VAR and Refs | General Discussion

Garnacho's Shoelaces

Gordon gets booked for a cynical foul, sarcastically claps the ref and no second yellow for dissent like Dalot. Good to see it's another rule we'll only see enforced once this season, again to United's detriment, like the Rodri simulation being adjudged as a penalty.

90 + 5min

Gordon gets booked for a cynical foul, sarcastically claps the ref and no second yellow for dissent like Dalot. Good to see it's another rule we'll only see enforced once this season, again to United's detriment, like the Rodri simulation being adjudged as a penalty.
Those two situations are nothing. There are many more. We all know how we are treated by referees. The only one who doesn't seems to be our club because I've not seen once any official complaint or statement released about this.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
It’s extra infuriating knowing the types of decisions that have gone against us this season won’t be given the next week…to be proved correct.

Garnacho's Shoelaces

Those two situations are nothing. There are many more. We all know how we are treated by referees. The only one who doesn't seems to be our club because I've not seen once any official complaint or statement released about this.
It's difficult. On one hand I don't want a Klopp or Arteta cry baby manager trying to corruptly influence referees or writing statements. On the other hand, we don't even acknowledge the obvious narrative which is referees happy to enforce rules against us and give opposition teams favourable decisions as they'll get an easy ride in the press.

Garnacho's Shoelaces

It’s extra infuriating knowing the types of decisions that have gone against us this season won’t be given the next week…to be proved correct.
Next week? Nunez made a cynical foul, kicked the ball away and sarcastically clapped all in succession in the same game as Dalot and walked away with 1 yellow for what is 3 clear and unequivocal yellow card offences, using Dalot decision as a yardstick.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Next week? Nunez made a cynical foul, kicked the ball away and sarcastically clapped all in succession in the same game as Dalot and walked away with 1 yellow for what is 3 clear and unequivocal yellow card offences, using Dalot decision as a yardstick.
Yes but you can’t blame the ref for that…it happened before Dalot ;)

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's difficult. On one hand I don't want a Klopp or Arteta cry baby manager trying to corruptly influence referees or writing statements. On the other hand, we don't even acknowledge the obvious narrative which is referees happy to enforce rules against us and give opposition teams favourable decisions as they'll get an easy ride in the press.
Unless it involves food rating.

90 + 5min

Elliot in offside position but goal counts. I wonder how Johny Evans feels when he is pretty much one of few who got his goal disallowed for similiar thing.

RedRocket9908

Surely if that Salah shot had of gone in instead of hitting the bar it would have been ruled out anyway as it came off his arm before he shot.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Another one that looks offside. Let's see how it goes.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
There was a handball check in the United/Villa match, not sure who against, but during the exact same segment of play Garnacho is literally ran over from behind by a trailing Villa defender. How is that not a foul in the box?

RK

So this definitely isn't affecting Onana's view, even if it's the first few split-seconds of ball-flight which has a big influence on decision-making?

padr81

Supports
Man City
So this definitely isn't affecting Onana's view, even if it's the first few split-seconds of ball-flight which has a big influence on decision-making?

You've been robbed :lol::lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That should be a red every fecking day of the week.

jadaba

Honestly I thought that was somewhat measured by Martinez, correct decision there in my opinion.

Parma Dewol

That should be a red every fecking day of the week.
Every week unless you’re a keeper. Outfield players can’t launch themselves like that, never understood why goalies are allowed to get away with it. Obvious case of dangering an opponent.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Had Rashford not pulled his run it would been a disastrous collision and possible red.

It was somewhat reckless but there was no stud up, the keeper did a proper slide kick imo, and got the ball first while his trailing leg tripped Rashford. It looked worse in real-time.