VAR and Refs | General Discussion | Forest go into meltdown

arnie_ni

Just because they were worse cases it doesn’t mean that This is nothing. Clear as day. Our club should demand investigations about why we are treated like we are.

So next time someone takes ball first with studs up and hits player it is good tackel. I would agree if that was always the case. It is not.
I think once the dust settles in the middle of the week you might change your mind. Neither were fouls.

Red-17

That’s one of those penalty shouts that will never pass the clear and obvious test. He got the ball, the reckless / excessive force follow through needs a higher threshold for VAR to turn it over. Nobody got injured as far as they are concerned
Yeah which is why the ref needs to have the balls to make the correct decision on the pitch. He failed two times and both resulted in us conceding within a minute

90 + 5min

I think once the dust settles in the middle of the week you might change your mind. Neither were fouls.
Lets agree to disagree. For me those were freekick and penalty but I guess We are used to not getting anything.

Acquire Me

City will never get anything on the 115 charges. They got everyone in their pocket.

We did our best against them and the refs.

arnie_ni

Lets agree to disagree. For me those were freekick and penalty but I guess We are used to not getting anything.
I always try to look at it from the other perspective. If that was a pen and fk for city against us I'd be spitting flames.

Bangor_Red

Standard city tactic of niggly fouls that the either get away with or concede a free but no card. One on dalot at end completely cynical. Breaking towards box. Pull back so he can't shoot or pass accurately. Anyone else gets a yellow for that

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It wasn't a penalty. Rashford... it probably should've been a free kick but it was such a pathetic dive on his part.
Walker ran across his running path and took his legs out. I thought it was about as blatant as it gets.

I was completely baffled by that. Especially as the ref was giving a foul the other way any time a City player got touched and continued to do so afterwards. He gave one freekick 3 minutes after where literally nothing happened except City lost possession on the touchline and Ake claimed it was their throw, which seemed to confuse the ref into giving them a freekick just because they claimed for something.

Honestly I rarely watch any PL games outside of our own anymore because of this shite. Its gotten to the point it takes over nearly every match.

Kingofwinners

Ten Hag booked for pointing after Rashford was fouled. Look at what Klopp gets away with every week, it’s beyond ridiculous.

Bangor_Red

I always try to look at it from the other perspective. If that was a pen and fk for city against us I'd be spitting flames.
It's not just shoulder to shoulder on rashfords. Feet get tangled. I think it's a fairly straight forward free kick just my opinion. Massive kick in stones that it results in a break to other end of pitch for a goal

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Yeah which is why the ref needs to have the balls to make the correct decision on the pitch. He failed two times and both resulted in us conceding within a minute
What would you expect Onana to do in the same situation? Or any keeper? I can’t see how a situation would work whereby any player who sprints to tackle is then immediately behaving recklessly if they make contact with an opposition player.
Or more specifically, how do players contend for a loose ball if they are both the same distance away?

Loftus Road Lad

Supports
QPR
The challenge on Garnacho was a good one. Never a foul. Rashford is to blame for the goal, he was scared of Walker and tried to buy a foul. Walker barely touched him and it was neer a foul

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I thought it was a foul on Rashford. Walker clipped his legs. We didn't deserve to win the game, but it's annoying when things like that go against you.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The Ederson pen shout - no penalty for me - but did the ref award City possession after Ederson booted the ball out?

I vaguely recall reading that in the matchday thread but perhaps I'm mistaken.

arnie_ni

It's not just shoulder to shoulder on rashfords. Feet get tangled. I think it's a fairly straight forward free kick just my opinion. Massive kick in stones that it results in a break to other end of pitch for a goal
I only seen the "grab" so maybe there was foot contact.

arnie_ni

The challenge on Garnacho was a good one. Never a foul. Rashford is to blame for the goal, he was scared of Walker and tried to buy a foul. Walker barely touched him and it was neer a foul
Exactly what I thought. Any player but walker who he can't out run and he keeps going there imo

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I didn't think either were fouls. I didn't notice Walker clipping Rashford though, only the hand on the arm.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
If there was a legit clip of feet I could see how it did impede Rashford's run and that VAR missed would be an absolute gaff. And if that is the case it's amazing how these highly paid analysts can't see this action committed and only focus on the arm pull.

CoopersDream

I don't think it should be a penalty because of how well he gets to the ball and how well the ball is cleared from danger, but I think he still could have been punished for recklessness.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Got the ball doesn't mean that you can clean out the player. That's a foul and potential yellow.

LDUred

It's a clip on Rashford's back leg.

It's staggering that VAR didn't even look at it. It's not about the arm on the shoulder but the contact with Rashford's leg.

He just bottled the decision.

Last edited:

Red-17

What would you expect Onana to do in the same situation? Or any keeper? I can’t see how a situation would work whereby any player who sprints to tackle is then immediately behaving recklessly if they make contact with an opposition player.
Or more specifically, how do players contend for a loose ball if they are both the same distance away?
Don’t make a slide tackle if you can’t do it safely. Garnacho is forced to avoid playing the ball to protect himself. Head on side tackles should rarely if ever be allowed. Stay on your feet or in a goalie scenario slide out with your hands.

dogwithabone

If that challenge by Ederson on Garnacho is anywhere else on the pitch it’s a foul and at least a yellow. Yes, he played the ball but was he in control ? No chance.

BeltUp

Supports
United
Standard city tactic of niggly fouls that the either get away with or concede a free but no card. One on dalot at end completely cynical. Breaking towards box. Pull back so he can't shoot or pass accurately. Anyone else gets a yellow for that
The one on Mainoo in the first half too when we were ready to break.