Victor Osimhen

Jacob

What if the Glazers saved all the dividends for this moment, as a post-Covid pick-me-up for the fans? :lol:

prateik

How's that not relevant ? If it's a loan with obligation, we end up paying that next year.
Ah.. right.. I read that wrong and thought you were talking about Ronaldo going over on a loan..
I hadnt heard anything about Osimhen being a loan with buy obligation .. I thought we were supposedly buying him this summer and sending Ronaldo on loan..

kode

I reach a point of hating Glazer such as if they even paid 200M on a player (if the player is fitting what ETH needs) then I would ignore the cost.I would not care at all. Its about choosing whether the money goes to Glazers pocket or to trying to strengthen our team.

Judas

Open to offers
What if the Glazers saved all the dividends for this moment, as a post-Covid pick-me-up for the fans? :lol:
Much better ways of spunking daft money to be fair. It would be a baffling signing. It's not like he's some superstar either. Think its typical Napoli bollocks.

hobbers

Paying 100m euros for a btec Tammy Abraham would certainly be something special.

bosskeano

that would be the most ludicrous deal of the century....pay 130m to buy Victor whilst loaning them Ronaldo and pay 85% of his wages??? come on be serious who fuking comes up with this bullshit

Shai-Hulud

This story seems to be coming entirely from Ronaldo's agent.

I wouldn't mind seeing Osimhen here for a halfway sane fee, but I don't think it's happening. No one else has even linked us to him.

prateik

that would be the most ludicrous deal of the century....pay 130m to buy Victor whilst loaning them Ronaldo and pay 85% of his wages??? come on be serious who fuking comes up with this bullshit
The Italian press... and De Laurentiis.. both full of shit..

Giggsy13

If Napoli are prepared to do a loan for Osinhem with an option or obligation to buy then why not?

Darlington Padgett

Should've tried to get Fabian Ruiz instead, made more sense and more realistic considering Osimhen's price tag.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If they are going to make up with stuff, they ought to have the balls to go bigger -- $130 for Osim, 85% of Ronaldo's salary and then Bruno for free.

prateik

If Napoli are prepared to do a loan for Osinhem with an option or obligation to buy then why not?
A 100+ m obligation is a big decision.. if its an option, then sure..
Also, why would we give them Ronaldo for free and cover his wages?

If Napoli want a deal, they can swap Osimhen with Ronaldo.. both parent clubs pay the salary (we basically dont pay a loan fee for a striker) and have an option to buy.. or an obligation if he scores something like 25-30 goals ..

Anything less would be ridiculous .

Trequarista10

Even though I want Osimhen here and Ronaldo gone, Napoli can get fecked. I'd rather tell them to piss off and suffer for another season.

Paying 85% of Ronaldo's wage would be £22m, so that's valuing Osimhen at £133m. Give me Depay for £8m in that case. If Ronaldo wants to leave so bad he can take an 85% pay cut himself. We don't have to give him away, if he wants to leave he can request his contract is terminated or he can sit on the bench and get the occasional Europa League run out. Absolutely no reason we should be pandering to this shit.

croadyman

Even though I want Osimhen here and Ronaldo gone, Napoli can get fecked. I'd rather tell them to piss off and suffer for another season.

Paying 85% of Ronaldo's wage would be £22m, so that's valuing Osimhen at £133m. Give me Depay for £8m in that case. If Ronaldo wants to leave so bad he can take an 85% pay cut himself. We don't have to give him away, if he wants to leave he can request his contract is terminated or he can sit on the bench and get the occasional Europa League run out. Absolutely no reason we should be pandering to this shit.
Yeah money involved here is totally nuts

Crashoutcassius

He is a 100m player if Antony is. They paid 70 for him and we have just shown that price tag is not relevant to us. He is top ten strikers in the world I believe.

I'd take Ronaldo and 100m out right away, but the idea that we pick up Ronaldos wage even for one season is a joke.

Really is that we have already spent more than we ever have net so deals like this are pure fantasy

ShamrockD

Supports
Panathinaikos
Do you believe we will have a bigger pool of strikers in the next summer? I guess only Nkunku, and who says he chooses us? Most top options have moved during this year.

This is a good opportunity for a loan with obligation to buy, since I doubt they would discuss an option to buy.

I also do not want to pay any salaries of Ronaldo, but if it is a mutual agreement, such as a reduction from him, Napoli a portion and us a smaller portion I would be fine. It is just one year.

Guys, the alternative is to keep an unhappy Ronaldo (and pay either way his salaries), who will disrupt our locker room and we just have Martial upfront who is unreliable. Osimhen is an exciting prospect, and the strikers nowadays go for 100m for fun.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
There's not a chance in hell this transfer goes through, we've done our business. Dubravka, Memphis for cheap is a possibility if Ronaldo leaves... That's it.

TsuWave

I’m praying with everything I have that we don’t do this. fecking hell

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No way we are spending another 100 mil this summer, unless it's on DeJong
That's not even the issue. Why on earth would be pay 85 per cent of Ronaldo's already absurd wages. Why not just keep him on instead, he can sulk all he wants

Giggsy13

That's not even the issue. Why on earth would be pay 85 per cent of Ronaldo's already absurd wages. Why not just keep him on instead, he can sulk all he wants
It seems his attitude is draining and disruptive to a squad with already brittle confidence. May be worth just letting him go.