Variable Formation - QF: himmanv vs BIG DUNK

With players at their peak, who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
himmanv

BIG DUNK

himannv

Formation: 4-4-2 (Diamond)

Tactics:

Attacking phase:

• 3-2-5
  • Banks is actually quite good on the ball and a good distributor with his feet.
  • Dunga drops deeper to effectively form a back 3 and a strong defensive base. All 3 are decent to good on the ball.
  • Fullbacks Zanetti and Cabrini push up the pitch.
  • Schweinstiger and Modric pull the strings in midfield and create chances.
  • Schuster either drops deeper to help create from midfield or takes the ball further forward and attacks the box.
  • Baggio sometimes operates as an inside forward, sometimes as a second striker alongside Seeler.
  • Seeler works on creating space for the others to attack but also gets on the end of chances with his continuous movement.

Defensive phase:

• Generally a zonal defence but with good defensive workrate.
  • Banks a top tier shot stopper.
  • Kohler and Ferrara are excellent at stopping the dangers from counters and are very good man markers.
  • Dunga shields the back 4 and is ably supported by Schweinstiger and Modric who help defend from the flanks.
  • Schuster drops deeper at times to help the midfield and at times helps the front two to close down opposition players.
  • Baggio and Seeler work hard and don't give the opposition defence much time on the ball to force the error.
BIG DUNK

DEFENDING (a solid tenacious platform to break up play and deny space, able to win the ball higher up the pitch) & GAME MANAGEMENT (possessing a plethora of game-winning intangibles - heroic leadership, tactical intelligence, positional versatility, excellent readers of the game, strong mentality and big-game clutch performers):

Excellent pressing from the front from my four attackers. Stoichkov, Van Basten, Conti and De Bruyne all possessing a high workrate on and off the ball. We are able to win the ball higher up the pitch in dangerous positions. Kante’s interceptions, match engine and coverage of the whole pitch is very advantageous. De Bruyne too is a complete footballer, also known not to shy away from his defensive duties. Roy Keane completes my double pivot, the perfect midfield enforcer: breaking up play, shielding my back four and winning the key battles in the middle of the pitch alongside Kante. Perfect protection. Demyanenko and Kaltz are solid fullbacks, who will stay compact when defending, can cover centrally and ask for additional support from our wingers or midfielders. Blanc and Costacurta are both complete centrebacks (Blanc given more of a covering/ball-playing role, while Costacurta more of a stopper/man-marking role). Van Der Sar is the sweeper keeper.

PLAYMAKING (a team brimming with vision and creative outlets, deadly wing-play with expert crossing from the flanks) & GOALSCORING (lethal clutch attackers, intelligent movement, pace and space penetration):

Stoichkov and Conti are attackers known to offer great teamwork (crossing, cut backs, through balls, off-ball running, dribbling and clever movement). Both Stoichkov and Conti are very effective on either wing or drifting centrally. Both lethal on counter attacks. The pace of our attackers mean we can get in behind too. Van Basten is also a great link-up striker. He is one of the greatest finishers and will love the supply he receives from De Bruyne, Kaltz, Conti etc. De Bruyne is the key creative hub. No player can match his passing, crossing, through-balls and vision. He will control the tempo in possession phases, and be lethal on the counter attack with his direct forward passes to my attack (into space/into feet). We can change from high tempo to controlled ball recycling. Kaltz and Demyanenko offer more distribution and crossing from the wings. I can envision great overlapping/underlapping runs from the fullbacks with the two wingforwards too. We are compact when defending but wide when attacking. We can shift the ball from one flank to the other in fast transitions. Both Kante and Keane are masters at winning back the ball, driving forward, and passing the ball to the attackers with accuracy. Blanc is our playmaker from deep able to initiate counter attacks, Keane can fill in the space at the back if Blanc ventures forward.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Any Conti vs Cabrini stats that I'm too lazy to google? Ideally actual thoughts on their performances, obviously, as Conti is unlikely to score a lot. Same goes for Baggio vs Ferrara and van Basten vs Kohler, not that those would necessarily decide this game's outcome but simply because it'll be something to discuss.

I'm really struggling to separate both teams.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Heh, this is a draw. Flawless teams. Pointless to debate. Close the thread.

Himannv

Any Conti vs Cabrini stats that I'm too lazy to google? Ideally actual thoughts on their performances, obviously, as Conti is unlikely to score a lot. Same goes for Baggio vs Ferrara and van Basten vs Kohler, not that those would necessarily decide this game's outcome but simply because it'll be something to discuss.

I'm really struggling to separate both teams.
They've been going at it hard in training, I can tell you that!

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Heh, literally no debate :lol:

Got to say though, @BIG DUNK and @Himannv are dishing out quality teams for fun these past few drafts consistently, kudos to both.

Himannv

Top team from @BIG DUNK - I don't see any real concerns and I think this will come down to preferences.

Defence:
I feel my defense is of slightly better quality overall as I prefer my fullbacks to his. I think Kohler is the best CB on the pitch.

Attack:
I like my front 2 pairing quite a bit and I think Seeler and Baggio will work out brilliantly. MVB is a nice focal point for his attacks though so it's a good setup from him as well.

Midfield:
In midfield I think we're better in possession and have a bit more creativity in our locker to make a difference in the outcome of the game. The diamond setup kind of gives us that edge in the middle so there's some luck involved there. I really like the Kante + Keane pairing off the ball though - that wouldn't be easy for any one..