt seem to have a go too often

Hargreaves - more a ball winner and defensive shield but has the ability to drive the ball forward if necessary. Good at freekicks and long range shooting. Can pretty much run all day long and can also provide RB cover. Good at crossing aswel

Anderson - Attack minded player but fergie seems to be moulding him for an all rounder midfield job due to his dynamic ability to get forward and defend. Can also play a killer ball and has a good shot but is still very young and his passing and all round game will improve with time. Had scholes not been injured we wouldnt really have seen too much of him at all this season.

Fletch - Not the greatest at ball retention but what he does bring is the occasional goal and tons of drive in the middle of the park, he has a great fighting spirit in him which every engine room requires

brad-dyrak

Fair points on Carrick, KKane. It's subtle, but I'll keep an eye out for it. The doubts I have with him are that he only seems to have the one gear, and I rarely see him impose himself on a match. Can't take it by the scruff like our Keane did (a big ask). Against a tough opponent, the ball seems to get played around him too easily.

Well observed on the rest of them as well.

Bearded but no genius

Fair points on Carrick, KKane. It's subtle, but I'll keep an eye out for it. The doubts I have with him are that he only seems to have the one gear, and I rarely see him impose himself on a match. Can't take it by the scruff like our Keane did (a big ask). Against a tough opponent, the ball seems to get played around him too easily.

Well observed on the rest of them as well.
Watch him throughout a match and just focus on him.

He's just fantastic.

And given what the state of our MF was like when we bought him (from Christmas Scholes thought everyone was playing a 8-8-4 against us; Smith was in CM until he got his leg snapped in half; and we ended the season playing a CM pairing of O'Shea and Giggs) he was a hugely important buy.

Alex

What an important piece of the puzzle he was, outrage that he doesnt start for England he is exactly what they need to pair Gerrard with imo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Couldn't agree more, Gus.

It baffles me, it really does.
It shouldn't. Capello has to learn soon that men like Gerard don't actually do much centrally first. When it comes to the type of possession football he wants England to play. A few more friendlies will teach him to look in Carrick's direction. I'm certain.

Chris H

Video Posting God
I can understand Carrick not starting for England, who to pick there is open for considerable debate. But for him not to make the squad...it's a mystery.

reelworld

FFS you fat cnut,don't you have anything better to do than just bump threads, trying to insult other members,making ironic/funny(not) statements......etc all the time?
to be fair, there're alot of mugs in this thread.
Scholes-Carrick midfield partnership won us the title last season.

Man-United

What a fantastic signing. Would you say he's even our first choice in central midfield at the moment?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Some of the people at the start of this were so wrong :lol:

TheRedFlag

Not feeling himself tonight
Fantastic signing for us.

And wasn't a large proportion of the transfer fee made up of future club success?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Stupid and ignorant son of a bitch. :mad: I merely pointed out the FACT the you should fecking get your stats right and you call me a cnut who doesn't no football? Especially when I posted OPTA INDEX stats on Carrick and all England's top English central midfielders from the Sky Sports website in an earlier thread on Hargreaves being linked with United and they totally differ from your obvious lies! Which you freaking claim" I heard on skysports" you pmpous piece of arrogant shit!!!:mad: So you stinking mother fecker either get you fecking stats right or never post again cause this forum is better off without arseholes like you and Guvorgonaz posting lies and rubbish and when it is pointed out to you can only resort to abuse when football is clearly a thing you have never EVER understood yet try to come off as a guru. Offence taken and plenty intended. feck you very much says the chief.:mad:

Loon.

sonymobby

I see you're still a fecking imbecile. Congratulations
Why do you feel the need to verbally abuse others? Is it the lack of confidence on your statements and opinions, a sign of your immaturity or a sign of your low social status? Only these three things can account for the way you treat those that don't agree with you on the internet.

Grande

Watch him throughout a match and just focus on him.
This is the clue.

I watched the FA cup game vs Villa a second time, just watching Carrick. This wasn't a game I thought he'd been particularly good, and it was when most people still thought he was out of form.

I was shocked. Schocked by the fact there was so much about his importance for the team I'd never noticed before - even about football I hadn't been aware of!

The way he shut down Villa every time they approached, without even having to reach for the ball - just by small shifts in positioning.

How he at every occation of getting the ball, managed to put United in an attacking mode immediately with his intelligent passing - particularly the simple looking ones.

On first view, I'd considered us lucky against an aggressive and dominant (in-form) Villa. Watching Carrick, I also noticed how little threatened we actually were throughout the match, and I understood a bit more about how we now have 163-47 in goal differance over the last two league seasons, while getting reaching the CL semis twice in a row and having good FA cup runs at the same time.

Ditto...

Although instead of having a go why not admit that your post was OTT.
It wasn't over the top. I was responding to a person who had been bugging me all week.

Why are you so confrontational btw?
Because I keep coming across posters like you. Who seem to have nothing of value to do on here. Apart from having a go at what ever I post.

Why do you feel the need to verbally abuse others? Is it the lack of confidence on your statements and opinions, a sign of your immaturity or a sign of your low social status? Only these three things can account for the way you treat those that don't agree with you on the internet.
It has nothing to do with people any of that. I'm an ultra confident person. Plus I only abuse people who deserve. Because I don't mince words. Not "people who disagree with me" as you claim.

Besides my aggression has everything to do with every Tom, Dick and Harry poster feeling they have to come up with dumb ass commentary on everything I post to score social points on the cafe. Even when what I've posted is correct. Or what they are commenting on had a context as to why it was posted, that they have no inkling about.

I'm not referring to you by the way but I think you get the picture.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Christ you're weird, how many times have I had a go at you then? (I barely remember interacting with you on here unlike others)... infact don't bother. Lets just move on. :houllier:

Maybe you have me mixed up with another poster.

Christ you're weird, how many times have I had a go at you then? (I barely remember interacting with you on here unlike others)... infact don't bother. Lets just move on. :houllier:.
:houllier: I moved on long ago. You clearly didn't that's why you dug it up. A post that had to do with Stobzilla and not you.

You wish. You are still the same irritating airhead poster you've always been when I've had the displeasure of interacting with you.

RedPhil1957

Christ you're weird, how many times have I had a go at you then? (I barely remember interacting with you on here unlike others)... infact don't bother. Lets just move on. :houllier:

I ignore him, he's nuts :D

sonymobby

It has nothing to do with people any of that. I'm an ultra confident person. Plus I only abuse people who deserve. Because I don't mince words. Not "people who disagree with me" as you claim.

Besides my aggression has everything to do with every Tom, Dick and Harry poster feeling they have to come up with dumb ass commentary on everything I post to score social points on the cafe. Even when what I've posted is correct. Or what they are commenting on had a context as to why it was posted, that they have no inkling about.

I'm not referring to you by the way but I think you get the picture.
Yes, you're right on this one... Too many muppets in here looking for a social life on the internet.