Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

Doing well especially when you think of who is around him. I'd argue we need both full backs and a CB....

kiristao

The fact that the goal came when he was pulled out of position speaks volumes of how well he was playing.
Won lots of headers defensively and was at the right place at the right time Everytime. Even won a couple of headers from our corners and in fact should have done better with the first one. Him and Smalling might be a good option at the moment.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
The fact that the goal came when he was pulled out of position speaks volumes of how well he was playing.
Won lots of headers defensively and was at the right place at the right time Everytime. Even won a couple of headers from our corners and in fact should have done better with the first one. Him and Smalling might be a good option at the moment.
He has been a lot more dominant in the air lately.

kundalini

The cross-field pass out of play was a bit crap but otherwise I thought it was a decent performance. Superb long pass for Martial's chance; that's the sort of thing I'd like to see more often from Lindelof. Also won a couple of headers from corners.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Had a great game individually, another one. The next step for him would be to organise our defence like all great defenders do, as collectively we are still a mess.

izec

Put Koulibaly besides him and he has a more calm, composed, stronger and experienced defender besides him. They could be formidable

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He looks the absolute business these days. To be honest, he has for a while now but just hasn't had the recognition. Could quite easily see him being part of a formidable defence for us.

Don't think I'd ever written him off like others but i thought he'd need more time to get going. Really pleased with him, probably the most pleasing aapect for me this season. He'd get my vote for player of the year if he keeps this up.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Phenomenal for most of the game. Most of the blame for the goal is on him. Complacent on his pressure of the first player and then a pathetic attempt at closing down and pressure the player with the ball in. To top it off, he was doing this half assed defending completely deserting his position in the box. He will iron this out with experience. If you go significantly out of position you must must win the ball, not just provide the kind of pressure an attacking player would in that position.

Very impressed with everything else he did in the game. Great pass to martial - the kind you lot on here praised bonucci for. Brilliant ball control in key places and great reading of the game otherwise.

Foxbatt

Phenomenal for most of the game. Most of the blame for the goal is on him. Complacent on his pressure of the first player and then a pathetic attempt at closing down and pressure the player with the ball in. To top it off, he was doing this half assed defending completely deserting his position in the box. He will iron this out with experience. If you go significantly out of position you must must win the ball, not just provide the kind of pressure an attacking player would in that position.

Very impressed with everything else he did in the game. Great pass to martial - the kind you lot on here praised bonucci for. Brilliant ball control in key places and great reading of the game otherwise.
He slipped ffs. Surely Jones and Dalot should have been able to deal with that cross? It was a simple cross that Jones let go over his head.

Johan07

He was very good today. Actually was a threat on corners offensively as well. It was almost funny to see his disappointment/frustration when he missed both of his decent chances off corners. If he can add that part to his game as well it would be splendid.
That said he could have done much better for the goal and he and Matic almost gave away another goal in our penalty box.

Johan07

He slipped ffs. Surely Jones and Dalot should have been able to deal with that cross? It was a simple cross that Jones let go over his head.
Tbf if that had been Jones who slipped the Caf would have exploded and chastised him to the extreme for his clumsiness. In this case Jones drew an aerial duel in the penalty area and Dalot made a junior mistake added to Lindelofs original one. Some objectivity please. Obvious mistake by Victor who had a great game otherwise.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Something wrong with your evaluation of players if "most of the blame" for the goal is on him. If Jones and Dalot can't deal with a slow ball in the air between them, it's broadly on them. Lindelof did fine.

Foxbatt

Tbf if that had been Jones who slipped the Caf would have exploded and chastised him to the extreme for his clumsiness. In this case Jones drew an aerial duel in the penalty area and Dalot made a junior mistake added to Lindelofs original one. Some objectivity please. Obvious mistake by Victor who had a great game otherwise.
You know something. I would not blame Jones if that was him who slipped outside the box. On the other hand I agree that Dalot also made a mistake. But as your famous namesake said, all goals are conceded from a mistake.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Him slipping was way past the poor decision he made. When he finished pressuring the first player, he ran over to the next one and chose to put 0 pressure before slipping. It’s not what you do when are a CD way out of position. He knows it. They should have handled it better in the box for sure. Thing is this is the only remotely important thing I can find as a weakness from him this game. He was brilliant.

OldPop

Lindelof was one of the best today again but, not very surprising, when the whole team lost momentum he also made some worse efforts. As a whole, he gets better and better at the defensive work, although he, along with Dalot and Jones, may take responsibility for the goal.

