Vanja Milinkovic

Mickson

Pretty impressive that he already is an first team regular. Kept a cleen sheat again when Vojvodina won 3-0. I feel that we should talk up this lad more than we do! How good is he, serbian cafs?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He seems to be a hot prospect from i've read.

Would like to hear the views of the Serbian fans.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
This guy continues to impress apparently. He got his fifth clean sheet at the weekend, helping Vojvodina to the top of the table.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Am I the only one concerned this guy might be too tall? The freak's close to 6'8" at 17, if he grows another couple of inches he'll be way taller that any top goalie I can think of. I suppose his current height isn't that different from Courtois' 6'6", but 1) Courtois is blessed with astonishing agility for a fella of his size, and 2) Milinkovic is probably not done growing yet.

Brophs

The One and Only
Am I the only one concerned this guy might be too tall? The freak's close to 6'8" at 17, if he grows another couple of inches he'll be way taller that any top goalie I can think of. I suppose his current height isn't that different from Courtois' 6'6", but 1) Courtois is blessed with astonishing agility for a fella of his size, and 2) Milinkovic is probably not done growing yet.
Based on nothing at all, I reckon that'll probably be it for him, growth spurt wise. Quite often when young lads shoot up like that they've basically reached their adult height around that age. Also we do all those fancy tests now so I'm guessing we know roughly what height he'll end up at.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Based on nothing at all, I reckon that'll probably be it for him, growth spurt wise. Quite often when young lads shoot up like that they've basically reached their adult height around that age. Also we do all those fancy tests now so I'm guessing we know roughly what height he'll end up at.
You can x-ray their epiphiyses (nothing to do with Egyptians) and get a good handle on whether or not they're gonna get any taller.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies

Not a good day at the office yesterday. Conceded 3 as Vojvodina lost at home to Donji Srem. Should have done better for the second. Y and L.

khoazany

He's playing in a higher level of football of course but tbh Dean Henderson strikes me with much more confidence than this lad.Will see how we do with both of them next season plus Joel Pereira.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Vanja Milinković-Savić will spend the next 10 days training with United at the Aon Training Complex.

jb8521

Milinkovic played in a behind closed doors game against Wolves

R'hllor

Wonder will he be with us from the summer or he will go on loan somewhere.

The Red Thinker

Size of his flipping head! I'm going with acromegaly.

You have to wonder how nimble a big lump like that will be when it comes to getting down to shots along the ground.
Well Fraser Forster is MASSIVE, but he does alright for his size when it comes to nimbleness. It's about having the right physique and United will give him that.

Telcontar

I haven't seen a lot of him cause I don't really watch Serbian league (match fixing and all the shit.. ) but he's rated among two most talented Serbian goalkeepers, and we had problems with goalkeepers ever since SFRJ broke.. And the other one is Rajkovic from Crvena Zvezda and he is I think year, two older than Vanja.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's playing in a higher level of football of course but tbh Dean Henderson strikes me with much more confidence than this lad.Will see how we do with both of them next season plus Joel Pereira.
Joel Pereira is the shit tbh. It's a shame for him (and Sam Johnstone who is also very impressive) that we have Dave who is still young. Of course, rumours of his departure persist, but I'd be surprised if a youth keeper ever became our #1 here anyway.

khoazany

Joel Pereira is the shit tbh. It's a shame for him (and Sam Johnstone who is also very impressive) that we have Dave who is still young. Of course, rumours of his departure persist, but I'd be surprised if a youth keeper ever became our #1 here anyway.
Same with every top club.The Casillas days are long gone.

Sid234

Just read quotes from Milinkovic saying that he doesn't want to play in the youth teams and wants to go out on loan to Holland or Belgium. Doesn't want to return to his home club either.

From his twitter feed seems like he's stoked to be at united though.

Has he been playing for the U-21's? Haven't seen his name in any of the match day squads in the pre-season friendlies

R'hllor

One of the most promising goalkeepers in the world and the guy who won the gold medal at the World Championships in New Zealand, Vanja Milinkovic-Savic, spoke of "Sports" about his future, Manchester United, Vojvodina, bright future past in Serbia ...

