Victor Osimhen

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
People thinking he was going for 120 million is deluded.

Kane on his last year on contract is literally half the price of this guy.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I say we look elsewhere. This Napoli chairman is Daniel Levy mk2, he'll want as much as possible for Osimen. 150m and no less, which imho is far too much, even if we have qatari investment.

-Supreme-

Let’s see if they will do another Koulibaly by asking a 28-29 year old CB for 100m back then, and they were fortunate to get a decent fee from Chelsea last summer.

BuzzKillington

He just reminds me of Lukaku when I watch him or look at his stats. Good finisher, header and dribbler, but gives the ball away too often, can’t pass a ball 5 yards and has an inconsistent first touch.

I’d probably have him in a pinch due to lack of many other viable options, but at around a third of what Napoli are asking for him. A quick look at that lumbering oaf chelsea signed from Napoli who was being touted for £100m a couple of seasons ago should give anybody in here pause for thought on this transfer.

It’s like the Antony transfer all over again. An ok player who’d be a reasonable signing at a more modest fee but, who’s vastly overpriced.

zaafi

I say we look elsewhere. This Napoli chairman is Daniel Levy mk2, he'll want as much as possible for Osimen. 150m and no less, which imho is far too much, even if we have qatari investment.
You don't ask €150m for a striker whose contract expires in 2025, has just been a big factor in winning Napoli's first Serie A since 1990 and wants to leave the club. That is very unlikely to be the case. Personally I can see him going for around €115m which is about £102m. Maybe a bit more. He has had a consistent development and is way better than he was when he first joined Napoli so it's only natural they will ask for more money than they paid for him, but they need to keep in mind that if they ask for an absurd sum of money that no one is going to pay, they risk having to sell him for a lot cheaper the next year or even losing him for free in two.

Vapor trail

He's the guy to get. Brilliant striker, Kane is most likely definitely signing a new contract with Spurs. Levy through media channels is said to be unwilling to sell to a league rival. Even if Harry does run his contract down it's January 2024 where negotiations will begin. United will not wait until then to get a striker. It will be Osimhen, Mouani and perhaps Vlahovic as front runners.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
22/23Biceps femoris muscle injury32 days6
21/22Muscular problems2 days-
21/22Corona virus11 days2
21/22Cheekbone Fracture54 days12
21/22Calf Strain7 days2
20/21Head Injury11 days3
20/21Corona virus21 days6
20/21Shoulder Injury62 days14
17/18Shoulder Injury79 days5
17/18Shoulder Injury35 days5
17/18Calf Problems14 days2
16/17Meniscal Injury178 days?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
21/22Calf Strain7 days2
20/21Head Injury11 days3
That doesn't look bad at all to be honest?

Cheekbone and shoulder injuries are just bad luck. The rest isn't over the top

Bebestation

That doesn't look bad at all to be honest?

Cheekbone and shoulder injuries are just bad luck. The rest isn't over the top
All Injuries are bad luck to be honest.

The way Osihmen plays with pace and pressing isn’t going to leave him exactly injury free either.

Santos J

Is he just unlucky or the next Martial in training?
It's not that bad really over the past couple years since his shoulder one, the cheekbone fracture was unfortunate but happened because of a clash of heads so not really an indication of ongoing problems

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
21/22Calf Strain7 days2
20/21Head Injury11 days3
The cheekbone injury and catching Covid twice is bad luck.

The shoulder injury I'd be more curious about, though it's been a while since that reared up.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
All Injuries are bad luck to be honest.

The way Osihmen plays with pace and pressing isn’t going to leave him exactly injury free either.
Sure, but repeat muscle injuries can be a sign of a weakness or general wimpiness.

I don't think that is the case with Osimhen though. The longest he's missed is 1 month with a bicep injury, which shouldn't be a big problem going forwards.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
21/22Calf Strain7 days2
20/21Head Injury11 days3
Most of his injuries are shoulder and part of his head injuries. Last season only missed 2 games while the other games that he missed were due to corona and cheekbone, while this season missed 6 games. There is lot of improvement in his injury record.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Most of his injuries are shoulder and part of his head injuries. Last season only missed 2 games while the other games that he missed were due to corona and cheekbone, while this season missed 6 games. There is lot of improvement in his injury record.
I don’t disagree. I’d want to get that shoulder checked out fully in the medical though

Ceteris

If he "who's name cannot be mentioned" is allowed back do we need to spend that much on this guy?

His touch looks clumsy to me and we need to factor in that he plays in seria A

footballbite

If he "who's name cannot be mentioned" is allowed back do we need to spend that much on this guy?

His touch looks clumsy to me and we need to factor in that he plays in seria A
I think they'd hypothetically take Antony's place as first choice right forward, with Antony as rotation/bench option, meaning there'd still be plenty of room for a top CF.

Zoo

Good analysis in this Twitter thread.

NLunited

Well, it was reported Haaland cost 85.6m (his release clause + agent fees + player/father fees). His salary is 19.5m per year and if we consider it as City pay his salary for five years then it has potential cost of 183.1m in total. Haaland transfer fees/release clause might be look cheap but his wages, agent fees, and player/father fees are crazily high.
https://www.si.com/soccer/mancheste...haalands-actual-release-clause-value-revealed

Assume Osimhen total cost 130m pounds (transfer fees + agent/player fees). His salary that we offer is 200k pw which is 10.4m per year for 5 years contract. Then it has potential cost of 182m in total.

Not really a double price. Although, it is still lot of money and I think we should just walk away if it's more than 105m or 110m pounds.
And you think he is as good as Haaland?

Nah it’s too much, bad business we should keep looking.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
And you think he is as good as Haaland?

Nah it’s too much, bad business we should keep looking.
Haaland deal had release clause. Without release clause, Dortmund would ask minimum triple transfer fees.

Bebestation

I think they'd hypothetically take Antony's place as first choice right forward, with Antony as rotation/bench option, meaning there'd still be plenty of room for a top CF.
Playing 2 invereted forwards with no centtral link up would be stupid. This is why when Rashford is sttriker we played playmakers like sancho & antony to play him on goal. It would be the same with osihmen. Hes too similair to central rashford for me.

MUFC OK

I like Kolo Muani better. Feel like his dribbling, passing and hold up play is very good but Osihmen looks like a better goal scorer. Kolo Muani with some of Benny McCarthy’s finishing coaching could be great in my opinion.
I just had the exact same idea. Think this guy could be an absolute beast for us - he'd be my choice along with Osimhen. Btw, Kolo Muani has not been injured in his career to date.

croadyman

Yep Haaland knew he needed that or he would have been at Dortmund for extra two years.

Anyway sooo
City sell us Haaland
City buy Osimhen
Kane stays at Tottenham
All good
Still a chance City actually get punished in the next year or so and he wants a way out,that door is always open Haaland

footballbite

Playing 2 invereted forwards with no centtral link up would be stupid. This is why when Rashford is sttriker we played playmakers like sancho & antony to play him on goal. It would be the same with osihmen. Hes too similair to central rashford for me.
Utd play "playmakers like sancho & antony" when Rashford is the striker because you have no other options!!

As long as the striker is decent enough at hold-up play eg Kane or Ramos, then it wouldn't be "stupid" - Real Madrid sometimes play with Rodrygo and Vinicius either side of Benzema; Spurs have Son and Kulusevski either side of Kane; Arsenal with Martinelli and Saka either side of Jesus.

It wouldn't be much different.

Klean

The CAF experts that wanted Nunez and Scamacca over the summer are the ones that are saying that Osimhen isn't good enough technically for United.