Music Vampire Weekend

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I still absolutely love Modern Vampires Of The City. Might be one of my favourite albums ever.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Gorgeous album. Would have to think very hard to come up with any better from the last five years.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Unbearably White is a great song. Looking forward to the new album. I've enjoyed what they've released so far.

Video for Sunflower is crap though, makes me feel ill.

Dante

Average bang
:lol: "Unbearably white". At least they're self-aware enough to joke about themselves. Gone up in my estimation.

Loublaze

ATLien
Looking forward to this new album. MVOTC is one of the best releases of the last ten years IMO

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
First impression is that it's a lot messier than their previous albums.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I like a lot about Modern Vampires of the City except for all the stupid voice modulation effects they used. Really detracts from songs like Ya Hey and Step. I also didn't like the weird monologues in Finger back and Ya Hey (again).

Bertie Wooster

That's great news. :)

Love all their albums, and was relieved that the last one - Father of the Bride - was very good despite the huge loss of Rostam.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
New album is called Only God Was Above Us. Out April 5th and two singles releasing next Friday.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah I like the two songs on first listen. Need to try not to overplay them before the album comes out.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Album out tomorrow. All of the singles have been class. They’re so good :D

Bertie Wooster

Love the new album. :)

Capricorn, Prep-School Gangsters and Hope are my favourites, but so many great new tracks to enjoy.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Love the new album. :)

Prep-School Gangsters and Hope are my favourites, but so many great new tracks to enjoy.
Yeah loving it on first listen. I’d initially put it below MVotC but it’s definitely one of their best.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Still obsessed with this.

Mary Boone is an absolutely gorgeous song. I can't stop listening to it. Classical is just so earwormy too, the piano on Connect is amazing, The Surfer is a brilliant grower.

It's a no skips album for me. So good.

Bertie Wooster

Yeah, fantastic album. :)

As you say, there's none that I skip. Probably Connect and Pravda are my least favourite, but they're still good.

Can't get enough of listening to Capricorn, Hope, Prep-School Gangsters, Gen-X Cops, Mary Boone, Classical, Ice Cream Piano, The Surfer - probably in that order of preference.