VAR and Refs | General Discussion | Forest go into meltdown

HackeyC

Howard will say there was contact so not a clear and obvious error to overturn. Everyone else on the planet with eyes knows it's a joke. Eddie should be going crazy.

Spark

Look forward to Howard Webb's apology to Liverpool for VAR even considering overturning that Jota penalty.

El Zoido

Liverpool have gotten absolutely everything in their favour since that spurs decision
Yeah and they had everything for years before it too. Literally one thing goes against them in years and they whined nonstop. But clearly it works and influences the officials, so it’s hard to say their moaning isn’t justified.

90 + 5min

Liverpool have gotten absolutely everything in their favour since that spurs decision
This have happen even before. It is no wonder people have been calling them Livarpool since VAR have been introduced. Amount of decision going their way is amazing.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
They’ve got to bin this clear and obvious crap.

For goals, pens, reds, it needs to be is there‘s enough doubt… different angles, players blocking view, distance from event, etc.

”Anthony, we think it’s worth you having a look at a couple of angles you didn’t have live”. Takes a minute, he can still say penalty if he wants to.

VAR makes it worse… awful ref decisions and then awful VAR decisions doubling down. Ruining football

VivaRonaldo85

Why can they use it to review and change decisions when a pen is not given by the on pitch ref but as soon as it’s given, it’s basically impossible to overturn even if it’s a ridiculous decision like that dive?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This is basically why you need a manager with a personality to speak out against the decisions. Fergie did it and Klopp is the same. Majority of decisions in football are 50-50 & subjective made by refs who obviously get impacted by all the talk. ETH just accepting the decisions is pathetic. How have we not had a sending off or a fine so far this season for our manager ?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If no journalist asks Klopp if he will be demanding a replay, they’re all spineless sack of client journalism shits.

Conor

He literally plants the foot there was contact on again after the contact to take a step and then is sniped from the stands.

Northstand

Sorry but that’s nonsense. Off the top of my head they were denied a clear penalty against Arsenal for a handball by Odegaard, and then had a goal disallowed against Burnley when the player deemed to be interfering with play was blatantly pushed into this position by a defender.

bstb3

If no journalist asks Klopp if he will be demanding a replay, they’re all spineless sack of client journalism shits.
He'd be going absolutely berserk if it was given the other way, too. There is a chance at least Howe loses his head over it so there is that.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’d love one journo to just ask the goggle eyed feck if he knows how much of a prick he is. Like, do you actually know? Because I feel like he should.

Anustart89

Sorry but that’s nonsense. Off the top of my head they were denied a clear penalty against Arsenal for a handball by Odegaard, and then had a goal disallowed against Burnley when the player deemed to be interfering with play was blatantly pushed into this position by a defender.
Where do the rules state that it matters how you end up being in an offside position? Do the laws also make exceptions for players if they play someone onside because they're drinking from the goalkeeper's water bottle while play is ongoing and stuff like that?

They gained another two points against Fulham from the referees with their winner being preceded by a clear foul by Tsimikas as the ball was headed out to TAA.

RedRocket9908

Newcastle can rightly feel hard done to tonight, 2 penalties given against them that probably wouldnt be given if they happened in other games and 1 they could have had not even looked at by VAR.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yes there is contact but there can be contact. It doesn’t automatically make it a foul or penalty.

Howard Webb has been very clear about that in Mic’d Up, when criticising the the one given against Wolves (infact two, the one V Newcastle and the one V Sheff United from memory)

Will be interesting to see what’s said about this. A clear dive and the contact wasn’t enough to bring about a foul. Why they didn’t send him to the monitor is unbelievable really and shows this professional body aren’t learning anything as the season goes on.

Anustart89

Yes there is contact but there can be contact. It doesn’t automatically make it a foul or penalty.

Howard Webb has been very clear about that in Mic’d Up, when criticising the the one given against Wolves (infact two, the one V Newcastle and the one V Sheff United from memory)

Will be interesting to see what’s said about this. A clear dive and the contact wasn’t enough to bring about a foul. Why they didn’t send him to the monitor is unbelievable really and shows this professional body aren’t learning anything as the season goes on.
Haha you really think they'll pick this one for their mic'd up show?

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
His elbow caught Jota. It’s a penalty with a delayed dive with contact which will never get overturned by VAR. Jota should have stayed up and scored but he’s not here to appease supporters.Either way it’s a goal.

Longshanks

It looked a dive live, it was definetley a dive on video, yet somehow two professional referees decided it wasn't.

The contact is absolutely minimal and doesn't impede Jota at all, he overruns it a little is running out of angle to turn the ball in a throws himself down.

Decisions like that, allow cheats to prosper. Personally I would make blatant simulation a red card offence.

LochGormanAbú

Supports
Liverpool
There was 3 like that yesterday and only 1 was given. Gallagher was asked about them on ref watch and he wouldn't give a straight answer about any of them yes or no.

Diaz should have been booked for diving.
Honestly, I presume people commenting like this have never done any physical activity in their lives, I'm mainly running now and I can tell you, when you clip something at speed, you can continue for 3/4/5 strides while off balance and eventually go down. I don't know if Diaz could have stayed up or not, but the fact is, he was fouled, if that was a Utd player, you'd be calling 100% penalty, take the blinkers off.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
His elbow caught Jota. It’s a penalty with a delayed dive with contact which will never get overturned by VAR. Jota should have stayed up and scored but he’s not here to appease supporters.Either way it’s a goal.
You should be ashamed mate. If any of our players did that I’d be horrified and call them out for it. Absolutely pathetic behaviour.

TheReligion

Abusive
There wasn’t enough contact. It’s pretty clear.