Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
But our great manager said its tactical. Maybe ETH is equally useless? How we still have Lindelof at the club is beyond me. We dont have any decent young defenders?
No, we don’t have any. Our u23 recently got 8 stuck past them by Bolton. There are no solutions in the reserves

abkmufc92

Any manager that keeps playing a defender THAT feckING AVOIDS DEFENDING deserves to be sacked.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
One thing that dawned on my yesterday - does the man ever make a slide tackle?

Made me long for the days where the first thing a full-back did would be to put in a crunching tackle on the winger to make them think twice about running at them for the rest of the game.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
But our great manager said its tactical. Maybe ETH is equally useless? How we still have Lindelof at the club is beyond me. We dont have any decent young defenders?
I think EtH should be given a bit more leeway.

This is Lindelof's 7th (!!!) season.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Its tactical in the sense that our 2 left backs are injured + the emergency on loan left back is just coming back from a hamstring injury.
Its as tactical as me knowing I'm gonna spend the next morning in the bathroom after having spicy food the previous night. We all know its bad but we do it anyway because of no other options sometimes.

RedStarUnited

There was a moment when him and Rashford were running towards the same ball, He should have known he was offside but for whatever reason he still touched the ball with Marcus right next to him.

Its so typical of this United team, so many brain dead moments.

Slevs

There was a moment when him and Rashford were running towards the same ball, He should have known he was offside but for whatever reason he still touched the ball with Marcus right next to him.

Its so typical of this United team, so many brain dead moments.
I remember that, genuinely gobsmacked.

Some of our players have the IQ of an ashtray

Gordon Godot

Its tactical in the sense that our 2 left backs are injured + the emergency on loan left back is just coming back from a hamstring injury.
Its as tactical as me knowing I'm gonna spend the next morning in the bathroom after having spicy food the previous night. We all know its bad but we do it anyway because of no other options sometimes.
Then that's not tactical is it? Also ETH specifically praised the defense post match. He's deluded.

Slevs

Then that's not tactical is it? Also ETH specifically praised the defense post match. He's deluded.
He needs Lindelof (or a wooden body) at LB since both LBs are injured and the emergency one is recovering. Of course he's not gonna say yeah Victor is shit but I can't not play him.
He'll ride it out and then bin him, its not like a future project where Lindelof will play at LB.

RedDevilQuebecois

He needs Lindelof (or a wooden body) at LB since both LBs are injured and the emergency one is recovering. Of course he's not gonna say yeah Victor is shit but I can't not play him.
He'll ride it out and then bin him, its not like a future project where Lindelof will play at LB.
Reguilon played 63 minutes against Copenhagen. He would have been with the same amount of time if not a little more.

Anyway, I just cannot wait to see the back of Lindelof.

FerociousCorgis

feel like recalling fernandez or whatever his name is wouldve been a much better option than relying on amrabat and then lindelof at LB.

A-man

Reguilon played 63 minutes against Copenhagen. He would have been with the same amount of time if not a little more.

Anyway, I just cannot wait to see the back of Lindelof.
Never been good at that position but several coaches have picked him as an option when there were injuries. It is hard to say if the other CBs; Maguire, Evans, Varane, etc had done a better job as FB but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Man Utd 0:3 Newcastle

Annihilate Now!

Scout
An absolute wet towel of a defender.

Actually no, a wet towel is pretty solid and can be used as a weapon, this fella is the driest, most flimsy piece of Cotton Wool which was picked by an armless child.

Captain Lindelof. Feck off.

Slevs

Captain at a point in time :lol:

State of this club

Ekeke

Unbelievable for the 3rd goal. Looked like he was a child playing football being picked in a position he didnt want to play because hes not as cool or not as good as the other guys, so he puts in a quarter of the effort needed to do it. He just casually stands off leaving the player in space to shoot around him, having got all his angles wrong and doing nothing to block the shot. "Oh well" he muttered

RedDevil@84

Why is everyone going about his captaincy? His defensive abilities do not get better or bad regardless of the armband

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Why is everyone going about his captaincy? His defensive abilities do not get better or bad regardless of the armband
Because putting the armband on the meekest and softest fanny in the entire team really says something about your side

tomaldinho1

He accelerates like someone tied his laces together, really weird style of running

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Lindelof...Dearie me. This guy is so weak. At everything. I hate, HATE how he backs off of players and the build up to that third goal was just pure Lindelof on display. His defining characteristic is backing away. Even with the ball at his feet. I hate how he has the ball and, rather than try and fire the ball through the lines like Martinez would, just stands there asking for an easy pass and then goes sideways to Maguire. It kills the whole point of trying to play out as it means the opposition can just camp in front of us.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It's actually crazy that José signed him. You think of José and the defenders he's had in the past and loved, and Lindelof is the complete antithesis of them.

Ekeke

It's actually crazy that José signed him. You think of José and the defenders he's had in the past and loved, and Lindelof is the complete antithesis of them.
Thats why Mourinho slated him on commentary post the United job. He knows he got that one wrong

ti vu

While Lindelof is quite a meh signing by Mourinho, he did look decent in Mourinho third season, even after Ole took over as interim. He seemed to benefit from a partner playing the stopper role, which Smalling and Jones could do. Maguire signed and we got a mismatch partnership. Lindelof doesn't try to close down and tackle, whereas Maguire first instinct is running toward our own box and disregard our defensive/offside line. These two together basically helping opposition creates space behind the midfielder and in front of our goal. Another delay partnership just like the infamous McFred in midfield.

RedDevilQuebecois

Ice hockey fans know the term "Swedish Sieve" to describe a Swedish-born goalie who leaks goals right, left and centre. But I swear to God that I never thought that term would ever apply to a footballer... until tonight. Victor Lindelof has to be nicknamed the Footballing Swedish Sieve from now on, because of the way he plays and allows the opposition to score easy goals because of his ineptitude.

Marwood

He's obsessed with not giving away a handball. Constantly got his hands behind his back when defending.

For the third goal we needed him to move across quickly and throw himself in front of the shot.

But its tricky to do that with your hands clamped behind you. Shuffled across like a penguin.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How has he played for us for so long? He belongs at a mid table Serie A club, like Fiorentina. He could go with Amrabat when he goes back.

redcucumber

Why is he still here? Why do these completely mellow, squidgy cnuts manage to hang around for so fecking long at this club? Lindelof, Dalot, Maguire, McTominay, Martial, Donny van de Beek, AWB. It's a collection of soft lads with no genuine footballing personality.

TempusFugit

He quite literally ran away from Willock while he was sprinting towards our penalty box.

Why is both and he and all our other defenders first reaction to danger to run back and position themselves as deeply as possible? We play like cowards. The only player who rushes into the firing line is Licha and formerly Eric Bailly the Ivorian madman. Two CBs who actually played with fire in their bellies. We're currently the easiest team to pick apart in the PL, it's pathetic. Teams quite literally walk through us.

Hughes35

Has never been good enough and never will be. Crazy signing. Have never seen a single attribute in him thar suggests he could be better than average.

Would be one of the first on the transfer list for me.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
That goal Willock scored has happened to us so many times. Midfield is so slow to react and defence just back off and give them a free shot. I swear I saw that goal like at least 5 times last season. Knew they would score as soon as Amrabat lost the ball.