Van de Beek to Frankfurt | Loan with no mandatory buy option.

Sgreddevil

I wonder what had really happened to him. When we bought him, he was one of the brightest midfield prospects. I thought he just didnt fit into the tactics of the past managers and he could have resurrected under his ex boss who knew him very well. But even his ex boss is using Mctominay over him now, it just doesnt add up. He doesn't seem to be lazy or unprofessional to me as compared to some other players.
Wish him the best nevertheless.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I wonder what had really happened to him. When we bought him, he was one of the brightest midfield prospects. I thought he just didnt fit into the tactics of the past managers and he could have resurrected under his ex boss who knew him very well. But even his ex boss is using Mctominay over him now, it just doesnt add up. He doesn't seem to be lazy or unprofessional to me as compared to some other players.
Wish him the best nevertheless.
Some players just can't make that big step up.

Brophs

The One and Only
One of the biggest wastes of space I’ve seen in my time as a United supporter and that’s saying something. He’ll leave and barely a single person will give a shit or even really remember he played for us in a year or two.

Eric_the_Red99

Should be a permanent move, which will hopefully happen in the summer. He was a bad signing, and it was clear early on that he was never going to make it here, but I don’t get the hate - he can hardly be blamed for our underperforming team over the last few years seeing as he’s hardly ever played. The blame should go to whoever approved the signing in the first place.

DeGea

A real mystery as to how he never really kicked on here. Wish him all the best.

TheForgottenOne

When we bought him, he was one of the brightest midfield prospects.
He never was one of the brightest midfield prospects. A bit of a copy of Klaassen who was not able to cut it at Everton.

Absolute waste that we bought him and a testament of the dire state of our transfer department.

Wish him all the best and I think he can be useful for a mid table club in a bigger competition, but never good enough for us.

Castia

Baffling

I mean he was literally one of ETH’s best players at Ajax and he can’t even get a kick under him here its all so odd

stu_1992

Best of luck with to him. I hope for everyone's sake he gives a good account of himself there which can lead to a permanent transfer there or elsewhere. Clear that he's just not cut out for it in England but he could still be a very good player elsewhere.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Talksport just now reported that he does have a buy clause at the end of the loan should they want to make it permanent

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

"For me 35m is a lot of money." He knew himself that he had conned his way to Old Trafford.

Rojofiam

Baffling

I mean he was literally one of ETH’s best players at Ajax and he can’t even get a kick under him here its all so odd
Not really baffling. He's an attacking midfielder who's nowhere near Bruno's level with the latter being an availability freak too...it was never going to work out.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Good luck to him. He’s actually a decent guy. Didn’t kick up a fuss despite never starting. Just got on with it. Deserves to be playing somewhere else

Castia

Not really baffling. He's an attacking midfielder who's nowhere near Bruno's level with the latter being an availability freak too...it was never going to work out.
I mean he's started like 6 games in 3 years that's not because Bruno is a better CAM

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Another thing that goes down to the recruitment team. Wasting money on a guy that can’t start in his preferred position. It’s ashame he couldn’t fit in at CM because he’s a better player than Mctominay yet he keeps starting.

Mike Smalling

Most bizarre transfer for United in a long time. It's weird how he has barely gotten a chance to do anything here. I realize Bruno plays his position, but surely there would be various midfield combination, where he could be fitted in. I guess he must have been quite bad in training or something.

Best we can hope for is to get some of the transfer fee back, when we offload him.

Rojofiam

Another thing that goes down to the recruitment team. Wasting money on a guy that can’t start in his preferred position. It’s ashame he couldn’t fit in at CM because he’s a better player than Mctominay yet he keeps starting.
What does VdB have other than off-ball movement and link-up play?

McTominay offers more, it's just controversial to state it right now because we are in a crisis.

buckooo1978

Be surprised if he plays more than 5 or 6 games

Couldn't really get a game at Everton when he went there

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
€15m buy option sounds pretty steep by Frankfurt's standards:

The fee for Jovic was a buy option they exercised in order to sell him to Real the very next day, so Donny would be their most expensive transfer ever in a way.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I mean he's started like 6 games in 3 years that's not because Bruno is a better CAM
Bruno didn't strictly play as CAM also. And then, we bought Jason Mount who's almost similar type of player.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
€15m buy option sounds pretty steep by Frankfurt's standards:

The fee for Jovic was a buy option they exercised in order to sell him to Real the very next day, so Donny would be their most expensive transfer ever in a way.
Basically another player who will have his contract run out here.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He did and he played quite well, he just got injured.
He started well for the first game or two. From memory his form had already dropped right off before his injury. In saying that, he'd barely played for 18 months and he only got 6 games before the injury, so maybe he would have played himself into some form given a bit more time.

Oldham

One of the worst player I've seen at United...
Hope we don't see him again.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Basically another player who will have his contract run out here.
I think most people would do that if they were in his shoes. He's reportedly earning around €7m p.a. right? Even if he shows great performances there they'd probably offer him around half of that.