Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

It's not good enough imo to have your best performance always being "didn't make mistakes today".
That's the fans rhetoric, and anyone who thinks playing at Burnley or Watford, you can hide is laughable. There are lots of different ways of playing football and he goes about his business without fuss. He's young and got lots to learn but surely when a young player who's new to the league comes in, you want to see improvements and he has improved. We won the last two games, and he's contributed to that otherwise he wouldn't be in the team.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Utter bullshit that you think he had a decent or good game. This is not what United need. Hopefully Bailly gets his shit together sharpish.
You get to the point where someone is pretending he wasn't involved to come to a predetermined conclusion, and you realise there isn't any point in arguing. You had concluded he was going to get "bullied" by Watford, and when it didn't happen, you can only conclude he did no defending, despite numerous occasions where he did, in fact, compete for the ball.

el3mel

That's the fans rhetoric, and anyone who thinks playing at Burnley or Watford, you can hide is laughable. There are lots of different ways of playing football and he goes about his business without fuss. He's young and got lots to learn but surely when a young player who's new to the league comes in, you want to see improvements and he has improved. We won the last two games, and he's contributed to that otherwise he wouldn't be in the team.
No it's not good enough to have your best day as not making any disasters and having the likes of Fellaini and Smalling covering for your problems most of the game.

For that, he's not even contributing offensively in the build up much to warrant all this coverage for his weaknesses.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We can cover for his lack of defensive basics by playing 3 colossuses in front and next to him!
We've cracked it!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You get to the point where someone is pretending he wasn't involved to come to a predetermined conclusion, and you realise there isn't any point in arguing. You had concluded he was going to get "bullied" by Watford, and when it didn't happen, you can only conclude he did no defending, despite numerous occasions where he did, in fact, compete for the ball.
Didn't happen? Probably only because Fellaini, Smalling and Matic took the brunt for him.

He still had dodgy moments, like when trying to clear in the corner, he somehow managed to play it against their man, get caught out behind him, and just have no strength to make up for it.

At some stage he's going to have to show he doesn't need fencing in amongst giants for us to risk him.

Loublaze

ATLien
He won't make it here but he's now first choice CB along with Smalling? Don't see your logic...
He's not first choice. His position is not solidified and you know it. Lindelof started the first two games paired with Bailly and was dropped against Spurs after a poor display against Brighton. Jones got injured in that game and is probably the reason Lindelof found himself back with a starting role as Bailly was the worst of the two in that Brighton defeat. It won't be long before Bailly has another run of games ahead of him.

You're making shit up. Please show me where I said this before the game or when the lineup was announced. I'll wait

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
We can cover for his lack of defensive basics by playing 3 colossuses in front and next to him!
We've cracked it!
While that may be true, it is also true that he has done his job well under those conditions.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No, just calling a crap defender for what he is. He won't make it here.
Not as a starter long term for certain.
Some people seem to forget we were clearly after a centre back in the summer, and Jones would be keeping him out if fit.
While Bailly is out of sorts right now.

ivaldo

Didn't happen? Probably only because Fellaini, Smalling and Matic took the brunt for him.

He still had dodgy moments, like when trying to clear in the corner, he somehow managed to play it against their man, get caught out behind him, and just have no strength to make up for it.

At some stage he's going to have to show he doesn't need fencing in amongst giants for us to risk him.
You mean that moment when he was in a physical clash with Gray and won the ball off him? Didn't happen though, right... :wenger:

Andersons Dietician

Thought he was actually pretty good today, didn’t look out at place at all against quite a physical duo. Smalling was certainly doing the hard lifting in terms of the winning most of the aerials but Lindelof did his part. Thought it was great to see both he and Smalling sitting right on the half way line for large portions of the first half something that basically never happened last season.

Bobski

He won't make it here but he's now first choice CB along with Smalling? Don't see your logic...
It is a fair point. I would suggest that the thinking behind it is balance and the likelihood of Bailly causing some form of chaos with his erratic style that has not really meshed well with Smalling. Lindelof is more of a known quantity in that at least you know what to expect from him in terms of his style of play, simplifies the games for those around him. That is a benefit of being that style of passive defender, but at some point the others will not be able to cover for you and being able to stand up in individual duels in necessary.

ivaldo

You're making shit up. Please show me where I said this before the game or when the lineup was announced. I'll wait
Then let's hear you say you didn't think that was going to happen. Go on.

