Victor Osimhen

Jimmah

Todays gossip mentions that Chelsea are in for Osimhen in the summer.. of course they are

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Didn’t Napoli spend £70m on him? No way they let him go for £100m. I’d imagine a figure closer to £150m will be closer to the truth
There are quotation marks around that 70m figure.

The deal has long been a cause of controversy, as the official €70m transfer plus €10m in bonuses fee was only circa €50m in cash, the other €20m made up of goalkeeper Orestis Karnezis and three youth team players Luigi Liguori, Claudio Manzi and Ciro Palmieri.

The value of the youth team players immediately raised eyebrows, because they were given vastly inflated prices on the transfer market.

This caused even more controversy when the three players never actually wore the Lille jersey, as they were immediately loaned out to Serie C sides and their contracts were simply terminated a year later free of charge.

The players went to the media complaining the deal had ruined their careers and they were used as pawns in a larger transaction used to bolster the finances of both Napoli and Lille.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Every source that is somewhat reliable on my twitter feed says they are not going to sell him this summer.

zaafi

Didn’t Napoli spend £70m on him? No way they let him go for £100m. I’d imagine a figure closer to £150m will be closer to the truth
They spent £66m on him so £100m when his contract expires in 2 years isn't very unlikely. I imagine a bit more and they'll let him go. They can buy some 2-3 really good players with that, especially with their transfer strategy.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Osimhen, Kane, Vlahovic or move Rashford to striker. There are plenty choices.

davidmichael

I think they'd hypothetically take Antony's place as first choice right forward, with Antony as rotation/bench option, meaning there'd still be plenty of room for a top CF.
I thought that too but then with Rashford, Sancho, Garnacho and Antony already as wide options and a need for a diverse fluid striker I think it’d be more likely they’d be used up top along with a new striker and Martial being moved on due to never being fit for more than a week.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Every source that is somewhat reliable on my twitter feed says they are not going to sell him this summer.
When has a selling club ever admitted they're going to sell?

The Napoli owner isn't stupid. Of course he wants to keep his best players, but he also doesn't want to lose good money. They'll sell to the highest bidder this summer and probably get 100m Euros.

Wait 1 more year and they'd get half that.

Rolaholic

Most in form forward in Europe right now along with our star no.10

BuzzKillington

The CAF experts that wanted Nunez and Scamacca over the summer are the ones that are saying that Osimhen isn't good enough technically for United.
I’ve heard the CAF experts who wanted Cody Gakpo and thought €100m on Antony was worth it are the ones saying €150m Osimhen will be a success in the PL. Don’t ask me to provide any evidence of this though as I just made it up.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
he will be so deadly on the end of our midfields passing. We have to get it done.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
How the feck has he scored from there? That's even more improbable than the Rashford one last night. :eek:

bosskeano

keep it on frame and you never know what happens.....but that's bloody poor keeping