Victor Osimhen

DevTheRed

For the money there’s definitely better strikers out there. I’d rather get Jonathan David or Ivan Toney for less.

ti vu

For the money there’s definitely better strikers out there. I’d rather get Jonathan David or Ivan Toney for less.
Who is this 100mil market value better striker?

Toney wouldn't be cheap buying from PL club. He's not exactly better Tammy Abraham, which is level below Osimhen.

As much as I rate Jonathan David he's nowhere developed enough. In seller market (this close to the end of transfer window), he would also cost handsome.

Orange Tree

A loan with option to buy would be all right I guess.

Think he is another overhyped player from Napoli just like Koulibaly. But he would still be better than Cristiano who wants out.

NotThatSoph

Let's talk in 7 days and see if he signed. Or Antony.

How is De Jong doing in red shirt? Tearing up the place, yet?

Glazer propaganda machine (which they are not even denying) is alive and well, thanks to GullibleCaf Inc
Antony looks to be happening. €100m, added to the €70m Casemiro fee. If Antony signs, will that make you evaluate any of your beliefs?

redNATION

The problem is there’s a lack of shortage of good strikers currently, Real still rely on Benzema , Barca settled for 34 year old Lewndowski, Liverpool paid over the odds for Nunez.

Teams that have even half decent strikers at a young age are in a strong position, and are entitled to name their price. Utd obviously didn’t factor in Greenwood being a complete a*s so it’s going to cost 100m to get someone in.

ti vu

Sorry, but where on earth do they get this idea we'll pay 10 million quid to get rid of a player who's signature we own and only has one year left and that the manager is not fussed about losing? Mendes must be having some strange dreams at the moment if that's true.
The idea is that, if it's true, Napoli needs a replacement, or they wouldn't sell. They can't afford Ronaldo wage, or it breaks their wage structure for good.

So if we want to sign their striker, and to dump Ronaldo, then we have to find solution in their favor.

I'm neutral in this. Good if this transfer goes through. Doesn't get worse if nothing happens.

It is what it is. The damage was long delivered with our shit Football Director, who failed to assess the squad himself. Leave it to last minute after EtH CS,e to similar conclusion about the state of the squad. So late in the window, that ensures panic shopping (again) with very few options available.

Last edited:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Doubt this happens now. Once Antony goes through we’ll have spent £210m net. It would take half of that again to get him out of Naples.

avgp_1

Thought Id share this match comps from against Milan, for people to have a better judge on him in bigger games. I watched this game and there was no support from his teammates at all in this game as Milan complete shut them out. But it was just him on his own against Kalulu and Timori, who are perhaps the most PL like defenders in Serie A he would come across and he took the battle to them. Didnt score but put himself about.

croadyman

Thought Id share this match comps from against Milan, for people to have a better judge on him in bigger games. I watched this game and there was no support from his teammates at all in this game as Milan complete shut them out. But it was just him on his own against Kalulu and Timori, who are perhaps the most PL like defenders in Serie A he would come across and he took the battle to them. Didnt score but put himself about.

We need someone like him willing to take fight

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
We definitely need someone like him when we’re still so bad at playing through the press and Ten Hag likes to mix in direct football anyway. Well worth paying a fortune to close that gap for years to come.
You rate him?

TsuWave

I can’t help watch him and think he looks a bit shit on the ball

don’t want, we have players who can run in behind it’s the other style of forward we need
not even a bit shit. he looks awful on the ball

Abraxas

The idea is that, if it's true, Napoli needs a replacement, or they wouldn't sell. They can't afford Ronaldo wage, or it breaks their wage structure for good.

So if we want to sign their striker, and to dump Ronaldo, then we have to find solution in their favor.

I'm neutral in this. Good if this transfer goes through. Doesn't worse if nothing happens. The damage was long delivered with our shit Football Director, who failed to assess the squad himself. LeAve it at last minute after EtH to come to similar conclusion about the state of the squad, so late in the window, for us to panic shopping (again) with very few options available.
I just think it's totally made up and I don't think even we would be stupid enough to go for it.

Paying 10 million to facilitate the whims of a player that wishes to break his own contract when it only has one year to go is not making any sense to me. That would be pathetically weak.

If the worst comes to the worst we can tell him to get his backside into the reserves for a few weeks and wait for him to come crawling back for a game of football. He can't go a year without football, for the sake of his own vanity and brand. Cristiano Ronaldo cannot simply fade into obscurity. We just need to play our cards effectively and not be bullied.

The best case scenario for Cristiano Ronaldo should be us being kind enough to release him for pastures new. We shouldn't be getting bent over by him or other clubs.

ti vu

I just think it's totally made up and I don't think even we would be stupid enough to go for it.

