VAR and Refs | General Discussion

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'm sorry, are you guys complaining over Onana trying to decapitate someone? :lol:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'm sorry, are you guys complaining over Onana trying to decapitate someone? :lol:

That's a pen but it happens literally every match. The amount of times goalkeepers go up and clear out players is so common.

90 + 5min

Stonewall penalty once again denied.

Shocking from VAR. Something we are used with.

Remember the geese

Never a pen. Wasn't against Wolves and it isn't today. They made such a fuss when the one against Wolves wasn't given that you knew today's would be awarded.

Heinzesight

What annoys me is there is never any long checks for incidents where we may have a penalty. It’s just decided so quickly.

SER19

A blatant penalty its absolutely incredible. Once again just days after a near identical one goes against us, we don't get one. This season has been just awful. Absolutely awful

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That's a pen but it happens literally every match. The amount of times goalkeepers go up and clear out players is so common.
I dislike that it should be a penalty. Red card for the gk rather than penalty would be fairer imo

Zed is not dead

I really need to know the number of pens given against us in the last 10 minutes of a game this season.

I think today was the 5th or 6th game in a row where this happens no?

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I didn’t disagree with any of the decisions. Onana clearly smashed him in the face.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
How different was that handball from Wan Bissaka's last week?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You're talking about Onana punching someone ? How is that not a pen ?
It also should have been a red card. Only saw 5 minutes of this game and the ref looked completely overwhelmed

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I thought Garnacho got caught, but I'll have to see it again. And let's be honest, they were always going to give the penalty for that Onana challenge after all the hoopla the last time around. The press have done a job on us.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The penalty against may well be stone wall but we won’t see another given for a long time. What’s he supposed to do…he’s allowed to use his hands. It’s the equivalent of a defender jumping for a header and a player beating him to the ball and clashing heads. It’s not a pen. Goalies lead with their hands quite obviously.

As for the handball….how many times are we going to be denied things given against us. It’s cost us as much as injuries and shite performances this season I’d say.

Dan_F

AWB had his arms wide to begin with and bought them in to try and avoid the handball. The one today, his hands didn’t move. I don’t think either should be pens.

SER19

Somebody with the skills please make a compilation video for this season. The amount of similar incidents you could put side by side with calls going against us is shocking. Awb last week penalty. No pen today. Both Chelsea penalties, no penalty garnacho. Romero handball, all the Emirates decisions, the elliott dive. It's just endless. The genuine rule of doubt seems to be to rule against United.

DavelinaJolie

I don't have any complaints about those decisions. Can't cry about the AWB one being given then complain that one wasn't.

Onana needs to control himself.

Rio5

Any videos of garnacho 2nd half incident? Looked like he might have been tripped but didnt see good replay

90 + 5min

Somebody with the skills please make a compilation video for this season. The amount of similar incidents you could put side by side with calls going against us is shocking. Awb last week penalty. No pen today. Both Chelsea penalties, no penalty garnacho. Romero handball, all the Emirates decisions, the elliott dive. It's just endless. The genuine rule of doubt seems to be to rule against United.
We have lost potentially 20-25 points with all those strange decisions.

We need club to make statement about how we are being treated. It is just pathetic.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Never a pen. Wasn't against Wolves and it isn't today. They made such a fuss when the one against Wolves wasn't given that you knew today's would be awarded.
A lot of people seem to think it's a definite penalty and yes he's wiped the striker out.
But the ball has been cleared and falling to our player.

It wasn't long ago players seemed to be able to get away with anything as long as the striker got their shot off. But here they weren't even getting one, or even denied one.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I don't have any complaints about those decisions. Can't cry about the AWB one being given then complain that one wasn't.

Onana needs to control himself.
Why? Two different outcomes, similar incident. Are we not allow to point out inconsistencies?

Withnail

His hands were down by his sides.

I don't think AWBs should have been a pen but his hands were out behind his back and while moving them back towards his body he also moved them towards the ball so it's not the same thing. That one was soft as feck but giving us a pen today would have been fairly outrageous.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Because keepers are always judged very differently. It has simply never been a pen.
Same with strikers getting shots off. I remember Ashley Cole absolutely 2 footing someone like Hernandez, but because he'd got the shot off it was deemed fine.