g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Victor Lindelöf | Officially signs

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The worst thing is we're paying 40% less than Liverpool were going to pay for VVD.

United are such useless negotiators.

fecking terrible. Run by investment bankers.

Phil

I was under the impression the Portuguese press only bullshitted though??

Raw

Never watched him play a single minute of football, but I can confirm that he'll be one of the best centre backs in the league.

Jokes aside, I'm excited to see how he'll do. Heard a lot of Swedes raving about him.

AndyJ1985

Not at all. I'm a big fan of Rojo. I would imagine when fit he would play as first choice LB.

Especially with Shaw on shaky ground with Jose.
I wonder if people actually watched United sometimes. Rojo is terrible at left back.

TsuWave

De Gea - 26
Bailly - 23
Lindelof - 22
Pogba - 24
Morata (assuming he comes) - 24
Rashford - 19

that's a core that's pretty young. and then there's:

Jones- 25
Lingard - 24
Martial - 21
Pereira - 21
Shaw - 21
Tuanzebe - 19
Mensah - 19
Gomes - 16

hell, some of our "experienced" players are relatively young too:

Herrera - 27
Mkhitaryan - 28
Rojo - 27
Smalling - 27

these guys must feel like fossils these days:

Carrick - 35
Valencia - 31

Utd7

I wonder if people actually watched United sometimes. Rojo is terrible at left back.
Doesn't matter if some think he's bad at LB. What ultimately matters is how Jose views him and more importantly if he trusts him to do the job.

We'll find out eventually this summer if a LB is brought in.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
De Gea - 26
Bailly - 23
Lindelof - 22
Pogba - 24
Rashford - 19

Jones- 25
Lingard - 24
Martial - 21
Pereira - 21
Shaw - 21
Tuanzebe - 19
Mensah - 19
Gomes - 16

Herrera - 27
Mkhitaryan - 28
Rojo - 27
Smalling - 27

Carrick - 35
Valencia - 31
Very unlike Mourinho. He normally signs established veterans/players very much in their peak. 28-30~ year old range.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Never watched him play a single minute of football, but I can confirm that he'll be one of the best centre backs in the league.

Jokes aside, I'm excited to see how he'll do. Heard a lot of Swedes raving about him.
hmmm, somehow I can not put Sweeds and word rave in same sentence.
sorry, slow day, have we singed second player yet?
It will be 2-2! Another draw. yuk. Do we get extra poins for singing 2 players in same day?
I will go now...

KN5

It is a bit of a concern, given he'll likely be partnering Bailly. Having said that, we have some tall players elsewhere in the team, who should be able to help us out with defending set-peices.
Of course it's concerning, by any chance do you think Mourinho is planning to play 3 at the back? Bailey, Lindelof, Rojo, lindelof is used to being a ball playing defender so he fits the system. Just a thought!

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Very unlike Mourinho. He normally signs established veterans/players very much in their peak. 28-30~ year old range.
When he was at Real Carvalho on a free and Essien; Adebayor on loan were his only older signings(he might not have been completely responsible for their transfers). Ozil, Di Maria, Khedira, Varane, Coentrao, etc were pretty young.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
De Gea - 26
Bailly - 23
Lindelof - 22
Pogba - 24
Rashford - 19

Jones- 25
Lingard - 24
Martial - 21
Pereira - 21
Shaw - 21
Tuanzebe - 19
Mensah - 19
Gomes - 16

Herrera - 27
Mkhitaryan - 28
Rojo - 27
Smalling - 27

Carrick - 35
Valencia - 31
How dare you!? Where is our captain? snif...
I mean Mata!

Paxi

@Sly who is he like? I got a Carvalho look about him? Admittedly from YouTube videos. Obviously Carvalho had incredible positional sense etc. Something thats very difficut to pick up from highlighs.

Please tell me I'm right, cause if he is - we could have a serious player on our hands.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
When he was at Real Carvalho on a free and Essien; Adebayor on loan were his only older signings(he might not have been completely responsible for their transfers). Ozil, Di Maria, Khedira, Varane, Coentrao, etc were pretty young.
So they were, I stand corrected.
Though, the average age of the squad was a bit older than ours currently - they also had Casillas, Pepe, Kaka, Ronaldo, Arbeloa and Alonso. All of those ranged from 27-30.

Prodigy24

Delighted with this transfer, and very happy to see another swede in United! Looking forward seeing him play with Bailly and Rojo.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
This signing smells victorious. I'm really glad that he's ours.

B-Dawk

Nice to see this transfer finally going through. United has been interested for a while but complications between his old Swedish club Västerås and Benfica was one of the reasons the transfer wasn't made in January.

I think he will be a great partner to Bailly and hopefully they will be a great pairing for a long time.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
@Sly who is he like? I got a Carvalho look about him? Admittedly from YouTube videos. Obviously Carvalho had incredible positional sense etc. Something thats very difficut to pick up from highlighs.

Please tell me I'm right, cause if he is - we could have a serious player on our hands.
It's hard for me to compare him to Carvalho. He's up there with Pepe as the best ever in our football history. What i can tell is that our pundits compared him alot of times with Varane.

Paxi

It's hard for me to compare him to Carvalho. He's up there with Pepe as the best ever in our football history. What i can tell is that our pundits compared him alot of times with Varane.
Thank you. I'm not going to argue haha. Varane is good enough for me! :D

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He will be soon, marketing demands it!
You can get some Lindelof social media from his gf's Instagram. She's named Maja or something like that

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Finally!
One down, back to the Morata thread.

Iron Stove

Cool. I rate him, hope he's able to take the next step. Mourinho is great at coaching defenders so I'm hopeful.

BTW, his name is pronounced Lindeleuv, not Lindeloff

Natener

So they were, I stand corrected.
Though, the average age of the squad was a bit older than ours currently - they also had Casillas, Pepe, Kaka, Ronaldo, Arbeloa and Alonso. All of those ranged from 27-30.
And that is telling of Mourinho because...? Actually, the signings during Mourinho's term at Inter were of a wide age range too. This "Mourinho only signs established experienced players" is closer to myth than fact.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Never ever seen him play or had heard of him till rumours started. I'll make an informed decision (personal opinion) once I've seen him play a few minutes.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
I don't really see him as fighting for a spot in the first team next season, my guess he's more of a prospect. Which, considering Tuanzebe, it's a bit awkward. I was thinking Mourinho was going for a experienced almost overqualified center-back, like Bonucci or Marquinhos.

Silas

But Rojo plays as a lb in argentina, and with world cup looming he could get minutes as a lb this season.
If Mou thinks Rojo's a bad LB he isn't going to play him at LB just because he wants some practice before the WC.