Victor Osimhen

Cloud7

Lukaku used to be a beast in Serie A too. Kane is PL proven. Both of them have their pros and cons, I would take the cheaper one to save as many as we can for the other areas we clearly need.
Lukaku was PL proven when we signed him

Stadjer

That's extreme. He was already a very good player when Napoli got him. The one aspect of his game that has significantly changed is his becoming so dominant in the air.
The caf is not known for being patient. New signings and young players are written off after a few bad games. Osimhen scored 10 goals in his first Napoli season. Had he done that at Manchester United he would be considered a failure and disliked. When a player is disliked/hated by a caf member it takes something special to come back from that. Rashford managed to come from it by being amazing part of this season but ever since he dropped off people are willing to sell him again.

Look at Antony. He is a already written off and hated by quite a few people.

They bought him for 80m, and he's not the same player as he was two years ago. He's been allowed to develop his game peacefully, which the caf would never have let him. He'd be hated by now if we'd bought him two years ago.
This is 100% true.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Why do people think Toney would be cheap? He plays for a top side of the table PL team last I checked, those clubs don't sell their tea for cheap...

Though given people are talking about throwing 50/60 millions on Hojlund, i guess maybe i just have a different perspective on cheap...
Because he’s going to get 6 months banned at some point due to the betting involvement.

Red00012

I’m sure if a club come in with an offer north of £100 million he might have a change of heart.

zaafi

That's extreme. He was already a very good player when Napoli got him. The one aspect of his game that has significantly changed is his becoming so dominant in the air.
He was a 20 year old talent playing for Lille, scoring 13 league goals in his season for them, then went on to score 10 league goals for Napoli in his first season and 14 in his second. Those numbers are very underwhelming, in my opinion, especially when you consider the level in these leagues compared to Premier League. Even some of his goals this season are a result of bad defending, and while awful defending also happens in Premier League, it is generally much better.
We'd be insane to pay what Napoli are asking, even if we're in need of a striker badly.

He is insane aerially, though, and he's become much better in that aspect, but even his own manager said he expects more from Osimhen and that he needs to learn to work with his team mates. I really like him, but we shouldn't pay €150m for someone who relies that much on service from his team mates.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Because he’s going to get 6 months banned at some point due to the betting involvement.
Which wouldn't change Brentford's valuation much and only make him more expensive since you might be spending money for a player you won't have...

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Which wouldn't change Brentford's valuation much and only make him more expensive since you might be spending money for a player you won't have...
His contract is up to 2025 and he’s going to miss 6 months. Brentford is technically only going to have him for a year and half before he becomes free agent.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
His contract is up to 2025 and he’s going to miss 6 months. Brentford is technically only going to have him for a year and half before he becomes free agent.
Why would any club want to spend any money on him if he's going to miss 6 months?

The Original

The caf is not known for being patient. New signings and young players are written off after a few bad games. Osimhen scored 10 goals in his first Napoli season. Had he done that at Manchester United he would be considered a failure and disliked. When a player is disliked/hated by a caf member it takes something special to come back from that. Rashford managed to come from it by being amazing part of this season but ever since he dropped off people are willing to sell him again.

Look at Antony. He is a already written off and hated by quite a few people.
He was a 20 year old talent playing for Lille, scoring 13 league goals in his season for them, then went on to score 10 league goals for Napoli in his first season and 14 in his second. Those numbers are very underwhelming, in my opinion, especially when you consider the level in these leagues compared to Premier League. Even some of his goals this season are a result of bad defending, and while awful defending also happens in Premier League, it is generally much better.
We'd be insane to pay what Napoli are asking, even if we're in need of a striker badly.

He is insane aerially, though, and he's become much better in that aspect, but even his own manager said he expects more from Osimhen and that he needs to learn to work with his team mates. I really like him, but we shouldn't pay €150m for someone who relies that much on service from his team mates.
That's actually:

- 13 goals for Lille in 24 games in his first season
- 10 goals for Napoli in 27 games in his first season

You're saying the CAF would hate a 22/23 year old scoring a goal every two games in his first season in a new league? You only have to look at Martial to see how much grace is extended to young, promising players. Anthony is obviously nowhere near as productive.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Wrong info and linking buying a striker to us spending on a much needed defender? Huh? Talk about whinging for whingings sake.
I thought he cost Napoli 80m?
They've spent 75 Mil Euro on him
They bought him for 80m, and he's not the same player as he was two years ago. He's been allowed to develop his game peacefully, which the caf would never have let him. He'd be hated by now if we'd bought him two years ago.
Get your facts right.
Alright I meant Lille for fecks sake. I did say two years ago.

Giggsyking

He can plan however he wants, there is only one way this is going, the player leaving. He has only 2 years left and the player wants to play in PL. Next year with one year let in his contract he will have to sell him for fractions of his value now.

next_number_seven

I would prefer Kvaradona and keep Rashford and Martial as strikers.
Maybe Greenwood also but I'm not sure he'll be back.

