VAR and Refs | General Discussion | Forest go into meltdown

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
I reckon it’s a lot harder to deliberately kick the ball into someone’s arm than you think.
Why would it be difficult for a professional footballer to lob the ball into someone‘s arm? There’s just no upside to it at the moment, but if you introduce a similar (daft) interpretation as you have with the handball rule for the attacking team, you’d easily have players looking to take advantage by aiming for the hand/arm.

Not sure why some seem to have a problem with the latest interpretation of penalties for handball. It overall makes sense, it’s just a shame that they’ve introduced completely different set of rules for the defending team vs the attacking team

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I also like the rule, just don’t understand why it seems to stop the one makes the free kick from being booked.
It did seem odd that a defender can clatter Jackson from behind and seemingly escape just because Jackson is holding an imaginary card.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Big fan of the new rule around being booked if you demand a booking. No tolerance.
That rule doesn't make any sense. What's wrong in asking for a player to be booked? How is it any different from appealing for a penalty, corner, throw-in or anything on the field.

If they want to protect the game then first thing they have to do is clamp down tactical fouling, refs are too late to react to that.

arnie_ni

Pen last season but that's the 3rd one like that this weekend not given so they must have changed it slightly

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
So the extra added time doesn't apply for our games. 2 minutes after several Wolves players spent minutes on their arses and one of them was even booked for time wasting :rolleyes:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
So the extra added time doesn't apply for our games. 2 minutes after several Wolves players spent minutes on their arses and one of them was even booked for time wasting :rolleyes:
Innit why no insane time for us?

Anustart89

Pen last season but that's the 3rd one like that this weekend not given so they must have changed it slightly
The handball? The arm's tucked in right by his body. It's not a pen and it wasn't a pen last season.

arnie_ni

You'll not get many easier pen reviews than that..madness it wasn't given.

Similar to martinez from villa against us last season (antony I think) that wasn't given

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’d be fuming if we didn’t get a pen for that. My guess is they don’t want to set a precedent for keepers making accidental contact when trying to collect the ball

cyberman

You'll not get many easier pen reviews than that..madness it wasn't given.

Similar to martinez from villa against us last season (antony I think) that wasn't given
I think they go by if the ref saw it clearly and didn’t give it then they can’t really overrule it.
It’s why they said the disallowed Arsenal goal at OT last season was a mistake

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
For those that say it was a pen, which I agree with, the decision not to award it was consistent. When Antony out the ball over Sá he was tackled afterwards and then Wolves cleared the ball.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
For those that say it was a pen, which I agree with, the decision not to award it was consistent. When Antony out the ball over Sá he was tackled afterwards and then Wolves cleared the ball.
Id like to see that again

Idxomer

Keepers getting protection they shouldn't get has always been the case.

It's not a pen till they start punishing keepers consistently when they come out with their hands.

arnie_ni

That has only ever been given once is history and that was ederson against arsenal last season. Itl never be given again

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Two decisions this game week where Keepers have been protected now…Leno and Onana.