Litch

No it's not good enough to have your best day as not making any disasters and having the likes of Fellaini and Smalling covering for your problems most of the game.

For that, he's not even contributing offensively in the build up much to warrant all this coverage for his weaknesses.
So you think Jose would intentionally play a player that would weaken the team? I remember the same bullshit about Fellaini and now people have amnesia about that....I know this forum always needs a dog to kick but the comments sometimes are ridiculous at times.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You mean that moment when he was in a physical clash with Gray and won the ball off him? Didn't happen though, right... :wenger:
In the example I gave he didn't win anything.
I dare say he may have won a physical battle at some stage. Even Lingard does occasionally!

ivaldo

In the example I gave he didn't win anything.
I dare say he may have won a physical battle at some stage. Even Lingard does occasionally!
You think the ball just magically appeared there? He literally won the thing off Gray to begin with! Explain to me how you think the ball ended up there?

ivaldo

Where is the evidence to back your assertion up? Keep talking shit
I'm asking you directly and you're refusing to answer :lol: feck me. But if you want to get pedantic, I didn't say you wrote it. Now answer my question.

Eddy_JukeZ

I can't warm up to him.

He must be one of the weakest defenders we've ever had. Physically and mentally.

Loublaze

ATLien
I'm asking you directly and you're refusing to answer :lol: feck me. But if you want to get pedantic, I didn't say you wrote it. Now answer my question.
Dude, you clearly inferred that I said something I didn't. You replied with a question when I asked you to back your claims up. Weird.

arthurka

That he is playing over Bailly is really telling how bad Bailly's positional sense is. I thought I would never say this but when is Rojo due?

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
I don't know what's going on here, but at this point in time Lindelof has been unimpressive for us, or half decent at best. Haven't seen much if anything from him that suggests he'll be a vital player for us in years to come.

Today other than a period between the 50 and 60 minute mark where he did some bizarre things he was alright I guess, Smalling was on fire and Fellaini defended really well too, both did much better than Lindelof. Never been a particular fan of Blind (other than in his last season at Ajax where he played in midfield and as a wingback during the World Cup when he gave that pass to RVP), but I don't really think this Lindelof has been better than him at CB for us.

ivaldo

Dude, you clearly inferred that I said something I didn't. You replied with a question when I asked you to back your claims up. Weird.
So you still refuse to answer it. I inferred you beleive something that, after being asked the question twice you still refuse to answer, seems pretty bleedin' obvious my assertions were correct.

What's wierd is instead of answering the question and progressing the conversation, you now want to get offended that I implied you beleive something that is now entirely obivous to everyone you do, in fact, believe. I wonder why you don't want to answer :lol:

Loublaze

ATLien
So you still refuse to answer it. I inferred you beleive something that, after being asked the question twice you still refuse to answer, seems pretty bleedin' obvious my assertions were correct.

What's wierd is instead of answering the question and progressing the conversation, you now want to get offended that I implied you beleive something that is now entirely obivous to everyone you do, in fact, believe. I wonder why you don't want to answer :lol:
Why should I answer it when you can't provide evidence over something you thought i posted? You have no argument here. To answer your question though, I didn't assume he'd be 'bullied' or anything else you have in your mind. If I had those feelings I would've expressed them in the match day thread. You have no argument here, weak as feck to try and turn this around with this angle when you clearly had it wrong with your initial thoughtless assumption

ivaldo

Why should I answer it when you can't provide evidence over something you thought i posted? You have no argument here. To answer your question though, I didn't assume he'd be 'bullied' or anything else you have in your mind. If I had those feelings I would've expressed them in the match day thread. You have no argument here, weak as feck to try and turn this around with this angle when you clearly had it wrong with your initial thoughtless assumption
Alright you didn't say it. I didn't explicitly say you wrote it, but I beleive, based on your general view on the player, that is what you beleive. Now instead of continuing the conversation at hand, you want to defer it into a primary school argument based around semantics. The fact on THREE occasions you pathetically refused to answer the question has pretty much confirmed what I believed to begin with. Congratulations, quality posting. Well done on wasting half an hour to eventually come to the conclusion I was right to begin with.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You think the ball just magically appeared there? He literally won the thing off Gray to begin with! Explain to me how you think the ball ended up there?
We may well be talking about different incidents.
I'm talking about one where he got to a ball before an opponent first (he had a headstart), tried to clear it, managed to smack it against the guy, and then get caught the wrong side of him.

ivaldo

I'm talking about one where he got to a ball before an opponent first (he had a headstart), tried to clear it, managed to smack it against the guy, and then get caught the wrong side of him.
In the corner? When there were two Watford players around him?