Paying 10 million to facilitate the whims of a player that wishes to break his own contract when it only has one year to go is not making any sense to me. That would be pathetically weak.

If the worst comes to the worst we can tell him to get his backside into the reserves for a few weeks and wait for him to come crawling back for a game of football. He can't go a year without football, for the sake of his own vanity and brand. Cristiano Ronaldo cannot simply fade into obscurity. We just need to play our cards effectively and not be bullied.
The point is we're weak. No point in acting tough. Not selling to anyone right now, until result on the pitch speaks for itself. One of the best option available requires "replacement condition" as I explained.

With brand players, it's not as black and white. A club that doesn't handle brands well, then sponsors would not be as willing to invest big sponsor contracts.

Benching Ronaldo, using him as sub is as far as you can do in this situation. Going any further destroying "brands" is actually self harming the club. It's similar Barcelona Zlatan situation. Same reason we used to sell our players under market value when they anyhow crossed SAF. Cut our loss, and move on.

Let's leave this Ronaldo off topic thing here, not to detail the thread further. Agree to disagree if we don't see it the same way.

saik

I still think Broja is the most attainable of the lot this late in the window, even more so if Chelsea sign both Auba and Gordon.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
This is fecking dreadful video for a player we’re ‘apparently’ willing to spend a record amount on AND subsidise Ronaldo’s wages for the selling club… We’re absolute mugs if it’s true
He's a number nine and it's a goal and assist compilation. Haalands wont look much different. He has all the attributes of a modern 9; strong, fast, finishing, heading, link up play, Maybe you prefer Nkunku or Schick but they're all elite striker prospects.

mav_9me

I don't know how much he is worth but his style of play is what we need IMO. Drogba style.

Tarrou

He's a number nine and it's a goal and assist compilation. Haalands wont look much different. He has all the attributes of a modern 9; strong, fast, finishing, heading, link up play, Maybe you prefer Nkunku or Schick but they're all elite striker prospects.
he looks decent but feck me its a lot of money for decent

I think I'd rather pick up Memphis and save the striker budget for next summer

BorisManUtd

Doubt this happens now. Once Antony goes through we’ll have spent £210m net. It would take half of that again to get him out of Naples.
Yeah, no chance his happens this summer. Cheap striker and perhaps Dubravka probably what we can afford now after Antony.

Abraxas

The point is we're weak. No point in acting tough. Not selling to anyone right now, until result on the pitch speaks for itself. One of the best option available requires "replacement condition" as I explained.

With brand players, it's not as black and white. A club that doesn't handle brands well, then sponsors would not be as willing to invest big sponsor contracts.

Benching Ronaldo, using him as sub is as far as you can do in this situation. Going any further destroying "brands" is actually self harming the club. It's similar Barcelona Zlatan situation. Same reason we used to sell our players under market value when they anyhow crossed SAF. Cut our loss, and move on.

Let's leave this Ronaldo off topic thing here, not to detail the thread further. Agree to disagree if we don't see it the same way.
I don't think it's that off topic since this deal is apparently contingent on the Ronaldo situation. Saying the point is we're weak isn't a strong point. That is a mindset that ensures we remain so indefinitely. The new CEO can show something different.

Okay, putting him in with the kids was a slight exaggeration, that would be silly. But I believe what ETH is already doing is fine. I don't see that him being a brand player is a major concern or that it will have any impact on sponsors to bench Ronaldo for however many weeks it takes for him to get over his ridiculous temper tantrum. Its like a toddler, once they realise the possibility for getting the new toy is absolutely gone, the process of adjusting to a new reality has to begin.

Benching is a likely short term sporting decision, sponsorships are medium to long term strategic decisions so conflating the two exaggerates the significance of Ronaldo's player power. Our own sponsors also need strong clubs and if we make poor financial and sporting decisions it is not a good association. I think paying players off for not being professional or fulfilling their obligations is poor.

mav_9me

Only way I can see this is, Ronaldo to Napoli and us loaning Osihmen with guaranteed buy next year at 100m€

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
he looks decent but feck me its a lot of money for decent

I think I'd rather pick up Memphis and save the striker budget for next summer
I'm with you he doesn't seem to have the x factor you want in someone that expensive but I do think he has very good intangibles based on the few youtube videos I've watched. :wenger:

TheReligion

Abusive
Let's talk in 7 days and see if he signed. Or Antony.

How is De Jong doing in red shirt? Tearing up the place, yet?

Glazer propaganda machine (which they are not even denying) is alive and well, thanks to GullibleCaf Inc
The Antony bit aged well!