VAR and Refs | General Discussion

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Handball has to be intentional to be penalised. Looks like his body would have blocked the ball, even if he didn't have arms, need see better replay. He pulls his arm in, not towards the ball. If his arms fully inside his body, shouldn't be given, no advantage can possibly have been gained. Even if on the goal line.
You're seriously crazy:lol:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Pen, red and all the following decisions correct too. A rare win for the officials in what's been a poor season

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Handball has to be intentional to be penalised. Looks like his body would have blocked the ball, even if he didn't have arms, need see better replay. He pulls his arm in, not towards the ball. If his arms fully inside his body, shouldn't be given, no advantage can possibly have been gained. Even if on the goal line.
Willian doesn't play for Chelsea anymore FYI

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'd say looking at it again, Willian can blame himself, his hand moves in a way that could be construed to be deliberate.

If his arms are out of the way anywhere away from the ball, I think he still blocks the ball with his torso and doesn't get sent off.
Man... didn't you see that he accelerated his hand at the last moment to make sure the ball was blocked?

Djemba-Djemba

I'd say looking at it again, Willian can blame himself, his hand moves in a way that could be construed to be deliberate.

If his arms are out of the way anywhere away from the ball, I think he still blocks the ball with his torso and doesn't get sent off.
Is this as close as you'll get to admitting you were talking total bollocks?

Honestly there is something about Utd that triggers something in peoples heads. The most blatant decisions get debated and questioned if they go in our favour. It's mental.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Pen, red and all the following decisions correct too. A rare win for the officials in what's been a poor season
Yeah, I can understand opposition fans being annoyed at the luck we had with Fulham going into meltdown after us being pretty much total shit for 70 minutes and deservedly losing... but there's no argument to be had about the actual decisions themselves.

Longshanks

Handball does not have to be deliberate to be penalised. Especially where it quite clearly partially or totally stops the ball going in the net. It's always been handball if it hits someone's hand or arm on the goal line.

You could argue the red card is harsh maybe as it was possibly accidental but it is 100% always a penalty and once the pen is given it Is normally followed by red in similar situations.

Swedish_Plumber

His hand moves in a way that could be construed and deliberate because it IS deliberate.

midou

Most shocking thing tonight is that VAR and ref got every call right in that mess.

OldSchoolManc

It’s the VAR paradox and it’s the biggest issue in the game at the moment.

A. Referee’s are too willing to leave incidents to VAR.
B. VAR is too cautious in overruling the original decision of not giving a foul.

It’s why the Casemiro red leaves a particularly bad taste in the mouth because neither A not B was adhered to like they always are.
This is why VAR and refereeing is awful for as long I can remember.
All trying to cover each other’s backs so much, the correct decision is secondary

68cob

So many people elsewhere saying that Sancho's shot was going wide :cool:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah, I can understand opposition fans being annoyed at the luck we had with Fulham going into meltdown after us being pretty much total shit for 70 minutes and deservedly losing... but there's no argument to be had about the actual decisions themselves.
It's actually funny how hatred can blind some

morree

You can clearly see it's going in if he doesn't stop it with his arm, anyone saying otherwise must be blind.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
So many people elsewhere saying that Sancho's shot was going wide :cool:
Even the commentator said it, that "some people have seen a replay and it appears the ball might not have been on target" but didn't show any such replay. It's about a foot inside the post from all the replays they did show. Bonkers.

RedRocket9908

Did he? Why the deck didn't he blow the whistle in real time? That trend is getting really tiresome.
I think the refs are scared to give Man Utd these big decisions in real time because they know it will be scrutinised over and over by the TV people and talked about constantly for weeks if its wrong.

No other club has the decisions it gets scrutinised as much as ours.

A-man

First I thought the red was a bit harsh, but looking at the replay and he seems to move his arm in the direction to block the shot and then there is no discussion anymore. If he had his hand in that position from the beginning it’d be another situation, but as he moved it, clear red imo.

Eric_the_Red99

Most shocking thing tonight is that VAR and ref got every call right in that mess.
You have to say that Fulham made it all super easy for the officials with the quite spectacular meltdown. They won’t get an easier set of decisions to make in their careers.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
We have unfortunately reached the stage now where a few of our players have a certain image and it’s becoming hard to shake that off . It’s very difficult for Rashford to get a penalty, Bruno seems to not get any decisions and Maguire has this image where if there’s ever a 50-50 then he must have fouled. Don’t really know how we move away from that

arthurka

I think the refs are scared to give Man Utd these big decisions in real time because they know it will be scrutinised over and over by the TV people and talked about constantly for weeks if its wrong.

No other club has the decisions it gets scrutinised as much as ours.
VAR has taken the responsibility of the officials, now it is hidden behind some entity that no one can touch. Just officiate the game and let VAR correct the wrong decisions instead of letting VAR officiate the bloody game.

fallengt

Don't know what Marco Silva said to official ref but assistant ref called for a send off too.
The other two decisions, I don't know how anyone can spin it other than straight red cards. Maybe Mitrovic could've gotten away with it if Ref had been on good mood but not today.
These are as text book as it get

Baneofthegame

Have you lost your mind?

TheReligion

Abusive

Jesus wept :lol:

What a load of nonsense waffling.

cyberman

The ball is past his torso, it’s why it hits his right hand?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You’re all arguing with a flat earther

Fully Fledged

Don't know what Marco Silva said to official ref but assistant ref called for a send off too.
The other two decisions, I don't know how anyone can spin it other than straight red cards. Maybe Mitrovic could've gotten away with it if Ref had been on good mood but not today.
These are as text book as it get
He's not allowed to approach the ref while he is looking at the screen he has to stay in his technical area.
At least that is what he said in his press conference. He accepted he broke the rules.

SER19

The only debate is why Kavanagh didnt give it in real time. Genuinely concerning decision for something that was so obvious, if he's kept up with play and remotely positioned himself well, there's just no way he can miss it and somehow he did. After last weekend I wonder if we'll get a real time penalty again.

fallengt

Can you even prove handballs are intentional or not? Refs are not mind reader. No player is stupid enough to deliberately handball inside the box, it's always split second reflection or bad body pose.
Handball to stop a clear goal, even unintentional one, is a red most of the time. Unless ball hits other part of the body first

RedRocket9908

Can you even prove handballs are intentional or not? Refs are not mind reader. No player is stupid enough to deliberately handball inside the box, it's always split second reflection or bad body pose.
Handball to stop a clear goal, even unintentional one, is a red most of the time. Unless ball hits other part of the body first
Reece James was sent off at Anfield after the ball bounced off his knee on to his arm on the goalline.

cyberman

You’re literally making this up and chatting shit mate.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
:lol: