Vanja Milinkovic

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
Under 17's Serbian keeper, just confirmed as signed by United. Will stay at current unpronouncable club for another year.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Should be moved to U21 forum since it's official.

He will become huge after following a proper diet with proper coaching.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He looks like he's got a mortgage and kids to think of.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
His balls dropped when he was 3 apparently.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Under 17's Serbian keeper, just confirmed as signed by United. Will stay at current unpronouncable club for another year.
It's pronounced voe-vine-da apparently

eddiebb

gobshite
Somehow that looks like a prison team :lol:

Bit surprised we have signed another keeper considering we have about 4 keepers between u17 and u21 level who can't get any games for the club, but I uppose we just have to trust that the club knows what it's doing...

Truedevil

I guess Amos is on his way out so that we need another young goalkeeper for the future. It won't do any harm to us.

Booyakasha

Happy for the lad.

Really hoping this wasn't the 'transfer activity underway' that Woody referred to recently. No offence to Milinkovic, of course

Gopher Brown

Somehow that looks like a prison team :lol:

Bit surprised we have signed another keeper considering we have about 4 keepers between u17 and u21 level who can't get any games for the club, but I uppose we just have to trust that the club knows what it's doing...
Nah, feck that, let's go and picket Carrington - "No more 'keepers, no more 'keepers!"

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/17/who-i...irst-summer-signing-vanja-milinkovic-4731122/

"Manchester United have made teenage goalkeeper Vanja Milkinkovic-Savic their first summer signing.
Here are ten things you didn’t know about the Serbian stopper.

1. Full name Vanja Milinkovic-Savic, he is a 17-year-old goalkeeper, having been born on February 20, 1997.

2. He is seen as one for the future and will be allowed to stay with his current club FK Vojvodina next season before arriving at Old Trafford in the summer of 2015.

3. Despite his tender years, he is exceptionally tall – standing at 6ft 7ins.

4. Vanja comes from a sporting family. His dad Nikola Milinkovic played football for FK Becej while his mum was a basketball player.

5. He made six appearances for Serbia in the qualifying phase for the Uefa Under-17 Championship, making his debut in a 6-0 victory over Andorra last October.

6. Milinkovic has conceded just three goals in those appearances and has still to finish on the losing side, enjoying further wins over Estonia, Republic of Ireland and Georgia plus draws with Greece and Germany.

7. United spotted him when he gave an impressive performance during that 1-1 draw with the Germans in March and invited him to England for trials.

8. FK Vojvodina acted quickly after hearing of United’s interest and he signed his first professional deal on April 2. His older brother Sergei already plays for their first team.

9. He will be hoping to become only the third Serbian to play for United’s first team, following on from Nemanja Vidic, who made 300 appearances in eight seasons up to the end of this season, and Zoran Tosic who played five times in 2009-10.

10. Milinkovic is the first signing to be made by United since they sacked David Moyes as manager last month."

ricky-romeo

he's huge. hope he grows another inch or two before joining us. imagine a 6 foot 9 inches goalie for us!!!

HabeasC

Vaaanjaaa whoa Vaaanjaaa whoa

He comes from Serbia

He'll probably murder ya

Vaaanjaaa whoa

Too soon? :'(

Lane

We need a good third choice GK. Amos has not developed and has to go, i think he is even holding our u-21s back.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well, that means Amos is going to leave, then. Even then, we will have 4 keepers for the U-21: Johnstone, Gollini, and Pereira along with Milinkovic.

I think it's most likely that Johnstone may also leave the club. Having 4 keepers for the U-21 won't make much sense, IMO.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Well, that means Amos is going to leave, then. Even then, we will have 4 keepers for the U-21: Johnstone, Gollini, and Pereira along with Milinkovic.

I think it's most likely that Johnstone may also leave the club. Having 4 keepers for the U-21 won't make much sense, IMO.
On loan for sure......but no way we'll let him go

And Gollini will go back to Italy

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster

Well Milinkovic isn't joining till summer 2015. So that's 3 keepers. Rumours are Gollini looks likely to be heading back to Italy so we're then down to two. If we want Johnstone to go on loan which would be the right move for him we only have Pereira for the U21s next year assuming Amos leaves.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well Milinkovic isn't joining till summer 2015. So that's 3 keepers. Rumours are Gollini looks likely to be heading back to Italy so we're then down to two. If we want Johnstone to go on loan which would be the right move for him we only have Pereira for the U21s next year assuming Amos leaves.
Yes, I forgot about that part. So I guess we'll see Pereira and Gollini still staying in, then. Henderson's only had 1 year at the U-18's.

In relation to Johnstone, yes, I meant on loan. He's a talented young keeper, and with Lindegaard looking more likely to move on the older he gets, we'll need Johnstone to be the backup to de Gea.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
"Milinkovic's transfer is the first by the 20-times English champions since they sacked manager David Moyes, who replaced legendary predecessor Alex Ferguson, in April after a disappointing first campaign."

That is the most disappointing syntax of all time. Tries to convey so much and succeeds with so little.

Keenst

"Milinkovic's transfer is the first by the 20-times English champions since they sacked manager David Moyes, who replaced legendary predecessor Alex Ferguson, in April after a disappointing first campaign."

That is the most disappointing syntax of all time. Tries to convey so much and succeeds with so little.
Huh? You just wanted to say syntax didn't you?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Nah, I wanted to convey my disappointment in his ability to construct sentences that mean what they originally intended to tbf. So, syntax like.

khoazany

And O'Hara.Believe it or not he still exists.Was offered a professional deal after an impressive season on loan.

Santos J

According to some website I was reading through their forum he's been sold, or at least partly, to an 'investment fund' for €360,000, which is probably an agency of some sort that their fans seem to think is family-owned. I'm guessing that's just where the rumours that he's ours already have come from if indeed he hasn't officially signed yet as he's been partly sold by the club, probably for his agent/family to get a better chunk out of any transfer. It's probably a matter of when & not if considering we announced it.

The sale of rights thing was on the 15th so I'm guessing a move will definitely happen, just depends where to as his agent has said there's 'better financial offers' from Europe, I'm guessing aswell as ours.

Last edited: