VAR and Refs | General Discussion

arthurka

Am I the only one who blame this all on that fecking poser Antony for being a absolute idiot when the game was just done and dusted.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Of course it's on the player being an idiot, but can't convince me that VAR isn't out to give a red there.
Yeah, that's the biggest problem. They also completely ignored everything what happened before that and just kept repeating those few seconds zoomed on Casemiro, absolutely ridiculous.

The fact that Antony got same punishment as Schlupp who started everything tells you everything you need to know about objectiveness there.

Man-United

Am I the only one who blame this all on that fecking poser Antony for being a absolute idiot when the game was just done and dusted.
Antony got some real temper issues, he should focus on football. He was the same at Ajax, esp the game last season against Feyenoord.

The Hilton

Hopefully you are, as it's absurd - it had kicked off long before he had managed to get up after being thrown into the hoardings

L1nk

This referee is an absolute joke - one of the worst refereeing performances i've ever seen, i'm not one for claiming a referee is biased against us but he's making it very difficult not to make these claims

Jam

Yeah from that angle, both hands. From another, his left hand is grabbing the the collar of his shirt, not his neck.
Even the other angle shows his hands on his neck through the shirt and that angle is a couple of seconds before that photo.

The video, multiple angles…. It was a stupid decision by Casemiro. Clear as day red you deluded bunch.

Imagine if the opposition did that to Antony - you’d all be crying murder and asking for criminal charges.

Amarsdd

the feckin cnut refs! Every feckin game! Feckin pissed me right off today!

Mike Smalling

VAR got two things right today, so that's something, but didn't the ref rob Rashford of a huge chance to make it 3-1 towards the end? That didn't look like a foul from Sabitzer.

Marcelinho87

Yes.

Cssemiro is a big boy, he didn't need to involve himself and he certainly didn't need to put hands around a players neck.

arnie_ni

VAR got two things right today, so that's something, but didn't the ref rob Rashford of a huge chance to make it 3-1 towards the end? That didn't look like a foul from Sabitzer.
That was an awful decision. Not a foul at all

El Jefe

Nope I thought the same thing. His stupidity escalated that whole situation. Just a useless player all round.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
7 minutes added on and finally blows the whiste at 98:40. If the game plays out the exact same way, but United need a goal, it's 4 minutes added on and blowing up at 93:55.

Just blatantly bent cnuts.

90 + 5min

Awful once again. It is a miracle We are where we are considering referees and VAR when we play. Shocking stuff. Every week.

JustinC00

He needs to answer for this one. He won't but Rashford had 1 man to beat

T_Model101

I mean, it's a clear red, but it seems a bit bizarre to zoom in looking for something in an already existing melee. Is it not the refs fault for losing control of the game?
I'm sure one of our players gets a kick at the start, but once VAR has its target, there's no stopping it.

Paul778

7 minutes added on and finally blows the whiste at 98:40. If the game plays out the exact same way, but United need a goal, it's 4 minutes added on and blowing up at 93:55.

Just blatantly bent cnuts.
Rashford time wasted outside our penalty area on 91 mins and he said he was adding time on

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Rashford time wasted outside our penalty area on 91 mins and he said he was adding time on
So do plenty of other teams that come to OT to shithouse a draw or whatever, but they still blow up on the dot when that happens.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He needs to answer for this one. He won't but Rashford had 1 man to beat

That was shocking. There is no ref in the world who gives foul for an away team in that situation in dying minutes, especially after showing red card for the home team 15 minutes earlier. Absolutely appaling and he should be defending that decision publicly after the game.

PoTMS

VAR getting involved in the clear and obvious errors again.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
If Marriner had dealt with the Schlupp incident properly in the first place then what happened subsequently wouldn't have happened. You could seem him standing a long way from the incident and looked delighted when it all kicked off. Absolutely atrocious refereeing. As usual. And continued right to the end trying to give Palace everything.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Its got to the point where, to win a penalty where the opponent has his hands in the air like he just don't care and handballs it in the box, it needs to go to the screen. VAR won't even give us that. Since the City game every 50/50 has gone against us. Casemiro is an idiot for putting his hands on Hughes' neck, when he knows how our games are being refereed right now. Seven minutes of added time, eight minutes played. Its us against 12 men every match now.

redshaw

Infuriating to watch the bias refereeing. Rashford was away and calls it back for Sabitzer winning it back cleanly. Adds on more time after 7 mins for more Palace attempts. He's clearly steering the game.

Gums

Fine example of everything that is wrong with referees and VAR in the PL. In the spirit of the game anybody with any sense can look past the pushes and shoves in the heat of the moment and let the game continue. Instead of looking at the bigger picture - United clearly dominant, scoreline a fair reflection of that, the whole situation provoked by Palace, there wasn’t anything outstandingly red-worthy - and letting the game continue, they decided to isolate a tiny part of a large incident and almost single-handedly turn around a game that only deserved one winner up until then. Very, very poor refereeing.

Sylar

I do wonder why mariner wasn't asked to look at this by Var

SER19

Its a broken system. Var itself is fantastic, PL officials have made it absolutely terrible for the game