Victor Lindelöf | Officially signs

MagooDad

Good read, hope in pans out - from that he sounds like the Rio to Baily's Vidic.
I'm Swedish and have followed Liga NOS and Benfica the last couple of years. He's more like Rio than Vidic, but if he reminds me of any modern player it would be Thiago Silva.

Lindelöf is extremely smart in terms of understanding where the play will go and having composure. He makes very few tackles, but that's mostly because he doesn't have to. He has enough passing and creativity skills to be able to play as a creative midfielder.

His biggest weakness is his physique - if he get's into a situation where he is overplayed, he doesn't always have the speed or agility to correct the situation. However in Liga NOS it never happened this season, against Dortmund it happened a couple of times. Also his heading skills are poor for a centre back.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I'm Swedish and have followed Liga NOS and Benfica the last couple of years. He's more like Rio than Vidic, but if he reminds me of any modern player it would be Thiago Silva.

Lindelöf is extremely smart in terms of understanding where the play will go and having composure. He makes very few tackles, but that's mostly because he doesn't have to. He has enough passing and creativity skills to be able to play as a creative midfielder.

His biggest weakness is his physique - if he get's into a situation where he is overplayed, he doesn't always have the speed or agility to correct the situation. However in Liga NOS it never happened this season, against Dortmund it happened a couple of times. Also his heading skills are poor for a centre back.
I thought his headed clearences were decent. Played well vs France. Still developing too.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

How is this guy Wilkins allowed to be called an expert?
The funny thing is that as a player, Wilkins moved to AC Milan with nothing to show apart from an FA cup medal and he was horrible there.

NYAS

Can someone tweet Maja to join him at Carrington tomorrow please :drool:

Acole9

Outstanding

How is this guy Wilkins allowed to be called an expert?
First Merson's rant about Marco Silva and now this? There's either a lot of xenophobia in football punditry or simply a lack of knowledge.

Red4Life_#7

Agreed about this. For instance, I'd never thought that Pique could become the main CB for one of the greatest team of all time. He's also become the backbone of Spain NT to win WC and EUROs.
Different style of football. I think Pique would have a much harder time in the EPL.... he would definitely be tested more.

seaNNN

my posts are shite but my gobbles are alright

Sounds like he may have it in him to be our holding midfielder going by what your saying? Just a thought.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Sweden got a CB injured in the second half and he was the only CB on the bench, but it was a midfielder who instead played there so I think United had a word before this game!
Agree. A mutual agreement between the player, Swedish FA & United.

jesperjaap

He is awful - can't stand listening to him drone on and on calling everyone "young man".
Think its the booze. He used to speak sense and seemed well respected. Seems to talk garbage the last few years though. Shame, he was a really good player.