Music Vampire Weekend

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
A-Punk is good, I like the video. Haven't heard any others yet.

Ekeke

Another Brit band which could be big in the summer when their new album comes out. People in Planes

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just heard Oxford Comma, I like it and I swear I've heard it somewhere before.

gaffs

I saw them at the ULU in London a couple of month back - wasn’t that impressed with them live though i love the album. I think they struggled to re-create the rich and intricate sound of the album live.

Hopefully they will be a bit better for the festival season.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
A mate had a few spare tickets tonight so I went to see them at Ali Pali. They were decent. Warm up band were a bit weird, Laura Marling was meant to play too but that never seemed to happen.

Biscuit1871

A mate had a few spare tickets tonight so I went to see them at Ali Pali. They were decent. Warm up band were a bit weird, Laura Marling was meant to play too but that never seemed to happen.
My cousin was there. You better not have tried any funny business with her.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Step is a ridiculously good song. Album is growing on me more and more.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah love Step. Played that so much over the last few weeks.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
"Step" and that Diane one are the only ones I've heard from the new album. "Step" is really good. Looking forward to listening though. I liked both "Vampire Weekend" and "Contra".

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The album is great, been listening to it non-stop. Worship You is the only song I'm not totally into yet.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Heard "Ya Hey" earlier. Very good song.

Goooose

Not really a big fan of this lot. They've got a few good songs but I just think they sound like they based their whole style on Come Dancing by The Kinks.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not really a big fan of this lot. They've got a few good songs but I just think they sound like they based their whole style on Come Dancing by The Kinks.
It's usually Paul Simon's Graceland they get accused of basing their career off.

Keenst

Everything I've heard off the new album sounds great, read some very positive reviews recently too.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's usually Paul Simon's Graceland they get accused of basing their career off.
It bugs me when people complain about things like that.

Iconic albums are going to inspire and influence artists, it's basically the foundation for what Music is based on. To knock a band or artist for living their dream and making music they love which is heavily inspired by their favourite music is just ridiculous.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Iconic albums are going to inspire and influence artists, it's basically the foundation for what Music is based on. To knock a band or artist for living their dream and making music they love which is heavily inspired by their favourite music is just ridiculous.
Exactly. Nothing wrong with being inspired by great artists. Of course it's more impressive to take your own direction and create something original but it's kind of difficult to come up with something that hasn't been done before in 2013 after 50+ years of globalisation of music.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Exactly. Nothing wrong with being inspired by great artists. Of course it's more impressive to take your own direction and create something original but it's kind of difficult to come up with something that hasn't been done before in 2013 after 50+ years of globalisation of music.
Agree, how many band have done something truly original? Everyone is influenced by someone, all that matters is that the band does their own thing with the sound. If the music is good, that's enough.

Waltraute

She-Devil
My sis made me listen to them, and I was totally prepared to loathe them as some kind of reprobate hipster abomination*, but I truly like Mansard Roof and I can not lie.

*someone in all of the Moyes threads, can't remember who it was. Best expression ever - 'abominable, reprobate football' :lol:

ashgabat

Come look at our Swedish girls instead!
Supports
Malmö FF
They're a great band! When their debut album was released I remember playing it on repeat so many times. I met the singer Ezra Koenig when he played at Way Out West in Gothenburg, gave a great impression.

Haven't heard the new album yet, I wasn't aware it was leaked! Time to go listen!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can't stop listening to Hannah Hunt. Especially when it kicks in near the end. Everlasting Arms is great too.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Oh and the little Hawaiian guitar riff at the end of Don't Lie is awesome too.