Valencia set to leave at the end of the season.

Sterling Archer

Been around for so long, great servant blah blah blah. What's a tad disappointing is his complete lack of personality means his departure really doesn't set off any real nostalgia. Couple kind of memorable moments, but just such a bland bland smile-less time here. Feck me I don't think I even feel bad saying it

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Been around for so long, great servant blah blah blah. What's a tad disappointing is his complete lack of personality means his departure really doesn't set off any real nostalgia. Couple kind of memorable moments, but just such a bland bland smile-less time here. Feck me I don't think I even feel bad saying it
Lack of personality bland smileless blah blah blah

Valencia has had a very good Manchester United career. I've been critical of him down the years at times, however, he has contributed plenty to our success at the fag end of the SAF years. As a winger he was exceptionally quick and strong and made use of those two attributes alongwith competent technical ability and intelligence. As a RB too he did surprisingly well but he will mostly be remembered for the years he played RW.

Every player can't reach an elite level. Valencia did a great job for us.

Sterling Archer

Lack of personality bland smileless blah blah blah

Valencia has had a very good Manchester United career. I've been critical of him down the years at times, however, he has contributed plenty to our success at the fag end of the SAF years. As a winger he was exceptionally quick and strong and made use of those two attributes alongwith competent technical ability and intelligence. As a RB too he did surprisingly well but he will mostly be remembered for the years he played RW.

Every player can't reach an elite level. Valencia did a great job for us.
I agree with just about everything you're saying and not trying to take away from the player as I am questioning any sense of legacy at the club. He just wasnt that memorable a United player. It's worse that he was appointed captain and was even more underwhelming .

Frankly the fact that he was given the number 7 and then gave it back says it all for me. Never an icon even in his own eyes. Like him, but just don't care that he's going. And I don't think I would have had he left years ago outside maybe that one outstanding season.

ravi2

Dwight Yorke?

EDIT: Unless TaT is not officially considered in South America. :lol: My geography/social sciences or anything related subject is so bad.

T & T is the Caribbean, you are not far off though. When I lived there Venezuela was so close I could see it on a clear day.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Will be remembered fondly as a United player. He was efficient professional and although one dimensional, always put a shift in and consistent for most his stint.

I remember best his winger years before he took the 7 shirt, all those whips in to Rooney :drool:

Wazza4Gaffa

This man will get a testimonial for being the worst or as a more kind person would say least heralded 'legend' at our club. It is telling how he has lasted this long at this club as a first choice player. Should've been phased out once he could no longer cut it out as a winger.

amolbhatia50k

Sadly, Valencia's reputation suffers from actually being more prominent in our first 11 as many fans would like. Whereas someone like Park is revered for being a fantastic contributor to our successes - to a major extent due to how limited his appearances were - Valencia gets more flack because we went through periods where he probably should have been a rotational/backup RW or RB but due to circumstances/settling for less and his ethic, he was always starting. Let alone the other times when he was excellent and rightfully was our right winger/right back.

cyril C

Great servant and good luck. I must say not so good memory. As Captain he led us through some of the worst moment in club history, not his fault of course. Great if he take it with him.

Josh 76

People forget on his day how great he was. The only player I've seen have a peak Ashley Cole on toast. (Not even Ronaldo did that).
Just a shame he got that injury when he did .

Bojan11

Sadly, Valencia's reputation suffers from actually being more prominent in our first 11 as many fans would like. Whereas someone like Park is revered for being a fantastic contributor to our successes - to a major extent due to how limited his appearances were - Valencia gets more flack because we went through periods where he probably should have been a rotational/backup RW or RB but due to circumstances/settling for less and his ethic, he was always starting. Let alone the other times when he was excellent and rightfully was our right winger/right back.
Park had a lot more quality than Valencia and doesn’t get that much credit because he wasn’t flashy as Ronaldo, Nani or Giggs. Just look at how he played when PSV made the semi finals of the champions league in 2004.

Valencia was a good player for about two seasons for us out of 10. The other seasons he was either average or poor. His crossing was embarrassing at times. I just don’t get how a professional footballer who has played as a winger all his career could just be bad at crosses. He’d just drill it into the defenders shin and it would drive me mad.

Will he remembered by me? Not really. He’d be remembered as the guy we cheaped out to replace Ronaldo.

He’s not someone who would be a memorable player for me.

wolvored

This man will get a testimonial for being the worst or as a more kind person would say least heralded 'legend' at our club. It is telling how he has lasted this long at this club as a first choice player. Should've been phased out once he could no longer cut it out as a winger.
Agree. He made a lot of mistakes as a defender as he obviously wasn't cut out for the role. For every good game he had 2-3 bad ones. Like Young another converted winger.

amolbhatia50k

Park had a lot more quality than Valencia and doesn’t get that much credit because he wasn’t flashy as Ronaldo, Nani or Giggs.
Also because he was nowhere near as good. It's very debatable as to who had more quality. I'd pick Park, but Valencia isn't far behind. He even work our player of the year once which is a pretty outstanding feat for any footballer.

Valencia was a good player for about two seasons for us out of 10. The other seasons he was either average or poor. His crossing was embarrassing at times. I just don’t get how a professional footballer who has played as a winger all his career could just be bad at crosses. He’d just drill it into the defenders shin and it would drive me mad.
Revisionism at its finest. Park was good for how many years, then? All of them? Valencia had many good years, many decent years and a couple of poor ones.

He annoyed me with his robotic play at times as well but again that has much to do with us not strengthening when we needed to and thrusting him forth as a starter when he shouldn't' have been one. It doesn't change the fact that he has/had been very good for us over the years.

Will he remembered by me? Not really. He’d be remembered as the guy we cheaped out to replace Ronaldo.

