VAR and Refs | General Discussion | May 15: Premier League clubs to vote on proposal to scrap VAR from next season

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’ve watched enough games as a football fan to know inherent bias when I see it. It happens to all fans of all teams. My point is not that every decision in this match was correct, they almost never all are.But that was not what was said in the post I was replying to.
“No” would have sufficed.

IRELANDUNITED

We got 1 questionable decision in the first game of the season and we’re paying for it since. Ten Hag needs to go absolutely ape shite at the officials after the match, it’s getting absolutely ridiculous how many decisions are going against us and nothing is being done about it.

JohnnyLaw

Just what the f is going on now?

the Amrabat one looked stonewall too. Surely a pen but because we didn’t get one they just wing it and say it’s even steven. Feck offf….

Bobski

That handball by Ward should never ever, in any circumstance be a penalty.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
There's no universe where that exact same game plays out at the Emirates or Anfield and they don't get double figures of added time.

Four fecking minutes. :lol:

I thought 10 or so minutes of overtime was the new norm. But apparently that's only when Liverpool is chasing a result.

ElectroManiac

I know referring is been pretty bad, but I blame the media in all of this. They are the one that magnified everything against us and put any decision we get on a spotlight making the ref scare to give us anything. Then you get the PGMOL saying sorry and demoting ref after.

Ref are scare shitless to give us something so they let anything play agains us. Crystal Palace was lunding into our players all day long we no foul giving. That handbal not even got a VAR check because ref is scared of the media reaction.

Flying high

That's the most 1 sided ref performance I've ever seen.

What happened to stopping time wasting? What happened to making up for it in injury time?

Why aren't other teams punished for straight leg studs up challenges? I just can't believe that. I'm fuming and I hope the manager gives him both barrels.

90 + 5min

I’ve watched enough games as a football fan to know inherent bias when I see it. It happens to all fans of all teams. My point is not that every decision in this match was correct, they almost never all are.But that was not what was said in the post I was replying to.
You need to watch few more. The amount of important, match deciding decisions going against us is not normal. 3 of our 4 lost games this season are because of them. Tottenham, Arsenal and today. Why This is happening? I don’t know. But This is not normal.

JohnnyLaw

That’s a joke of a red card..
If that’s anred then Palace definitely should have had one for the Rashford challenge aswell.
The game is gone..

90 + 5min

So, Curtis Jones gets red card for that tackle but they somehow didn't see 1 1/2 of those today against Rashford.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
You can clearly see him roll over the ball and lose his balance, this is so dumb... Good job Simon you and your mates ruined the game.

dugilrath

Supports
Forest
Never a red. I don't know how they keep getting it so wrong. The ref on the pitch has to have the balls to stick with his decision, but VAR has kind of manipulated the situation. Don't even want Liverpool to win, but it's just nonsensical at this point.

Dan_F

Exactly the same as the Casemiro one last season. He bounced off the top of the ball.

jadaba

Incredibly cruel red card that. His foot changes direction *after* sliding over the ball. VAR shows the ref a single angle starting from the most shocking but misleading end frame, and then dictates why it's a red.

You can tell they didn't have a single contesting voice or thought in the VAR room, just everyone proactively looking to make a big call.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Incredibly cruel red card that. His foot changes direction *after* sliding over the ball. VAR shows the ref a single angle starting from the most shocking but misleading end frame, and then dictates why it's a red.

You can tell they didn't have a single contesting voice or thought in the VAR room, just everyone proactively looking to make a big call.
Yes you could see the freeze frame first. Thats what he walks up to.

90 + 5min

How is that offside? Liverpool are getting same decision like we did against Arsenal.

FerociousCorgis

For that first handball stopping rashford from getting it, only reason it wouldn't be "deliberate" was because the player chose to turn his head to look at Rashford. He clearly saw the ball coming and instead of keeping his eyes on ball he decided to turn his head. By that logic just stick your hands out and last moment just look away and not deliberate then right?

OldSchoolManc

Is VAR trying to eat itself?
I can’t think of any other reason for the terrible decisions in 50% of games

Aint gota Kalou

That handball by Ward should never ever, in any circumstance be a penalty.
What makes you say that? It's a stonewall penalty.

You cannot even use the excuse that he doesn't know the ball is there, he looks at the ball coming towards him, turns away and then it hits his hand.

chris123

I 100% believe they've withheld the lines because he's fractionally offside and they want Dermot to be able to come out on Monday and be like, "oh that's the decision you're upset about? Perfectly good use of VAR".

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This (Diaz offside) was probably the most unbelievable VAR decision yet and it’s not like competition is weak. It wasn’t even remotely close to being offside.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
They will appeal it and get an apology and card rescinded.
Just like we did with Casemiro after the FA gave us the hesds up that additional games for a frivolous appeal was unlikely.

90 + 5min

I 100% believe they've withheld the lines because he's fractionally offside and they want Dermot to be able to come out on Monday and be like, "oh that's the decision you're upset about? Perfectly good use of VAR".
This is almost identical as our game against Arsenal. Clear goal being denied (Garnacho) just for the home team to score at other end. Ours was also clear freekick.