VfL Wolfsburg Vs. Manchester United

Crerand Legend

So let me get this straight. A full-strength side puts on a dismal performance at Anfield against a side missing their captain yet this make-shift side featuring three midfielders in defense manage to win in Germany against a full-strength side featuring two in-form strikers?

Football for ya.
And you gotta love it

Arcticmatt

Cocking my sides laughing - Mickey "feckin'" Owen & Gabriel Overgrown! For a patchwork team team that's a result and a half.

Number7

Ret's Slave
lol Glad I never put money on it.

Wolfburg were extremely disapointing given what was at stake

Scholesy

Very enjoyable.

Although I still find weak areas:

Obertan in the last minute, very sloppy. The assist was amazing. But sometimes he gave it away cheaply.
Welbeck is very frustrating, also giving the ball away alot of times. The time where he had a simple through ball but somehow didnt play it quick enough was frustrating.
Owen, struggled with the pitch, aside from his goals.

However...
Delighted with Andersons running. He is a hassler, and not a Scholes replacement.
Gibson played very well.

Kelvin

wohoo our so-called b team beat wolfsburg first 11...

darko

lol Glad I never put money on it.

Wolfburg were extremely disapointing given what was at stake
I couldn't find odds fo the champsions league game here. The government runs our betting. So I don't normally bet.) I thought Wolfsburg would be a shoe in. Their fans must be livid.

dev1l

Considering the circumstances, winning at Wolfsburg looked like some wizardy act...

This year, on paper we have a "poorer" squad with 2 big names out, however I am getting the impression that from the tactical point of view , we re playing much better. Maybe because we are less predictable than last year... Instead of relying on one player (Ronaldo) , this season we have the goals coming from everywhere. Giggs was right when he said that Ronaldo's transfer will "release" the midfielders and the statistics are showing it with Giggs, Scholes, Gibson, Carrick, Valencia and Fletcher already scoring around 20 goals between them