Van de Beek to Frankfurt | Loan with no mandatory buy option.

MadMike

Tot ziens Donny.

Hopefully, for his as well as for our sake, it's also goodbye for good.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Best of luck to him, I think that knee injury against Bournemouth put a bullet in his career here. Hope he has a good career.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Cool. See you back here in June Donny
:lol:

I completely forgot he went on loan to Everton. I don't think he even clocked more than 2,000 minutes of football for us in the 3 years he's been here.

Oranges038

What a waste of time and money he became.

Hopefully he can resurrect something from his career.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Good luck to him, short careers and he’s wasted a couple of years.

Price is low (especially if add ons are €5m of that) but that’s what happens when we buy the wrong players and over pay… other clubs know our desperation. Probably smell it on us to be honest.

£15m-£20m for Martial next please, £20m+ for McTominay. Throw it all at Toney

Unam333

Best of luck to him, I think that knee injury against Bournemouth put a bullet in his career here. Hope he has a good career.
I remember he was pretty decent in that match as well. Good luck Donny.

MadMike

Price is low (especially if add ons are €5m of that) but that’s what happens when we buy the wrong players and over pay… other clubs know our desperation. Probably smell it on us to be honest.

Unrealistic expectations.

No one's paying money for Martial. Not when he's gonna be free in 6 months and they won't have to deal with the issue of Martial requesting to be compensated the difference between his current contract and the new one.

Also doubtful that Scott will go from permanent fixture in the starting XI to being sold in less than a month. Not while ETH is still here. And in any case FFP might still prevent us from signing new players in January. If you're talking about January.

AFC NimbleThumb

I was thinking, why is this happening now then realised were weeks from January. Time really does fly when your team is shit.

Good luck Donny, we should never have bought you.

putzmcgee123

I can't be the only one who forgot he was still on the team. Best of luck to him.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Unrealistic expectations.

No one's paying money for Martial. Not when he's gonna be free in 6 months and they won't have to deal with the issue of Martial requesting to be compensated the difference between his current contract and the new one.

Also doubtful that Scott will go from permanent fixture in the starting XI to being sold in less than a month. Not while ETH is still here. And in any case FFP might still prevent us from signing new players in January. If you're talking about January.
You know the season we‘re having yeah… and you couldn’t let me dream for just five minutes? :(

agree

mancsarered

Unreal he's gone from the player he was at Ajax to a forgotten reservist who cant play over Scott McTominay

SambaBoy

Got to be one of the worst PL transfers of all time?

Didn't he cost £40m? I'm not sure how many times he played but he never stood out once.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

We aren’t getting any money for martial. He’s free in the summer.
we should get 30m plus for McTominay, a goal scoring midfielder

UpWithRivers

Good advertisement for their sponsor. We have a few more that they can find jobs for

FerociousCorgis

so glad we kept wasting some bench spots on him and not try and get anybody with an actual future some game time.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
From successful Ajax to Manchester United obscurity. As the Mandalorian would say...."This is the way"

Bobski

The sympathy he gets always struck me as odd, given the disdain towards the likes of Fred and McT. He only had to prove to be a better option that those 2 to get a chance and even his old manager didn't think he was.

1 half against Watford in the game that got Ole the sack was the only match he looked like a Utd player, the only match he played with some fire, for almost the entirety of the rest of his mins it was tidy ineffectual nothingness.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
we will still get more money back on Donny than we did on two Pogba transfers :lol:
A better way to look at it is a return on investment. Donny cost a third of what Pogba cost. Did we get a return on investment of a third of what we got with Pogba?

DVB 62 appearances. Mins played 1076 goals 2 assists 2. £27881 per minute played. £7.5 mill per goal/assist.

Pogba 233 appearances. Mins played 17,718. Goals 39. Assists 51. £5023 per minute played. £1 mill per goal/assist.

:lol: Embarrassing when you look at it in a way that actually matters.

state of your post.