It's very positive that he continues to develop and contributes more to the offensive game in different ways, pity that it didn't result in a goal today. It has been very close several times now and is probably just a matter of time before it succeeds.

dronesoul

I screamed out loud when that wonderful pass made it to Martial and Martial missed the chance.

I've been nervous every game this and last season, because as a fellow Swede I desperately wanted him to succeed in my favourite club. Well, at least until a few games back, I feel more relaxed now. The last few games he's been massive and his confidence is clearly showing. On the right track to become a truly great defender. I really hope he can stay healthy and avoid injuries, since he would be massive at 27-28 if his improvement curve stays like it is.

Another thing. If you guys want to shine with the correct pronounciation of his surname, the F at the end is pronounced "V". So yeah, he's "Victor Lindelöv".

Last edited:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Was really good today, looked really assured. He just needs a good partner now.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
"I can’t really criticise Lindelof because it gets to the stage that he’s so far out of his depth that you start to feel sorry for him." - Jamie Carragher

Foolish man

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Problem will be getting Smalling to work as an LCB, he has almost exclusively played RCB for us.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Glad to see him winning headers today because since he’s arrived it’s looked like he’s afraid of crosses. If he can keep that up and progress that aspect then I’ll start to poo my pants less when he’s in the team

Good game today

Trizy

Been good for about 10 games now but I'm afraid he has a big mistake in him. Maybe that fear will go when we have another great CB to judge him properly.

podurban2

Been good for about 10 games now but I'm afraid he has a big mistake in him. Maybe that fear will go when we have another great CB to judge him properly.
Don’t even the greatest though? Vidic made a couple of big ones. Problem is I’m afraid Lindelöf will be torn apart on here once he does make one. Hopefully the rest of the time he will be as industrial as ever.

Revan

Assumptionman
Cannot believe the progress he has made. I believed on him, however wasn't expecting him to become so good this fast. The long pass to Martial was a joy to watch, however what impressed me most was him winning every ball coming near him.

He has been our best CB this season and it ain't even close.

RuudTom83

Mourinho is usually good at picking defenders, its nice to see Victor getting a bit of confidence...just need Bailly to sort himself out next.

deafepl

He's up with Luiz for being best playmakers CB in the league, he could have 4 assist under Ole, we need commanding CB that can dominate the box and air

OverratedOpinion

I really, really couldn't see it when he first signed. The one promising thing was that rather than lacking talent he just seemed totally devoid of confidence.

Watching him now he still isn't the finished article but he has a lot of the traits and attributes of a top class centre back.

A-man

I love when he takes his time and you can see how he is searching for that long pass, like the quarter back in American football.

And what happened with his aerial game? From really poor to really good. According to the official stats he hasnt lost an aerial duel since OGS came in.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
"I can’t really criticise Lindelof because it gets to the stage that he’s so far out of his depth that you start to feel sorry for him." - Jamie Carragher

Foolish man
I would say about 95% of our fans would have agreed with him at that moment.

Ekeke

I love when he takes his time and you can see how he is searching for that long pass, like the quarter back in American football.

And what happened with his aerial game? From really poor to really good. According to the official stats he hasnt lost an aerial duel since OGS came in.
Hopefully that means Ole told him what he needs to improve and he's continually working on it

A-man

Hopefully that means Ole told him what he needs to improve and he's continually working on it
Something must have changed; it’s too big difference to be a coincidence. 16-0 won/lost aerials in the three last matches. Could of course be confidence. Instead of not going in to an aerial because of the risk of losing, he is going in with the confidence that he can win it and if he doesn’t win it he will not be punished to the bench the next match.

Ekeke

Something must have changed; it’s too big difference to be a coincidence. 16-0 won/lost aerials in the three last matches. Could of course be confidence. Instead of not going in to an aerial because of the risk of losing, he is going in with the confidence that he can win it and if he doesn’t win it he will not be punished to the bench the next match.
Yep I agree, I think its clearly something we've worked on with him and its paying off. I hope he keeps it up

staniswin

We have a bunch of CB who made a mistakes every game and some of that were costly. Lindelof didn't made any in the last 10 games which can be considering as excellent.
I really, really couldn't see it when he first signed. The one promising thing was that rather than lacking talent he just seemed totally devoid of confidence.

Watching him now he still isn't the finished article but he has a lot of the traits and attributes of a top class centre back.
When he came here i actually see he has everything except physicality but that's not the hardest thing to fix. Being braindead is the hardest.

Status
Not open for further replies.