I bet you'll remember him. Unless you have a shit memory.

InfiniteBoredom

Park had a lot more quality than Valencia and doesn’t get that much credit because he wasn’t flashy as Ronaldo, Nani or Giggs. Just look at how he played when PSV made the semi finals of the champions league in 2004.

Basically this.

Valencia had about 2.5 season of productive football, as soon as 12/13 rolled around his crossing went to shit and he was little more than a glorified fullback, before becoming an actual fullback who is positionally suspect.

I’m appreciative of the fact that he relishes playing for United and always put in 100%, which is more than can be said of the majority of our players since Fergie retired, but the fact remains that his performance has ranged from acceptable to mostly wank for years now, and he’s just as culpable of the tumescent football is fans have had to watched over the years as anyone else in the team.

IAmAWinner

Should have left long ago. Good in 09/10 and 10/11. Excellent in 11/12. One good season as a right back in 16/17. Apart from that, mostly a waste of time. But thanks for some good memories. (Goals against Blackburn and Everton :drool:)

gormless

Will always associate him with that 2 month period in 2010(?) when Rooney suddenly became the best header of a football I had ever seen before just as quickly losing that skill the moment he got injured at Bayern.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Early seasons he was the reliable, always pick the right option yin to nani"s inconsistent "yang".

Then he sort of developed this habit of stopping dead at the opposition's box and then thrashing it into their shinz.

He remained a physical beast from full back though, until dropping off a cliff so badly that Young was by far the better option.

Best memory was wolves away where he was an animal. 5-0 win i think..he scored and assisted and i was the only one at work to have added him to the fantasy team

Red00012

A great servant to the club , it’s easy to remember the last few years where his performance declined but he had a number of great seasons before that leg break especially 2011 and 2012. A beast.

Great memories and Good Luck Tony

Djemba-Djemba

Had one really good season 11/12, a couple of good ones 09/10 and 16/17 as a stopgap right back and other than that was average at best.

Good luck to him but he really should have left a long time ago.

JawZ

Great serviceable player for the price we paid before it went crazy. Showed plenty of energy and passion during his time here. Wished his left foot had more ability though.

All the best.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's a shame his performances/availability fell off a cliff. This team is crying out for a right back like we had in him 2014-16.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Lot of time for him as a player, seemed like a proper normal family bloke as well. Great servant and hope if he wants to stay in the game when he retires, in some capacity, we help him out.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
If he's fit, he would still be a better option than Young despite not playing for months.
I'm guessing you've forgotten just how bad Valencia was when he did play this season. He made Young look like Roberto Carlos in comparison.

Obviously peak Valencia was far better, but Young has been better for a couple of seasons now.

I'll remember Valencia fondly, and I'll also like to remember that 20-30 minute period in the FA Cup final last year where he rolled back the clock and really had Chelsea in all kinds of problems. Wish we'd seen him do that more often over the last few years.

MadMike

Him and Mata the last 2 players in our squad to have a won an EPL title and CL, aren't they?

Zlatattack

He was a good player for us. No Ronaldo, but who is? He did well as a winger and a RB until recently when his performances tailed off. Good luck for the future - he could still be good somewhere slower paced.

LeftyBlaster

I’d also like to know what’s been going on with him this season. Jose ditched him and OGS has barely considered him. Is he unfit as feck or something? Personal problems?
If you were a manager, would you want to play a one-footed, one-dimensional, right-wing convert who has lost his pace and has a frequent tendency to play his opponent onside, and can't cross for shit?

AndyJ1985

He was a good player for us. No Ronaldo, but who is? He did well as a winger and a RB until recently when his performances tailed off. Good luck for the future - he could still be good somewhere slower paced.
Yeah the craggy island all-priests over-75s league

jees851

Thank you Tony V.

Learn english, in the future maybe you will be the club ambassador.

Untd55

Had immense pace. Rarely lost the ball. Outplayed Ashley Cole at his peak (Again, Ronaldo failed to do that). He was a very good player under Ferguson.

Started off under Moyes quite well, before the whole team went to pot and I think that is when he started playing as a right back. He had a few good seasons as a right back.

Eventually, lost his pace which is massive for any player built around it. This season he looked on the large side when last played.

Was linked to Inter in January, but not sure if it ever went through.

Also, he can speak English. He just chooses not to when speaking to reporters.

Ban

Great servant to the club and thanks for everything Tony.
Had some great games and good seasons. Up until he got number 7 he was a great asset. :)

On the other hand its time for some other good servants too leave too.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I always liked him and will be sad to see him go but he’s the exact type of player we needed to have been more ruthless in getting rid of. Hopefully we see more of it

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I’d also like to know what’s been going on with him this season. Jose ditched him and OGS has barely considered him. Is he unfit as feck or something? Personal problems?
His time on the pitch this season showed he doesn't have it anymore. Age caught up with him. I wish him well as he has been an honest professional for many years for the club.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I would if I'm free yeah. Nice day out and knowing Valencia the proceeds would be going to a good cause.

Don't think he'd struggle to get the crowds in.
If they price it the same as Carrick’s, they don’t get 30,000.

Kapardin

Wait, who said he is a "legend"?

We were the only "top club" who would convert failed wingers into failed FBs. Bar one season maybe, he has not even excelled as a RB. Keeping him and Young for longer than required does not make them "great servants".

Still, nothing personal, he's been professional so wish him luck.

Cloud7

Dwight Yorke?

EDIT: Unless TaT is not officially considered in South America. :lol: My geography/social sciences or anything related subject is so bad.
Don’t disrespect my country like that. We’re part of the Caribbean, not South America. We’re just closer to South America than we are to any of the other islands :p