Van Gaal Needs To Get Cease and Desist & Posters need to read the article

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Yes, Timber actually said that in an interview recently! I really wish people would understand it, but I guess that doesn't suit a narrative they have in their head.

People are just so gullible, what actually happened is simple: a stupid journalist of the Telegraaf, a paper Van Gaal has long standing conflicts with, created the rumour about him telling Timber not to go to Manchester United or we would be out of the Dutch NT.

What happened in reality is that Van Gaal and Timber discussed a move, Van Gaal felt a change right before the World Cup isn't ideal but also felt Timber would get minutes at United, more so given who's the coach here. But Timber realised he's competing with Van Dijk, De Ligt, De Vrij, then there's guys like Aké at City and Blind and a few others who are options for a CB spot. So he felt it was best for his development and chances of making the Dutch NT by staying at Ajax, because he's young, they play Champions League and there will be plenty of things for him to learn this season.

Fact that Malacia came here right before the World Cup should've killed the nonsense but somehow it didn't.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
There's nothing wrong with us sacking him necessarily, I think the main problem was it seemed clear that we were basically waiting to see if Mourinho fancied the job and as soon aa he became available we ditched LvG with terrible timing.

Kind of like ditching your girlfriend the day after her birthday for the hotter girl at work you've been claiming is "just a friend" the day after she also split-up with her partner...

I personally feel if Jose hadn't become available we would have given LvG a 3rd season and I think behind the scenes there was no indication the club was unhappy with him.
That’s the bit I don’t get. Surely sacking him before the final would have been much worse timing? Destabilise the team right before we compete for a trophy? Also shitty thing to do to Van Gaal. Remove his last chance to achieve anything at the club.

Once you accept that the best move was to allow him stay in charge for the final, then the only thing that’s left to decide is how soon afterwards. And the sooner the better, in terms of preparing for the next season.

OrcaFat

I'm really not sure it's a direct attack on United. It sounds like a manager who desperately wants his players to be in top form 2 months from now and prefers no movements to new clubs or leagues.
Yeah, reading the article it had nothing to do with Utd.

Chief123

For some reason I read the thread title as “Van Gaal needs to cease to exist”.

Was thinking “blimey, that’s harsh.”

Kag

That’s the bit I don’t get. Surely sacking him before the final would have been much worse timing? Destabilise the team right before we compete for a trophy? Also shitty thing to do to Van Gaal. Remove his last chance to achieve anything at the club.

Once you accept that the best move was to allow him stay in charge for the final, then the only thing that’s left to decide is how soon afterwards. And the sooner the better, in terms of preparing for the next season.
This is true to an extent, but the news had broken before he’d even finished his post match presser. The club handled the departures of Van Gaal - and Moyes, for that matter - poorly. I can see why they throw a few digs in from time to time.

redsunited

For those who says Its world cup year

"At the beginning of the summer I discussed my future with Van Gaal and he had nothing but good words for Bayern. He praised their philosophy and told me that if I went there, I would fall in love with them.” - De Ligt

Lentwood

Well, we will have to agree to disagree. I like to think it could have been handled with a bit more class but I suppose worse things have happened in football

CallyRed

Wasn't there rumours on the day of the final that United were going to sack him whatever the result?

CallyRed

Maybe? Doesn’t make the decision any less correct to sack him asap after final.

The leaks were annoying for everyone. That’s the main issue there.
Don't get me wrong, we were right to sack him. Was just a bit shitty to leak such information on the day of a final.

NotThatSoph

For those who says Its world cup year

"At the beginning of the summer I discussed my future with Van Gaal and he had nothing but good words for Bayern. He praised their philosophy and told me that if I went there, I would fall in love with them.” - De Ligt
De Ligt will be a starter at Bayern, Gakpo would be far from a certain starter at United.

Andersonson

I understand that he is a grumpy old man, who cannot get over being sacked and keeps being sour, but for feck's sake he cannot continue to bad-mouth United and discourage player after player from joining us. This is not the first time the old fart has pulled this shit. It doesn't always work and not everybody listens to him, but this is still wrong and at some point he needs to be told to knock it off. Especially given that he is not just a random mean dude, he is the manager of Dutch team and is borderline telling Dutch players that if they join United, he will hold that against them.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-gakpo-vangaal-transfer-27893109

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manutd-transfer-vangaal-timber-ajax-27899784

Still want to have him 'Cease and Desist'?

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
"Netherlands coach Louis van Gaal has told Erik ten Hag to steer clear of the manager's job at Manchester United."
https://www.espn.com/soccer/manches...warning-to-erik-ten-hag-its-a-commercial-club

And please don't give me "but it is true" line. If you are a real fan, same rules apply as when it comes to friends and family: I can criticize because they are my family, friends, and my club, but if some old a-hole starts trash-talking them, he gets his ass kicked.

It's insane that you have to explain to people calling themselves fans that you are supposed to be passionate about your club. Either some of you don't understand what being a fan means, and/or a lot of posters on RedCafe also have a complex of being a contrarian. Some of you just love to disagree, no matter the subject.

As a United fan through-and-through I am pissed that the bitter old feck is attacking it, that's the post, end of story. Thanks for coming to my TED talk

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Cease and desist :lol:

He's not done anything illegal. What would he get a cease and desist order for?