Serbia can boast of having the world champion in the class up to 20 years but can be proud of having a great generation keeper after a long period of time. With the right work and commitment these guys our country, whatever it is called, could obtain any past generation has never had in the history and future of our senior national team selectors will surely have "sltkih sick" when it comes to choice goalkeeper.

One of those who have become the gold at the World Championships in New Zealand and one of the aforementioned past who are expected to make a significant career is and Vanja Milinkovic-Savic, the guy who last year signed a contract with Manchester United and goalkeeper of whom Serbian public expected to one day fit between the post off one of the biggest teams in the world.

Vanja is to our mutual satisfaction has agreed to speak to the portal "Sportske.net" and spoke by Manchester United, plans for the future, Vojvodina, our goalies, Veljko Paunovic ...

What is your status now, you failed the preparation nor with Manchester United even with Vojvodina, whether you ask for a loan or a club and plan to defend for their young team?

"The player I was Manchester United, and now we are the club seeks a loan, it is still in the process of this search. Staying young team almost certainly will not happen, it is very likely that I will go on loan and what I wanted."

What are the options, if there is a new opportunity to again defend Vojvodina?

"There is no possibility to defend again for Vojvodina,thats for sure."

England or Europe?

"It all depends, I sincerely hope, and I would most like to go on loan to Belgium or Holland, we'll see what the club will decide soon."

According to some your opinion, what are the chances that one day defend the Manchester United?

Manchester goalkeeper who wants to defend the long run, even if it goes De Gea is certain to find an adequate replacement. In a young team, there are two excellent goalkeepers, Johnson and Pereira, and the rumor is that the club reached a talented cadet from Barcelona named injak Pena.

"I am not informed as for this past from Barcelona, but I think that was quite distant future and it is early to speak about it at this point. I stand firmly on the ground and I know now that I can not defend myself in the first team and that has yet to a lot of things that go to make it happen. "

Is it true that the first congratulated Pereira from Brazil on winning the silver, and a few hours later you on winning the gold. Are you even congratulated?

"It did not arrive any congratulations to Manchester United."

It is certain that he would like to play ball again with his own brother in the team, and when it happened, where it would like it to be?

"Surely he would like to play together again, he expressed his desire to one day play for Real Madrid, and I certainly would not complain to play for Real if necessary, to be their goalie, even though we do not one of the favorite teams . "

We are sure that you follow Vojvodina and their European road this season. What do you think about the chances against Sampdoria in these two games?

"Frankly, I would like to be a real smart, but why not have a chance, do you see that each of each can surprise why Voša could Sampdoria? Did Sampdoria certainly the favorite, but Vojvodina is not without chances in this game. A couple of players have the experience of our team, nothing is impossible. "

Would you like when you played for Red Star or Partizan?

"No. Most of Novi Sad and the people who are cheering for Vojvodina know me and know what kind of attitude we have towards it."

We have too many good goalie in junior categories ranging from the three of you who were at the World Championships for players under 20 years, there are still Stevanovic from Čukarički, young Boris Radunovic in Atlanta and many, many others. Do you think that the screen for some 7-8 years ago, maybe even before, to be the "sweet torment"?

"Thank God, finally the time has come for Serbia to have good goalkeepers, is up to us to work hard and show that we have the quality. It will probably be the first Rajko national team goalkeeper, he is certainly the most promising at the moment."

Serbian football has lost Veljko Paunovic, how you comment?

"For me it was logical that he went on his way somewhere. He is now the best coach with whom I worked and that I am his place certainly does not want to dwell. He went to progress as much as possible."

From any of the current players of Vojvodina expect to make the best career? Is it Mirko Ivanic?

"Yes, definitely. Mica, as we call it to my mind is the artist of football, when it begins to dance with a ball stadium admired, so the caliber of greatness and would like to include in agenda as much as possible." Said one of gold, "Orlic" in an interview for our website, Vanja Milinkovic-Savic.

Nevertheless, it pointed out to us that there is no Twitter account and that each with his name on the social network false.

Guess he wants to play in below top 5 leagues on regular basis,where he can show is he good enough for us or not.Think there are some news about his brother Sergej joining Lazio from Genk for 10 mil.euros or something.

Edit: I know its google translate but its not that confusing in this case.

PS18

Perils of social media in football these days... what with not congratulating Milinkovic and not even acknowledging RvP's exit, not a great summer for the United twitter account