Vidic

Status
Not open for further replies.

wr8_utd

:'(
We'll be fine at Stoke and West Ham if he's playing but I'd be terrified about those crosses and balls being pumped in if Vidic doesn't make it for those two games.

LR7

In the PL our win % and points is very similar with and without Vidic but...

In the 16 games we have played without Vidic we have conceded 23 goals compared to just 10 in the 15 games he has featured in (14 starts 1 sub).

We have kept 7 clean sheets in 15 games with him in the side compared to 3 in 16 without him.

I know lots of other factors will come into play but I just wanted to look at the general trend now that he has played and missed a similar amount of PL games.

Shark

@NotShark
When Vidic is in the team, all is usually well. Pity he didn't make the City game.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Would have been a very unlucky penalty to give away considering Kenwyne Jones would have done feck all anyway. Stoke could have played for another 90 minutes and not scored. Useless.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We never look like conceding when he plays. Not just how he defends but his leadership qualities and organisational skills.

Not sure if we play him against West Ham.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's a beast. Stoke got pretty much no joy in our penalty area thanks to him, and so were relegated to taking (awful) pot shots from distance. Superb performance.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
With Vidic in the team this season our record is P18 W15 D2 L1. The only defeat coming against Real Madrid.

Chabon

Over the last two seasons the difference between our goals conceded with him in the team versus goals conceded without him is, in a word, insane.

Platato

Psst!
Is there a stat which calculates percentage of goals conceded with and without vidic?

SER19

Best defender in the world, still. without question. a remarkable comeback from a horrific injury,we look like a completely different team since christmas. A great United captain

Chabon

If he'd been as ever-present in the last two seasons as he was in 2010-11 we would have broken Chelsea's points record two seasons running. fecking injuries.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I saw him clutch his elbow or left arm a couple of times after his slip that could have been a penalty. Hopefully it is nothing major and will start against West Ham.

DevilRed

Just a huge difference to our team when he is in the lineup and healthy. Its not coincidence we have been barely conceding anything with an 100% Vidic.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
With Nemanja Vidic in the team this season: P20, W16, D2, L2 (Everton away & Real Madrid with 10 men)

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
With Nemanja Vidic in the team this season: P20, W16, D2, L2 (Everton away & Real Madrid with 10 men)
Everton away was with Carrick too? Considering the circumstances of the losses, you can almost forget about them and really say how important he is.

wr8_utd

I think he, Carrick and Rooney are our most important players. There's no chance we'd keep a clean sheet without him today.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
I think he, Carrick and Rooney are our most important players. There's no chance we'd keep a clean sheet without him today.
I dunno, Stoke wouldn't have scored in a brothel today. They are the worst side I've seen us play all season.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Put in a great shift tonight. His knees deserve a rest. Hopefully Evans will be fit for the Villa game on Monday.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I can't believe the level he's returned at. Must admit I thought he'd suffer a bit after his injury but he's completely obliterated all doubt with his performances recently. Love those 3 or 4 minute periods in games whereby the opposition repeatedly knock the ball into the box only for it to be met repeatedly by Vidic's head no matter how impossible the clearances should be. He had one of those spells in the first half today, actually. The commentary went something like:

"Vidic clears it...."
"It comes out to Jarvis who knocks it back into Carroll"
"But Vidic is there to head it out."
"Carrick receives possesion but loses it, Diame sends it back into the box.."
"Vidic heads it away...again."

It's fecked up.

Nathan

Sir Alex made a comment about Jones being an animal for football. It would be great to here his opinion of Vidic.

Last night he was immense for the team, seemed like he was the only player who knew what to expect from West Ham. Carroll and Nolan know how to get fouls for there team. I really pleased with his performance, really lead the team very well and his positioning was excellent throughout the game.

wr8_utd

I really think there's no chance we'd have avoided defeat last night if Vidic hadn't played. It's really scary how important he is to us at the back and even more so when our strikers aren't exactly setting the world alight. Best defender in the league and yes better than Kompany right now.

vuc

First Team Serb
Thought he was pretty class. Attacked everything. There was one fantastic header where he came from nowhere to deny Nolan a probable goal
It was funny watching that. Looked like there was nobody there and a free header for Nolan then BAM Vidic comes out of nowhere. About a minute after that he raped Nolan again and Nolan was saying something to Vidic. Probably along the the lines of 'please let me touch the ball'.

Anyone catch his struggle with telling Rooney where to stand for the corner? Then the next thing you see is Collins bulldozing through Rooney :lol:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I really thought his career at top level is over after all those knee injuries, but he was excellent in almost every game he played this season, and I don't think he is still at top of his form. He will probably come back even stronger next season.

Gotta love him, my MOTM yesterday.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He is the most dominant aerial defender i have ever seen.

Surely their must be a stat for aerial duels? would love to see it for the last few years.

vuc

First Team Serb
He is the most dominant aerial defender i have ever seen.

Surely their must be a stat for aerial duels? would love to see it for the last few years.
He's probably headed the ball more times than some boxers have punched in their career! Or maybe more than some boxers have taken a punch. Whichever way.

binary bot
A montage of his aerial dominance over the years would be spectacular, someone get on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.