View full 2023-24 profile

5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

ZupZup

He’s shocking and I know what I am about to say will sound daft but I’d rather we play Antony at left back… at least he has a left foot.

Red-17

Playing him full back is merely a desperation situation, but do we have to play him left back? Just makes an already awkward situation harder.

Probably better off playing Amrabat there to at least have some passing ability.

Please let Wan Bissaka back when we face Salah and Saka.
Instead of just playing Amrabad as an inverted fullback, we play Dalot there who is the only player on the pitch in the first half who could have offered any semblance of width to our attack. Just baffling mismanagement of players by ten Hag.

AndyMUFC

I'm still trying to work out why we don't play Lindelof right back and Dalot left back.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm still trying to work out why we don't play Lindelof right back and Dalot left back.
Only possible reason against it must be that it puts 2 players out of position not one.
But when Lindelof is so criminal at least back we can't keep doing this.

criticalanalysis

For someone who shows very little intensity and praised for being reliable, he's actually had quite a lot injuries and niggles probably relating to his back and others in the past few years. If we're smart as a club, he needs to go in the summer as he's of a saleable asset, takes up space in the squad and has no discernible qualities. Please do not give him a contract extension beyond the automatic renewal for next year ffs.

Veni_Vidi_Vidic

As he has a year left on his contract, there are only 3 options:

1. Sell him in the summer.
2. Let him stay for another year and leave for free.
3. Extend his contract.

So, it's a no-brainer. He has to be sold in the summer.

SAFMUTD

I don't like him as a CB but I hate him as a LB. He's extremely weak, I'm surprised how even the smaller attackers seem to get the best of him physically with such ease.

You'd think he's 60 Kgs when looking how easy he's overpowered.

He points really well though, have to give him that.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I like him as a centre half, think he’s a decent player. But I have no idea why Ten Hag sees him as a left back option. He has no qualities for it other than being a human. One would imagine that even if he HAD to play full back, he’d obviously be far better as a fecking right back instead of a left one, and given Dalot can play LB, that’s an obvious choice. And I think if Dalot plays left back, there are a number of makeshift options for RB that make more sense, like McTominay for example.

lex talionis

Solid shift. Not sure why there's so much hate for a squad player. Given his role, he does his job as well as could reasonably be expected.

But no, Lindelof is no Maldini.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Maybe I'm missing something but for me he's been good for some years now, he's played in a lot of different partnerships, Smalling, Maguire, Varane, Licha and I think he's always been pretty dependable. He doesn't complain and has a good fitness record, I really am happy with his role for us.
Good for years? You need an appointment with specsavers

Gandalf

Good for years? You need an appointment with specsavers
I know you love him really GB. He is ok for what he is, as a 4th or 5th choice rotational CB who does what is asked and never moans about game time he is probably the best you can do, better players would not settle for that back up role and he is honestly no worse than the likes of Joe Gomez. You also need to factor in that so long as we keep him we top the hottest PL WAG table which is probably the only prize we are in contention for.

criticalanalysis

Was okay. When the game was still and slow, did fine because there was no opposition threat. In transitiona or when the game was at a higher tempo, got caught out of position stuff pressing and/or uncomfortable with players running towards him.

Forest's low block and Ambrabt helping with possession (although missing defensively at times) suited his game.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Maybe I'm missing something but for me he's been good for some years now, he's played in a lot of different partnerships, Smalling, Maguire, Varane, Licha and I think he's always been pretty dependable. He doesn't complain and has a good fitness record, I really am happy with his role for us.
While I certainly don't think he's as bad as GoldenBlunder says, I wouldn't go so far as to say he's been 'good' for most of that time either. I'd say that he's normally at a decent squad player level and I'm happy to keep him in that role. However I feel he's been largely poor this season so far, even ignoring his recent adventures at fullback.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Feeling like geebs today. This guy needs to be gone. Even as a backup I'd rather play Willy.

Malone_Post

How is this clown still at the club??

It was obvious in his first season that he was a complete disaster and that was 7(!) years ago.

The ‘iceman’ indeed. Presumably a nickname given to him ironically because he melts under any resemblance of pressure.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
We did not learn anything about Lindelof today. He's not good enough and that's been obvious for years. City targeted him, wherever he went, and got the expected joy. Yet I still wouldn't be surprised if he's at United come August. Who would want him?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Truth be told he shouldn't be anywhere near the LB position because he simply can't play there. It's atrocious squad building from Ten Hag that's forced this situation and beyond frustrating to see

He also won quite a few headers against Haaland when he moved centrally

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
We need to stop buying people like him to be "squad options." If he's the sort of quality you get as squad options, we might as well use our academy players.

Superunknown

Trying to be fair to him because he's being played out of position. A square peg in a round hole.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Terrible player, but we've known that for years.

A-man

Do you think anyone has told him Foden is left footed yet? Doubt he's worked it out yet.
Pretty sure the tactics was him covering the outside and then someone else on the inside. Worked well until the goal.

Ekeke

He had one job. Dont let Foden come inside from the right wing and shoot with his left foot. Was too much defending for him to do it