Victor Osimhen

aeh1991

Any Hojlund fanboy saying Osimhens fee wasn't worth it, because he wouldn't be scoring for us, is insane.

aeh1991

Why? Do you think he would be able to do this in PL? :lol:
No, because simply he is a better striker, more experienced, further in his development and seems to have a much higher ceiling. Not because of this one clip.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I love Højlund… But he isn’t there yet.

Osimhen is a freak:

You mean he wanted to show off, lost control, slipped and somehow managed to kick the ball across? He is a great striker but this clip is in my opinion not highlighting any outstanding skills.

NoPace

Probably won't join us because we're a mess, but a perfect summer is probably Osimhen, a CM/DM, and a CB (all 23-26 years old)and maybe a young player at RB or midfield (not a #10) if the right deal comes along.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Probably won't join us because we're a mess, but a perfect summer is probably Osimhen, a CM/DM, and a CB (all 23-26 years old)and maybe a young player at RB or midfield (not a #10) if the right deal comes along.
How is Osimhen injury record now? Got the vibe he's sort of made of glass in Italy.

Telsim

A confirmed frogger now. Unfathomably based. I suddenly want him here.

tomaldinho1

Any Hojlund fanboy saying Osimhens fee wasn't worth it, because he wouldn't be scoring for us, is insane.
No one thought he wasn't worth it, most just knew our club wasn't going to pay up/Napoli were asking insane money.

aeh1991

No one thought he wasn't worth it, most just knew our club wasn't going to pay up/Napoli were asking insane money.
I think from 100m upwards, they would have negotiated. If we didn't sign Hojlund and Mount we'd have had the money to get him.

tomaldinho1

I think from 100m upwards, they would have negotiated. If we didn't sign Hojlund and Mount we'd have had the money to get him.
I remember 150m being spoken about. I agree they’d have negotiated as soon as we got close to 100m though but must have been something there our ever knowing recruitment team weren’t sold on.

Andersons Dietician

As good as he might be won’t do him any good when your team mates don’t pass to you. Kane, Lewi Ruud, Torres, Drogba, Shev would struggle up top with this lot.

If we could sort the midfield and defence to get them passing then it would be good to see what this guy could do but same could be said for Ramus. Be good to see what he could do once we rebuild that midfield and defence.

croadyman

As good as he might be won’t do him any good when your team mates don’t pass to you. Kane, Lewi Ruud, Torres, Drogba, Shev would struggle up top with this lot.

If we could sort the midfield and defence to get them passing then it would be good to see what this guy could do but same could be said for Ramus. Be good to see what he could do once we rebuild that midfield and defence.
Yeah would we even be interested although feel that €130m is reasonable

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I guess we’re throwing £100m on yet another player.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Im still not sure how I feel about the very high release clauses being introduced by clubs when it is clear the player wants out otherwise. I get protecting their financials especially when you're a relatively poor Serie A club but at the same time it also feels like it worsens the divide between clubs who can and those who cannot afford.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
May as well seeing as you can afford it,sadly by the time we can will have gone elsewhere
Can we though? I’m concerned this level of reckless spending will come back to haunt us in the near future.m, especially if we continue to flounder in midtable.

croadyman

Can we though? I’m concerned this level of reckless spending will come back to haunt us in the near future.m, especially if we continue to flounder in midtable.
Only way we have shot is if he stays there until Ratcliffe's investment comes in or manage to sell a few players in the summer

United888

His injury record is a concerning for someone that will cost more than 100m. And EPL is much more physical than Serie A and tend to have worse schedule in the end of year, wondering whether more physical competition and worse schedule will make his injury record worse?

Son

I don’t understand how Chelsea can keep doing it even with the long contracts. Surely your wage bill is now almost United’s and seemingly Chelsea earn less money than United.

Chelsea can just keep doing 100m deals while supposedly the second or third highest revenue club on the planet is paying out for FFP breaches. It doesn’t really add up to me but maybe I’m missing something.

Uniteds wage bill is a disgrace though so maybe that’s why. It’s mismanagement on a mass scale to have an awful squad on giant wages.

I still think Chelsea can turn your fortunes around quicker than us at United due to the evident larger ambitions.

I have zero clue what the ambitions are at our club so I can at least give Chelsea some credit for at least trying.

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
130m for a player that relies fully on service doesn’t make sense
I don't think that he is pure poacher who relies on service but it is not even important regarding Osimhen.
You are making your opinion based on how we look this season. But our general play will not look like this for long. Either we will start playing attacking and good football under Erik (when Lisandro, Case and Mount come back) or we will hire new manager who will make our general play right. In either way we need world class no9. And Osimhen is exactly that.

I know that we will not buy him this january but he should be absolute priority for next season.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I don't think that he is pure poacher who relies on service but it is not even important regarding Osimhen.
You are making your opinion based on how we look this season. But our general play will not look like this for long. Either we will start playing attacking and good football under Erik (when Lisandro, Case and Mount come back) or we will hire new manager who will make our general play right. In either way we need world class no9. And Osimhen is exactly that.

I know that we will not buy him this january but he should be absolute priority for next season.
I think our days of spending over 100m on a player are gone. His release clause is €130m or something like that. He’s also a little injury prone which may scare them off

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I always think we should steer well clear at that price, but then you remember we spent 60m on Mason Mount, 85m on Antony etc and then I think feck it why not.

croadyman

I always think we should steer well clear at that price, but then you remember we spent 60m on Mason Mount, 85m on Antony etc and then I think feck it why not.
Yeah he's actually worth breaking the bank for which those two definitely weren't

aeh1991

There's the problem. We made terrible big money transfers, leading to having no money left to do spend 100m on one player while we have to fix other positions. Osimhen would be worth that price definitely.