Video: I can't imagine Keano and Scholes doing THIS on eve of big game

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Shit thread. Nothing there to get riled about.

Hazing in Scholes and Keane era was worse and this is just good natured fun.

Relax.
Yeah imagine the frothing at mouths we'd have seen if videos of apprentices in tumble driers and Becks pretending to jack off to a picture of Clayton Blackmore would have surfaced in the 90s.

The particular brand of banter practised by the likes of Pogba and Lingard might not be everyone's cup of tea but this idea that players should be working on their football seven days a week from dawn until dusk is for the birds, and always has been. We're struggling at the moment so I can understand people not being in the mood for any of this kind of stuff from United players but the outrage is ridiculous.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Rather then actually win the darn thing I'd rather see our players causing all sort of misery during the WC only to end up being kicked out.

el3mel

I don't think Mata is still good enough personally, but you can see he understands when to respect the fans anger and don't write or post useless things. That's my problem with some of our prima donnas on their social media. They should understand fans don't give a flying feck about how they celebrated Lingard birthday when the team is shite. Could celebrate it without posting it to the fans.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It annoyed me at first but I'd have probably laughed at the video if it was say Evra and Park back when we had a top team and were performing on the pitch.

You need some jokers in the squad, but also some good professional characters for the right balance.

We have too many that from the outside are all about the banter (Pogba, Lingard, Jones, Shaw etc), and others just quiet characters that you can't imagine challenging eachother (Valencia, Fellaini, Matic, Mata, Darmian). When was the last time we saw any of our players having a go at each other the pitch?
We haven't had a leader since the Ibrahimovic injury.

vivaronaldo

sorry but for me youre prancing and dancing around while producing absolutely nothing on the pitch ...why didn't deschamps buy into this crap all world cup with pogba? if people think this is cool given our current predicament we issues - It clearly shows that the mind set before a big game is not there does it not??? if only he cared about playing well for his team as he does his instagram and haircuts ... jose should have put a stop to this crap a long time ago

Will Singh

Obviously there's nothing wrong with them having fun especially at Carrington after training. BUT they should also understand that when things ain't going well they should try to keep there social media a bit more constructive as this can be seen as them laughing at us paying fans while they do feck all and get paid millions

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
These young players think They can dye and style their hair however They want and dance for social media.
I have nothing to say other than Minoxidil when you're 40.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
They are free to post what they want. I am free to disrespect them. Look at Mata. He respects the fans unlike those attention whoring dancers.

beingshe7don

This thread is another one of those trying to deflect the blame on someone else and making a player a scapegoat who didn't even play the match when in actuality he is our best outfield player by far whose proven his worth by winning the world cup not too long ago.

Such a stupid thread...

el3mel

This thread is another one of those trying to deflect the blame on someone else and making a player a scapegoat who didn't even play the match when in actuality he is our best outfield player by far whose proven his worth by winning the world cup not too long ago.

Such a stupid thread...
Lingard is the one taking most of the shots and rightly so, not Pogba. Even though it's still stupid anyway. No one prevented them from celebrating his birthday, but don't be morons and put it on social media as if the fans are giving flying feck about it while the team is shite. We only want them to respect the fans anger about state of the team like what Mata did.

This generation of players is more boys than men.

flappyjay

Went back and watched some individual performances from his Juve days. Take the match v Barcelona for instance. My God he's a luxury waste of space in that team. I fell for it. I watched these compilations and believed the hype his brand management has put together over the years. He is immensely talented but he is such a self indulgent footballer . He will probably mature when he's 30 and have a season or two of being an actually complete midfielder with the consistency we are asking for. Til then his ego probably rules especially with so many fans eating it up. Dab dab dab.

I agree with this in principle. It's tough - on the one hand I'm almost glad to see Pogba smiling. It makes me worry less about the nonstop rumor mill about him being unhappy and leaving United. But it's a matter of timing. Why not have waited to put this out after a resounding win instead? The fans are suffering. There's no doubt there. We want the players to be counter to the image Mourinho keeps going on about. And yet, when something like this comes out it's...sigh.

Football at the top level requires physical and mental preparation. Our top players don't seem to have that.
Because that was the day of his mates Birthday. If we he had waited the complaint would be that they are dancing around after a loss to our fiercest rivals. It's a lose-lose situation

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Is it racism to think it is okay to drink before games ala Rooney or Keane because that is compatible with Anglo culture and therefore forgivable but think it is not okay with dancing and being ‘bling’ which is more young black culture?

I mention this because when I mentioned that Keane had done far worse before games and has admitted it on several occasions - no one batted an eyelid.

Now no one is saying that Keane wasn’t more professional on the pitch than a Pogba - but this is the same man who walked out on his national team or more accurately had a huge fall out with his manager because things weren’t to his liking and not up to scratch - yet when World Cup winning Pogba feels that the manager at United isn’t up to scratch he’s a villain. Keane didn’t just suck it up and just focus on his duties on the pitch. He let it get to him. Just like Pogba has let Mourinho get to him.

