Position: Defender - Centre-Back
Foot: Right
Player Agent: HCM Sports Management
Squad Number: #2
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2024
Contract Option: Option for a further year
Date of Last Contract Extension: Sep 18, 2019​

NoPace

Stock is up I think despite not doing anything, with Maguire looking so dodgy and Evans so slow.

Gaidal

With our rbs passing to the other teams. Maybe we should just have Lindelöf there, and have him move into midfield when we have the ball.

ManchesterMats

With our rbs passing to the other teams. Maybe we should just have Lindelöf there, and have him move into midfield when we have the ball.
But why? There are better fullbacks out there if we need another fullback. If he can’t compete as central defender he should probably just move on to an other club.

Teffe

It feels like he always starts every season as 3rd or 4th choice CB, but ends up playing most of the games. Very reliable backup. And lucky through his career that other players been injured.

El__Jingo

Superb today despite of the rest of the team shitting bricks at the end.

what have i just read, he was woeful..got turned by neto in tight areas, stood off when he shouldve closed Cunha down, will never fill me with confidence when he plays

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Superb today despite of the rest of the team shitting bricks at the end.
Funny

I thought it was a performance that encapsulated Lindelof. A bit of everything. Did some thing well but on the other hand kept getting turned when he tried to get close and the striker just ran away from him. Annoyingly was slow on the ball to move it around, where’s this famed passing?

criticalanalysis

Not good but not terrible because he's so uninvolved. Typical Lindelof.

Apparently 'good at a high line' but consistently gets turned when getting tight and when players run at him, he's back peddling with his arms behind his back. Shaw wasn't great at all but sort of redeemed himself with 3-5 last second blocks in the last 15 mins that saved Lindelof's ass because he was nowhere to be seen and let players shoot at will with no attempt to put pressure on them.

Chief123

We just need clubs to want the players we want to get rid of now. Not the ones we want to keep ffs.

Newstyle

Good performance. Cleared corners and long balls as prime slabhead.

Frank White

Very good from the ice man, at least we have competent replacement in one position and hopefully keep Martinez on his toes.

Conor

He's the perfect 3rd CB, hopefully he is happy doing it.

flappyjay

He has me wondering why there is so much of a hard on for a right CB than a left footed CB.

Oranges038

Was very good when he came on, calm assured on the ball and defended well.

criticalanalysis

Came on and did well.

No complaints other than I still don't like him having his hands behind his back way before a cross or something is hit. It really puts himself at a disadvantage and makes him more worried about not a handball rather than stopping a cross.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
He has me wondering why there is so much of a hard on for a right CB than a left footed CB.
Because we need the RCB replacement/successor now. Varane will miss plenty of games this season and Lindelöf, as good a rotation option he is, is not that player.

OverratedOpinion

Did really well, I know it might be controversial but honestly speaking I think you could argue he's been our best centre back for the last 3 or 4 months.

EricD

Well done Iceman. As solid now as at the end of last season.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Feck 3rd option cb, he should start games
Be careful what you're wishing for, with Varane doubtful for Arsenal trip you might regret ever posting this.

Gordon S

Be careful what you're wishing for, with Varane doubtful for Arsenal trip you might regret ever posting this.
Our away form against top teams is terrible to use kind worlds, and we have mainly played Rafa-Licha in those games.
The idea that these guys are these untouchable world class cb pairing has weared off a long time ago for me. They are very good but i rarely see a huge drop off when Victor replaces one of them tbh. Playing tons of games with Maguire hasn`t helped peoples view of him i guess.

Based Adnan

All went to shit when he went off. Dumb foul on Nketiah aside thought he did very well.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If he wasn’t injured, ETH has some explaining to do