VAR and Refs | General Discussion | Forest go into meltdown

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Why do we bother. We're never getting a pen.

This Taylor moron should be sweeping floors.

Sviken

This league is an absolute joke. Up there with Serie A's corruption. You can't tell me that these refs can be this stupid and incompetent. I just refuse to believe it. We all thought VAR would fix this, it actually made it a hell of a lot worse. I just don't understand it anymore.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This is beyond joke how many decisions goes against us and it's barely highlighted in the media.

pathetic ref performance.

marktan

VAR is shit and always has been. Too many replayed decisions that are subjective to referee interpretation in slow mo.

Between the offside thin lines, the red cards, the hand balls, it's a big part of why my interest in football has died off over the last year or so.

Golden Nugget

Im lost for words for both Taylor and Marriner.

Marriner spends minutes looking at the red cards finding the worst possible angle to show the ref, despite most of the other angles not looking like a clear an obvious error.

1 clear penalty, one blatant handball and it was barely looked at.

Jev

In isolation it's hard to say any of the calls today are wrong (though you can argue the fact that the Casemiro red is debatable means it isn't a clear and obvious error and thus shouldn't be overturned). But it's still very random. On another day you feel that we could easily have gotten a penalty for hands and a yellow for Casemiro. That inconsistency is why VAR hasn't improved anything at all. Do we feel like we're getting better decisions? Or just different decisions?

Let's not discuss the Bruno one, though, that is clearly not a penalty.

Mmm-Qatarian

I'm starting to change my tune on VAR to be honest. Because of the waste of oxygen cnuts running it you just never know which way a decision will go.

That was never a fecking red on Case, and I am frankly stunned that some fans in here are saying we "can have no complaints".

Rojow

How the F is that a red. Yes, he went hard for the ball, but it kicked it first. He can't know his foot will take a rebound and crash the rival's leg.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
In isolation it's hard to see any of the calls today are wrong (though you can argue the fact that the Casemiro red is debatable means it isn't a clear and obvious error and thus shouldn't be overturned). But it's still very random. On another day you feel that we could easily have gotten a penalty for hands and a yellow for Casemiro. That inconsistency is why VAR hasn't improved anything at all. Do we feel like we're getting better decisions? Or just different decisions?
In isolation, each and every decision was on the wrong side for me. But anyway. We're getting fecked by garbage refs today who seemingly want to see us lose today

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Anthony Taylor has been fecking shite for us this season too. He’s an awful ref.

brian017

The Red Card and Handball rules have become farcical and nonsensical they change week to week game to game

Chief123

Unpopular opinion. I thought both decisions were correct under current rules.

Red card because even if you get the ball you can’t endanger the opponent with the follow through. That was a potential leg breaker even though unintended.

The handball one is no pen simply because of the bollocks rule about it can’t be handball if they are falling down and using their arms to support the fall. I don’t like the rule but based on that it’s never going to be given.

space

I'm done, no more VAR for me. These cnuts don't know how to use it fairly so it's pointless

Anustart89

Clear and obvious threshold seems to be that if it could be a red for United then it is but if it could be a penalty for United then it isn’t.

Flying high

In isolation it's hard to see any of the calls today are wrong (though you can argue the fact that the Casemiro red is debatable means it isn't a clear and obvious error and thus shouldn't be overturned). But it's still very random. On another day you feel that we could easily have gotten a penalty for hands and a yellow for Casemiro. That inconsistency is why VAR hasn't improved anything at all. Do we feel like we're getting better decisions? Or just different decisions?

Let's not discuss the Bruno one, though, that is clearly not a penalty.
Of course it's a penalty. He slides straight across Bruno and doesn't get the ball. :houllier:

JohnnyLaw

Think the right call was made on Casemiro and KWPs. The last one though surely has to be handball?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
The standard of refereeing is genuinely abysmal.

But the thing that sticks in the craw the most is that VAR / refs seem to be making an example out of us when they aren’t for other teams.

And if that’s a handball for Liverpool yesterday then it’s a handball for Man Utd all day long.

cyberman

Unpopular opinion. I thought both decisions were correct under current rules.

Red card because even if you get the ball you can’t endanger the opponent with the follow through. That was a potential leg breaker even though unintended.

The handball one is no pen simply because of the bollocks rule about it can’t be handball if they are falling down and using their arms to support the fall. I don’t like the rule but based on that it’s never going to be given.
He wasn’t falling down. He fell down and stayed there

Red_toad

Ref making an example of United players once more. Zero intention with Casemiro's tackle, blatantly clear his foot rode over the ball, Southampton player doing that same and the yellow would have stood.
Then the penalty incident, took the player then the ball and nothing :nono:

Anustart89

When there's a similar incident next week in another match it won't get given
You’ll see it in the second half how another player will tackle someone studs up and it won’t be anything. Andre Marriner seems to have a hard-on for Casemiro.

astracrazy

VAR has too much power to manipulate a game with when it gets involved and what and how it shows the ref footage.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it comes out eventually we have some sort game fixing going on (not just when UTD is involved, it happens weekly).

So much easier to control a game with VAR than direct with the ref.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Can someone explain to me what Taylor saw first time to decide it was a yellow, compared to what he saw on the monitor to decide it was a red?

Josep Dowling

Don’t have complaints with any of the decisions. Bruno left his foot in to try to win a foul. Red card is a red. It wasn’t handball.