VAR and Refs | General Discussion | May 15: Premier League clubs to vote on proposal to scrap VAR from next season

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
How that wasn’t looked at is unbelievable, it’s hand to ball regardless of where he is looking. The fact he’s took his eye off the ball is his fault and his responsibility. Doesn’t allow him to prevent Rashford getting the ball with his hand.

OldSchoolManc

Okay I just saw the Liverpool red card.
No different to Casemiro one last season.
Difference is there’s an ex Liverpool player on commentary saying it isn’t red

Dan_F

This really does look quite bad
I thought I must have missed something obvious with that one as it looked well onside.

Would love to see the difference in reactions of pundits between the red today and Casemiro’s.

cyberman

This really does look quite bad
And we’re meant to believe the Garnacho offside? They’ve done the exact same thing again, they’ve used a worse angle to draw lines and absolutely fecked it. We’ll see lines from the shit angle and we’ll be told it’s just offside instead of lines on the clear angle

cyberman

To be fair going over the top of the ball has always been a red.

Toddler

How that wasn’t looked at is unbelievable, it’s hand to ball regardless of where he is looking. The fact he’s took his eye off the ball is his fault and his responsibility. Doesn’t allow him to prevent Rashford getting the ball with his hand.
Exactly. I have lost my faith in VAR a long time ago. Its not working.

SER19

And we’re meant to believe the Garnacho offside? They’ve done the exact same thing again, they’ve used a worse angle to draw lines and absolutely fecked it. We’ll see lines from the shit angle and we’ll be told it’s just offside instead of lines on the clear angle
People taking this sport seriously anymore need to take a couple of weeks of. It's like Fawlty Towers. Officiating has ruined the game. It just isnt a credible sport when a non player is the most important person on the pitch most weeks

90 + 5min

Oh grow up, Garnacho was offside.
He wasn't. Just because someone tells you he is doesn't mean it is correct. Just watch the situation.

Garnacho wasn't offside. This one is even more crazy decision. I have no idea what is going on in football anymore. Since 4-5 years it has just been one way road to absolute crazyness.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse

Liverpool well and truly shafted here.
always looks onside when you draw the lines like that. you only have to shift the angle slightly to see how offside he is.

Gordon S

The one that pissed me off the most today was the challenge on Rashford in our own box.The Palace player lunges in with straight leg, studs up against Rashfords leg and that is nothing, not even freekick. Refs in the VAR room couldn`t care less.

Ayews elbow to the face of Amrabat was no problem for the refs as well. We have seen reds given for that in the past but nah.

Wards studs straight on Rashfords knee, the handball in the box, no issues. Reffing can`t be this hard.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
always looks onside when you draw the lines like that. you only have to shift the angle slightly to see how offside he is.

Damn, I got fooled by the optical illusion. Goes to show what a thankless task VAR duty is.

Zen

So they've shafted Liverpool and Garnacho's hero moment.... because of a clearly broken system. It's gotta go.

Hammondo

It was a red, been watching the game, depressing to watch other teams at the moment.

ManUnitedCanuck

They showed lines? I never saw anything on feed I was watching and everyone is saying that is on.

Castia

They need to show/explain these decisions because it ‘s starting to feel like borderline corruption. I mean not only are decisions so inconsistent but they’re starting to actually get easy calls wrong.

That Diaz offside is a complete farce

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
They must have put the lines on the other defender by mistake....

That Utd clip, no way it's deliberate handball and no unnatural position or moving hand to ball. They've really screwed up what's meant to be called as handball in the last few years.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
No not really, but he’ll put the refs under pressure…particularly if they chocked a goal off that was onside. That’s a big moment in a match that completely changes things.
Yeah for sure. He's gonna go ballistic, more so if Spurs go on and win.

AndySmith1990

May as well scrap VAR, it's not improved the standard of refereeing decisions at all. It's a farce and the refs are incompetent fools

Fergies Gum

Have PMGOL issued any explanation for that corrupt decision on the goal being offside.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
May as well scrap VAR, it's not improved the standard of refereeing decisions at all. It's a farce and the refs are incompetent fools
the people and implementation that are wrong, not the technology.