Vanja Milinkovic

jb8521

Any updates? We clearly jumped the gun on this one as well :lol:
Still nothing finalized as far as I know. Genk are signing his brother and trying to get him as well and it seems the agent wants them both to be at the same club.

Bestie07

Still nothing finalized as far as I know. Genk are signing his brother and trying to get him as well and it seems the agent wants them both to be at the same club.
Aah, okay. Thanks! Don't understand why that is his agent's preference, they should do what is best for their individual careers. As far as we are concerned, we should not be announcing deals until they are actually done. Amateurish stuff. Thankfully this is just a youngster, imagine if we announce we have signed Vidal and then his agent comes out and says that he might not sign for us.

jb8521

Aah, okay. Thanks! Don't understand why that is his agent's preference, they should do what is best for their individual careers. As far as we are concerned, we should not be announcing deals until they are actually done. Amateurish stuff. Thankfully this is just a youngster, imagine if we announce we have signed Vidal and then his agent comes out and says that he might not sign for us.
I presume we announced it because we have an agreement with the club. Its an awkward situation because Serbias not in the E.U. so he cant officially sign until hes 18 anyway and we would need his parents to agree the contract not just his signature.

jb8521

Vanja Milinkovic "I know that the clubs agreed, and my agent and I now can not wait to be told by Manchester scout Budimir Vujacic about agreeing the last details of my transfer.These details are sporting,not financial in nature,but I cant speak about them at this point"

Redo91

Hard to get too excited about the signing of any young goalkeeper to be honest. With De Gea being so good and only 23 in all likelihood the best Milinkovic (or any other keeper we sign) can hope for is to become our second choice.

Brightonian

Hard to get too excited about the signing of any young goalkeeper to be honest. With De Gea being so good and only 23 in all likelihood the best Milinkovic (or any other keeper we sign) can hope for is to become our second choice.
True, but the youth sides still need goalkeepers. Plus it never hurts to add talent. If de Gea's still fit and firing by the time players like Johnstone and now Milinkovic need regular first team football, there's nothing wrong with selling them on.

Acole9

Outstanding
I thought this deal had been done a while back. Anyway I suppose we are in a position to bring in a young goalkeeper what with Gollini and Sutherland both leaving. It seems like we dealt with his club in a professional manner too which is good to hear.

khoazany

I thought this deal had been done a while back. Anyway I suppose we are in a position to bring in a young goalkeeper what with Gollini and Sutherland both leaving. It seems like we dealt with his club in a professional manner too which is good to hear.
Henderson (and of course J.Pereira) is better than both of them.It never hurt to add another talent into our rank but we seem to have special love with GKs.

FromTheBench

This guy must be quite a big talent to go through this trouble for him despite having pretty good GK talents already. We are paying a biggish fee for a 17 year old GK as well and loaning him there for a while.

Guess the worse case scenario would still be us making a profit on selling him a few years down the line though, Chelski style. I.e if De Gea stays and he cannot force his way.

Don't we have 3 more younger GK's on trial as well in addition to Henderson and Pereira who look impressive ? That's ignoring Johnstone as well who is fair bit older.

Ekeke

De Gea is a special goalkeeper. And if we want to help develop a young goalkeeper to come through and genuinely compete with him, making sure De Gea doesn't dip in form much in the future, then its going to take effort. For example Pereira looks good but he'll probably need to compete with other good young goalkeepers to get the kind of edge that will be needed to push him on to the next levels.

Of course we could try and skip the process by signing a first choice keeper at another club who genuinely thinks he could take De Gea's spot. But that costs a lot more and then when he fails to take the spot, he'd probably want to move on after a few years. Whereas someone we bring through might show a bit of loyalty and stick around a bit longer.

Its hard to create the ideal situation for our goalkeepers, so I'm happy to see us putting emphasis on it.

khoazany

Don't we have 3 more younger GK's on trial as well in addition to Henderson and Pereira who look impressive ? That's ignoring Johnstone as well who is fair bit older.
Trial means nothing.We have tons of GK trialists every year.