VAR and Refs | General Discussion | Forest go into meltdown

El Zoido

That's showing it's direct shoulder on shoulder contact. Clean challenge. You don't really need to see anything else..
Of course you do, this is a shoulder barge, and shoulder barges are fouls. Every shoulder barge looks like shoulder to shoulder if you pause it at the right time. This is a foul anywhere else on the pitch, there’s no attempt to play the ball whatsoever.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Of course you do, this is a shoulder barge, and shoulder barges are fouls. Every shoulder barge looks like shoulder to shoulder if you pause it at the right time. This is a foul anywhere else on the pitch, there’s no attempt to play the ball whatsoever.
It wasn't a shoulder barge at all. It was a simple coming together. It's a contact sport mate, not every bit of contact is a foul.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Didn't it become clear and obvious it wasn't offside about 2 minutes ago? Looking for a reason to not give it I felt.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Soon as they cleared Varane they should have given it. There’s absolutely zero need to spend another 3 mins looking at the same angle

Dan_F

They clearly didn’t have a good enough angle on it to draw the lines. A pointless wait as they could never have given it offside based on that.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I thought Varane could easily have been deemed intefering. Especially after the VVD one.
I thought that too but they said Varane was cleared about 3-4 mins before Casemiro was cleared for offside. They just kept replaying the same bit of footage over and over.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Not a red :lol: Casemiro grabbed Will Hughes collar and couldn't wait to give a straight red.

So why isn't hands around the neck a red card? Or does that rule only apply to Casemiro?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Love to know why grabbing someone’s neck is no longer deemed a red card.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
What’s the difference between what Felipe did and what Casemiro did? Sure the badge on the shirt but other than that?

90 + 5min

What a joke. There you go. Different rules for different teams.

I wonder what they would do if that was Casemiro? Oh, We know. For even less than that.

Josep Dowling

I cannot believe a punishment wasn’t given for that, now it won’t be discussed because United have won. VAR is a complete failure purely because of the idiot refs managing it.

Zed is not dead

ETH should really take this opportunity to speak up about referees tonight.

No red card for Felipe, not even a VAR check for the « shoulder barge » on Rashford

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not one for this we're hard done by stuff, but how on earth is strangling someone not even a yellow now.

If we had Fergie managing he'd bring that right up.