Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

I don't think Linedlöf did much wrong. Maybe he was a yard too far forward.
You're right, my post wasnt quite what I meant. My bad.

I posted previously in another thread that neither Bailly nor Lindelof did particularly well on the goal, which they didnt and is what I should have said again. I'm sure both will be a bit disappointed. But I dont think they were that bad on it, just a weak moment that Arsenal took advantage of after our right side was exposed. It wasnt an individual error, just too easy.

Roboc7

Looks a completely different player and feel like there is more to come.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
His progress is amazing. In a few months from that Lindelof to this. In a few months.
And some people still waiting on Jones to step up:lol::lol:. After 7 years...

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I'm not getting carried away but I think he might be, just might be the second coming of Baresi.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was looking good in last few games under Jose but since Ole took over, he is playing even better.

simmee

I don't think Linedlöf did much wrong. Maybe he was a yard too far forward.
He was blocking the cut back I think. They were three vs 2 in our box so one of our midfielders did not tack back.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Amazing how you can pair him with anyone in defense and he looks stellar from start to finish.

More seasons of this and people will call him Lindelove but Iceman is truly a proper nickname for the current form.

Ludens the Red

Have to say I am surprised as how well he’s done.
He’s probably the best cb at reading the game and intercepting since Rio. I still think he’s a bit shit at defending crosses and in one on ones but hopefully that’ll improve .

Devil may care

Timing his aerial duels better and is starting to take command of the back 4, really impressed with his run of form.

MetoTTT

I really hope OGS will play him and Bailly together till the end of the season. I'm really pleased he proved the doubters were wrong. Still can improve a lot.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
With every bit of confidence he looks even better, he's improving by the game. I don't want to jinx it but he's actually taking a bit of control of the defence now, albeit baby steps. He's proved his doubters wrong this season (myself included), now he needs a partner to really take him to the next level.

Nick7

You're right, my post wasnt quite what I meant. My bad.

I posted previously in another thread that neither Bailly nor Lindelof did particularly well on the goal, which they didnt and is what I should have said again. I'm sure both will be a bit disappointed. But I dont think they were that bad on it, just a weak moment that Arsenal took advantage of after our right side was exposed. It wasnt an individual error, just too easy.
Ah yeah. I agree.

marktan

I really hope OGS will play him and Bailly together till the end of the season. I'm really pleased he proved the doubters were wrong. Still can improve a lot.
Tbh I'd rather Jones than Bailly. Jones is suspect, but Bailly somehow manages to inspire even less confidence when he plays.

Revan

Assumptionman
I think he has won 100% of his aerial duels since Ole has become our manager. That is Vidic-esque. Not long ago, he was an absolute liability on the air.

Easily, the player with the biggest improvement this season.

Ekeke

Timing his aerial duels better and is starting to take command of the back 4, really impressed with his run of form.
True. He's definitely improved in the air though im not entirely sure how much until we face a team that are good in the air. But he's also become the one doing the majority of the defensive actions in several of the Jones matches and now with Bailly. Earlier in the season it was Smalling doing most of it and Lindelof covering the rest, now he's taking charge like you said. I only hope he continues and if he gets even better he'll have a good career here longterm

Djemba-Djemba

Thought he played very very well tonight.

I think people have overrated his performances this season slightly, but tonight he was dominant.

OldPop

Good game, but some of his passing skills are wasted when he played to the left.
Have the same thought, it's a bit of a shame if he has to play there when we see that he can do it even better on the right side. I hope Ole in any case dare place him there when we meet easier opponents.

MemphisThePie

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Has the scapegoat turned into a fan-favorite now? People wanted him gone after one season.

Sylar

Him getting up and winning headers is what he needed to add. It seems it's added another element to him

sam147

How good was Alderweireld at Lindelofs age? Where was Koulibaly at his age? He has been class and the doubters have nothing to say now. He is far better than Jones and Smalling who have been at the club for years yet people wanted to criticize a guy who was here for a few months. English bias.

Johan07

I disagree with moving him to LCB to accomodate Bailly; but jeez did he handle it well. Very impressive.

Morpheus 7

His progress is amazing, the right partner beside him and we are in business. He brings the ball out so well. He's got a good mix of qualities, adjusted to the pace of the league finally. Doesn't look like a waste of money now does he.

Woziak

He was great today, switched off once for the Arsenal goal but the break where he passed the ball with the outside of his left foot was majestic, he will only get better and better but as a Left Wing back, we need a young left footed back up like Ben Chilkwell or Kieran Tierney to push him on even further.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I think he has won 100% of his aerial duels since Ole has become our manager. That is Vidic-esque. Not long ago, he was an absolute liability on the air.

Easily, the player with the biggest improvement this season.
Actually he reminds me of Vidic in terms of how badly they both started their United careers.

Ekeke

Actually he reminds me of Vidic in terms of how badly they both started their United careers.
But he's kinda done it twice. He was bad at the start of last season, like really bad, then he got a bit better and didnt look a liability by the end of the season.

Then he had another bad start and then improved again and playing the best he has so far.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He's been assured and leading at the back for what seems like ages now. Completely unrecognisable from the start of the season.

I do think there is a top partnership in the making with him & Bailly. They complement each-other well. But that's for the future.

Hopefully we bring in someone like Koulibaly in the summer to partner him then we'll be talking.

Last edited:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So when was the last time he lost an aerial duel? I have faith in the lad, and I'm glad to say I was right to do so, which isn't always the way. He's settled now, in a set up that plays to gis strengths, and we are seeing the player we signed. As of right now, I don't think there's a better CB in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.