For all the bullshit about Lukaku in past few days, if you want to see casual racism in action and hypocrisy - the Pogba situation demonstrates it in absolute spades. The fact our so called great fan base finds it so easy to say feck off Pogba vs feck off Mourinho when the latter is far more to blame for our current predicament blows my mind. If we had a black manager in charge - one wonders if they would be as loyal...

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Is it racism to think it is okay to drink before games ala Rooney or Keane because that is compatible with Anglo culture and therefore forgivable but think it is not okay with dancing and being ‘bling’ which is more young black culture?

I mention this because when I mentioned that Keane had done far worse before games and has admitted it on several occasions - no one batted an eyelid.

Now no one is saying that Keane wasn’t more professional on the pitch than a Pogba - but this is the same man who walked out on his national team or more accurately had a huge fall out with his manager because things weren’t to his liking and not up to scratch - yet when World Cup winning Pogba feels that the manager at United isn’t up to scratch he’s a villain. Keane didn’t just suck it up and just focus on his duties on the pitch. He let it get to him. Just like Pogba has let Mourinho get to him.

For all the bullshit about Lukaku in past few days, if you want to see casual racism in action and hypocrisy - the Pogba situation demonstrates it in absolute spades. The fact our so called great fan base finds it so easy to say feck off Pogba vs feck off Mourinho when the latter is far more to blame for our current predicament blows my mind. If we had a black manager in charge - one wonders if they would be as loyal...
To be fair a lot of the same people are lapping it up when Ince says the exact same nonsense.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
To be fair a lot of the same people are lapping it up when Ince says the exact same nonsense.
In fairness to Ince - upon closer inspection of his comments he said he had an issue with Lingard promoting clothing line before he has firstly established himself as a great player first and foremost. He had no problem with an established successful footballer promoting a clothing line - which is a fair point compare to slagging people off for being too ‘dancy’ and ‘playful’ before games.

Now you could argue it is just more of a cross generational issue rather than it being a specific attack on urban culture but why are the players of the past not attacked for their unprofessionalism when it came to drinking? Just because in hindsight they were still successful seems to prove to me that the root causes of why certain players were successful or not was more down to a) footballing ability b) the fact that these players had the benefit of working in a environment far more conducive to good and effective football rather than the root cause of our current failure being because we dance around too much before games.

Apokalips

Whenever these threads come up it makes it clear to me how ignorant a lot of people are to some aspects of black culture. Dancing is a bit of expression and fun and is something you will see amongst the vast majority of nations that have a large influence of African/Caribbean culture. Just look at most of the African nations or Brazil and Colombia amongst others, goal celebrations, in training, etc. they dance as a form of enjoyment and you can see it in the France team too...didn't stop them winning the World Cup and getting to the Euros final, did it? It doesn't display anything other than people trying to enjoy their lives, which they have every right to be doing.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Whenever these threads come up it makes it clear to me how ignorant a lot of people are to some aspects of black culture. Dancing is a bit of expression and fun and is something you will see amongst the vast majority of nations that have a large influence of African/Caribbean culture. Just look at most of the African nations or Brazil and Colombia amongst others, goal celebrations, in training, etc. they dance as a form of enjoyment and you can see it in the France team too...didn't stop them winning the World Cup and getting to the Euros final, did it? It doesn't display anything other than people trying to enjoy their lives, which they have every right to be doing.
See my response to Eyepopper on exactly this point in another thread. Comes across as a typical Anglo Saxon football fan who can’t seem to understand why these young urban lads feel the need to dance before games - give them all skinhead haircuts and treat them like they’re in the army seems to be the formula to success.. despite majority of successful footballing sides in history being built on foundations of free spirit, fluid football as well as endeavour and discipline. There has to be room for both in a successful football team.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Keano and Scholes couldn't do this because Their cameras were Kodax that weighs around 2 kilos.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
It annoyed me at first but I'd have probably laughed at the video if it was say Evra and Park back when we had a top team and were performing on the pitch.

You need some jokers in the squad, but also some good professional characters for the right balance.

We have too many that from the outside are all about the banter (Pogba, Lingard, Jones, Shaw etc), and others just quiet characters that you can't imagine challenging eachother (Valencia, Fellaini, Matic, Mata, Darmian). When was the last time we saw any of our players having a go at each other the pitch?
This, and it shows badly. I think Pogba for example can either be a very positive influence or a very negative one, and when Ibra was here as a leader on the pitch and in the dressing room he was the former, and now that Pogba is the the top dog he is the latter

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
See my response to Eyepopper on exactly this point in another thread. Comes across as a typical Anglo Saxon football fan who can’t seem to understand why these young urban lads feel the need to dance before games - give them all skinhead haircuts and treat them like they’re in the army seems to be the formula to success.. despite majority of successful footballing sides in history being built on foundations of free spirit, fluid football as well as endeavour and discipline. There has to be room for both in a successful football team.
One of the great things about Football and sport in general is having people with different type of personality types working together for a common goal.