Baxquux

He can plan however he wants, there is only one way this is going, the player leaving. He has only 2 years left and the player wants to play in PL. Next year with one year let in his contract he will have to sell him for fractions of his value now.
Gamble is that Osimhen almost guarantees them competitiveness next season and chance for 2nd title, then, even with 1 year left, if he's hit similar figures they can pit bidders against each other and get a 9 figure sum. Probability is still that at least 2 of the big sides will be chasing a striker next season. Plus, for better or worse, Napoli's sale strategy seems to be a little like Levy's where they'd rather risk losing more down the line than be exposed as a weak seller when they still have leverage and have this affect prices they can ask in the future.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Wonder how much he'll actually push to move this summer? Coming off that title win and adored by the Napoli fans, waiting around for another year is hardly the end of the world from his POV. Also wonder who might be interested next summer?

Sir Erik ten Hag

Wonder how much he'll actually push to move this summer? Coming off that title win and adored by the Napoli fans, waiting around for another year is hardly the end of the world from his POV. Also wonder who might be interested next summer?
We will be interested in him next summer too. Even if we get Harry Kane, he isn't gonna get younger.

zaafi

That's actually:

- 13 goals for Lille in 24 games in his first season
- 10 goals for Napoli in 27 games in his first season

You're saying the CAF would hate a 22/23 year old scoring a goal every two games in his first season in a new league? You only have to look at Martial to see how much grace is extended to young, promising players. Anthony is obviously nowhere near as productive.
Lukaku scored a goal every two games for us, and I'd say he was disliked.

And yes, scoring 10 goals over 27 matches is far from impressive. That's the kind of numbers we expect from a striker if we're aiming to be top 6. Besides, those were his numbers from much weaker leagues, and he would likely find it harder to score in the PL.

Martial was one of the biggest talents around at the time we signed him with exceptional technique, dribbling and close control. He scored a fantastic goal in his debut against Liverpool at the age of 19. He was a much bigger talent than Osimhen and more naturally gifted, but his attitude and mentality has let him down.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Keeping Osimhen means they will likely win the Serie A and go fairly deep in the CL again next season, and you're overstating it when saying a 'fraction' of his value. Napoli also have history of keeping the players they want to keep unless they are offered truly huge amounts of money. Osimhen is young enough and they had enough success this season that he probably won't push too hard to leave right now either.

He definitely could be sold, but I'd say there's probably at least a 50% chance that he'll still be at Napoli next season. Really depends on just how high the buying clubs are willing to go and I wouldn't be surprised if nobody goes high enough.

dinostar77

You'd be mental to try to buy him this summer. His value couldnt be higher. Napoli's first serie A title since el diego thanks to his goals.

Napoli wont sell not unless someone offers cica €150mil. Even then does he want to leave? Or does he want to stay and try to defend Napoli's title?

Also if Napoli have a disasterous defence of the title or players get complacent, his value could come down. Especially if he doesnt hit the heights of this season.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Also if Napoli have a disasterous defence of the title or players get complacent, his value could come down. Especially if he doesnt hit the heights of this season.
Then we pursue him again next summer and the CAF will scream out "1-season-wonder" :lol:

dinostar77

We wont get him or Kane if we blow CL qualification and hand it to liverpool which we seem i tend on doing. Sigh.

L1nk

I'm not sure a lot of people in this thread know that Napoli's president makes Levy look like an amateur in comparison, notoriously horrendous to deal with.

I don't think this was ever on, nevermind off. Certainly not for 150 million that they seemingly demand.

It'll be Kane, Ramos or a cheaper option is my guess.

croadyman

I'm not sure a lot of people in this thread know that Napoli's president makes Levy look like an amateur in comparison, notoriously horrendous to deal with.

I don't think this was ever on, nevermind off. Certainly not for 150 million that they seemingly demand.

It'll be Kane, Ramos or a cheaper option is my guess.
Yeah just think back to Koulibaly

Bojan Djordjic

But he’s not in as good an attack as Haaland, not getting as many big chances
There's a strong possibility that Haaland might be the greatest goal scorer most of us will ever see. He's a freak. Hojlund is not going to get as many goals as Haaland (and that's not a knock on him).

Bojan Djordjic

Lukaku scored a goal every two games for us, and I'd say he was disliked.

And yes, scoring 10 goals over 27 matches is far from impressive. That's the kind of numbers we expect from a striker if we're aiming to be top 6. Besides, those were his numbers from much weaker leagues, and he would likely find it harder to score in the PL.

Martial was one of the biggest talents around at the time we signed him with exceptional technique, dribbling and close control. He scored a fantastic goal in his debut against Liverpool at the age of 19. He was a much bigger talent than Osimhen and more naturally gifted, but his attitude and mentality has let him down.
Not sure why we're debating numbers he put up when he was 21. He's clearly kicked on proving with the comparison to Martial that development is not necessarily linear. Among the top five leagues, he's only 2nd to Haaland in goals per 90 (Osimhen doesn't take pens), third in shots/90 and is obviously excellent in the air which would benefit us in setpieces too.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I really hope he doesn't end up at another PL team. I'd be disappointed enough if we decided to opt for Kane over him as is, let alone with the risk of having to watch them both in the same league. If not us then let him go to PSG or Bayern.