Moonred

Looks to be afraid to make mistakes and hence doesn’t commit to defending. Passive and needs others to cover for him. Needs to take control or will get bullied forever.

Litch

What about the other players misplaced passes or poor decisions???

Loublaze

ATLien
Alright you didn't say it. I didn't explicitly say you wrote it, but I beleive, based on your general view on the player, that is what you beleive. Now instead of continuing the conversation at hand, you want to defer it into a primary school argument based around semantics. The fact on THREE occasions you pathetically refused to answer the question has pretty much confirmed what I believed to begin with. Congratulations, quality posting. Well done on wasting half an hour to eventually come to the conclusion I was right to begin with.
You can't berate me for 'pathetically' refusing to answer a question that made no sense. You totally deviated from the argument with that. Keep making assumptions about my thoughts. You were wrong. Weak man, just weak.

ivaldo

You can't berate me for 'pathetically' refusing to answer a question that made no sense. You totally deviated from the argument with that. Keep making assumptions about my thoughts. You were wrong.
Made no sense? How do you come to that conclusion? You're making a fool of yourself here.

I assumed you believed something, then instead of confirming or denying that and moving on, you cried about not actually writing it. So I candidly asked you if you thought that was the case (to move on the discussion) and you refused to answer it, repeatedly. If I was wrong you could've simply have said so. Instead we've gone on this inane back and forth about something that doesn't matter in order for you to avoid admitting I was right. Well done you.

Loublaze

ATLien
Made no sense? How do you come to that conclusion? You're making a fool of yourself here.

I assumed you believed something, then instead of confirming or denying that and moving on, you cried about not actually writing it. So I candidly asked you if you thought that was the case (to move on the discussion) and you refused to answer it, repeatedly. If I was wrong you could've simply have said so. Instead we've gone on this inane back and forth about something that doesn't matter in order for you to avoid admitting I was right. Well done you.
You were wrong on both counts, deal with it and move on. I have.

ivaldo

You were wrong on both counts, deal with it and move on. I have.
Clearly I weren't. Well done on deferring the conversation enough so you don't have to answer. Good news is we can all see it. ;)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What about the other players misplaced passes or poor decisions???
Oh there's plenty of blame to go around. I mentioned on another thread that the amount of times our players in central positions underhit short balls to the wide player, allowing their defender to easily intercept was worryingly high

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In the corner? When there were two Watford players around him?
It was one on one, the incident I mention. He'd done what should have been the hard bit - getting to the ball first (although it was in his favour). To then screw the clearance up, so that his man had got ahead of him into a dangerous position was dreadful.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
No, just calling a crap defender for what he is. He won't make it here.
Some posters don’t see what’s in front of them. The lads utter garbage and was
Marking a man young already had for their goal today. In the PL he’s a complete liability and excels at absolutely nothing. Just to put this into perspective Spurs signed Sanchez in the same window for circa £15m more (after he had a great game for Ajax against us in the uefa final). What are our scouts doing??

Litch

Oh there's plenty of blame to go around. I mentioned on another thread that the amount of times our players in central positions underhit short balls to the wide player, allowing their defender to easily intercept was worryingly high
Each to their own mate, just think some positives on here wouldn't go amiss. I think we all know he's no Stam, Rio or Vidic but give the the young lad some credit where it's due. Some of the stuff on here about him being weak or a coward is at best laughable but equally disrespectful.

ivaldo

It was one on one, the incident I mention. He'd done what should have been the hard bit - getting to the ball first (although it was in his favour). To then screw the clearance up, so that his man had got ahead of him into a dangerous position was dreadful.
Oh ok you're right we are talking about different incidences.

Status
Not open for further replies.