Renegade

sorry but for me youre prancing and dancing around while producing absolutely nothing on the pitch ...why didn't deschamps buy into this crap all world cup with pogba? if people think this is cool given our current predicament we issues - It clearly shows that the mind set before a big game is not there does it not??? if only he cared about playing well for his team as he does his instagram and haircuts ... jose should have put a stop to this crap a long time ago
What’s he suppose to do? Grow out his hair Django style until we start playing well? What style of haircut is acceptable for him to have to you? Did Beckhams constant hairstyle reveals bother you back in the day when he was underperforming & consequently dropped for Ole? Or even De gea’s multiple hairstyles this season? I struggle to see the relation between his hairstyles and dancing with not caring about his job.

All those Brazilian & African winners that danced constantly back in day never received this kind of criticism. Ronaldinho would have been miserable here back in 03, Christ.

Renegade

This, and it shows badly. I think Pogba for example can either be a very positive influence or a very negative one, and when Ibra was here as a leader on the pitch and in the dressing room he was the former, and now that Pogba is the the top dog he is the latter
I agree we miss character in the team absolutely but who was the Ibra in the French team last summer? From what I saw Pogba looked like one of the leaders to me. I could be wrong.

Renegade

If they had more of a winning mentality on the pitch I would love this. The closeness of Pogba, Lingard, Bailly, Rashford, Martial, etc could be great for team morale. If they all had a steely desire to win when they got out on the pitch it would be a massive X-factor for the team. That's what makes Pogba's "I only try when I can be arsed" attitude so frustrating.

It's such a shame Evra isn't 4 or 5 years younger. He would have been a great influence on this group. A clown off the pitch but a hard nosed winner on it.
Wasn’t Evra ran out of Marseille by the fans for his attention seeking on social media?
Also I don’t remember Evra 4-5 years ago being much help during that Moyes season either. Wonder if the fans would have turned on him if he was posting his video’s during that season, more than likely.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
What’s he suppose to do? Grow out his hair Django style until we start playing well? What style of haircut is acceptable for him to have to you? Did Beckhams constant hairstyle reveals bother you back in the day when he was underperforming & consequently dropped for Ole? Or even De gea’s multiple hairstyles this season? I struggle to see the relation between his hairstyles and dancing with not caring about his job.

All those Brazilian & African winners that danced constantly back in day never received this kind of criticism. Ronaldinho would have been miserable here back in 03, Christ.
I think the line was crossed when he chose to dye his hair sky blue for the derby.

There are things you just don't do.

buckooo1978

as long as players are focused on games it shouldn't matter

if we were winning games we woudn't have this conversation

Renegade

I think the line was crossed when he chose to dye his hair sky blue for the derby.

There are things you just don't do.
That same blue haircut he had a month before the game for international duty? That same derby he won us the game in too. Come on man it wasn’t even sky blue either.

Truth be told he’ll never be able to shake off this perception he has.

If he was walking around brooding constantly people will be complaining his angling for a move & disrupting the morale like the virus he is.

I’m not even one of his biggest fans and wouldn’t be bothered if he was sold tommorow. It sure ain’t nothing to do with his dancing and hairstyles though. I’m sure everyone including Fergie loved Anderson for the same thing.

Sauldogba

I find them immature and down right embarrassing.
If we werent lingering in 6th place i would turn a blind eye but we are fecking shit and these two are under performing.

We should bring Fergie and Keane back for one game to throw boots and pint glasses at them.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I find them immature and down right embarrassing.
If we werent lingering in 6th place i would turn a blind eye but we are fecking shit and these two are under performing.

We should bring Fergie and Keane back for one game to throw boots and pint glasses at them.
Is it immature and down right embarrassing to have a drink and bender before games? Is it immature to throw such a hissy fit you are forced to fly home before a World Cup where you are the captain of your nation?

Sauldogba

These arent jokers though.
As someone else said these are bellends.
Im around the same age as pogba and someone like that around me would annoy me.

Phil

Such a generational and cultural gap amongst British football fans

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I've always found it odd how people want athletes to behave in a certain way. You must me modest, you must be humble, you must be a nice guy. Footballers have short careers, and they have to make as much money as possible during their short career. Not everyone wants to get into coaching or punditry or whatever, some just wanna retire on that football money. I have absolutely no problem with Lingard promoting a clothing line, and I don't believe it affects his performances. Truth is, Lingard just isn't very good. He doesn't play shit cause of a clothing line, he plays shit cause he's simply not up to standard to start. He's always been a squad player at most.

Needham

I actually could barely understand any of the verbal content. Explains Pogba's performances.

Romez

This place really is filled with a bunch of miserable middle aged dudes isn’t it.