Vidic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I get the feeling we take him for granted a bit, i know i'm certainly guilty of it. We just look so much more vulnerable defensively, particularly from set pieces, without him in the side. We all look forward to promising talents like Smalling and Jones to cement their positions in the side in the future but they've such a long way to reach Vidic's level. His commitment to the cause sets such an example. He got a few elbows last night, but as soon as the next ball came into the box he was challenging for it just as aggressively.

vuc

First Team Serb
Vuc, what are the chances of Vidic returning to the national team?
There was an interview with Nastasic recently, and they asked about Vidic and if he would return to the NT. He said he won't change his mind once he has made it up. No way will he return to the NT. Don't blame him either with all of the shit that goes on with it.

So that's your confirmation.

LR7

Pretty great video. Enjoy.

Thanks vuc, really enjoyed watching that.

People always talk about how opposition defenders must hate seeing Rooney and RvP's names on the teamsheet, but in equal measure I'm sure opposition strikers hate seeing Vidic's. He's been immense since coming back in the second half of this season and as instrumental in us winning the title imo as RvP and Hernandez were in the first half of the season.

He could have been forgiven for being a bit cautious and tentative in his play after spending so long out with back to back knee injuries in attempt to stay fit, but that's not in his nature he's thrown him self into every single challenge exactly as he would have ordinarily. I read an interview in a recent match programme where he said he has an almost unparallelled determination to win every duel, every challenge and hates to lose even one header! Totally evident from watching that video!

He's a great captain and leader on the pitch and I'm not sure there are too many defenders in his mould anymore.

wr8_utd

:'(
Great video even though it misses a lot of the good work he's done. I honestly think Vidic's contribution to our title win is a little underrated and under appreciated. Imo, he's been our most important player alongside Carrick ever since his return after the Newcastle game. The difference in our defensive performances with and without him is quite staggering.

LR7

Agree wr8, I think it's been overlooked a bit because he was out injured for a spell. He's one of the main reasons that it didn't matter that RvP stopped scoring because we were no longer having to rely on scoring 3 or 4 goals to win ever game, we were keeping clean sheets and I don't think it's a coincidence that they came once Vidic came back.

Dyslexic Untied

Great video, Vuc.

Not very often you see really good compilations of defenders.

Probably my favourite United player of the last three or four years.

December_16

Cool thing is that we might have the next Vida in our hands in Phil Jones. Didn't he also just throw himself onto the shot a few seconds before Vida did the same :drool:

Backrow Singer

Inspirational as they come - best defender I've seen at the club alongside Rio.

The likes of Vidic, Giggs, Evra, Ferdinand etc.. have a huge part to play next season. It's there job to make sure that the philosophy and the standards remain as high as they have been under SAF, and their leadership and guidance is going to be huge for us going forward.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
How loyal are serbians, Vuc? I dont see Vidic leaving but anything is possible in football. He should stay.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Got to laugh watching him try to stop that shot. The man was born with defending in his blood. Just doesn't know when to stop.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The clash of heads with Williams in the first half. He just walked away as if nothing happened
He is 1 tough S.O.B.

I would love to see a stat to see how many aerial duels he wins %

LR7

The clash of heads with Williams in the first half. He just walked away as if nothing happened
He's done that at least 10 times this season. Left bruised, battered, concussed and even spitting out blood and he just gets up and goes back in for some more. Absolute warrior, and a great captain.

vuc

First Team Serb
How loyal are serbians, Vuc? I dont see Vidic leaving but anything is possible in football. He should stay.
Not sure if it's a case with Serbians being particularly loyal, but I guess when you find one that is they are very loyal. As for Vidic, he will most likely retire at United. I don't see him leaving at this stage in his career, but if he did he would definitely be transparent about it.

But yeah, loyalty in Modern Football..

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I thought I would never see as good CB as Jaap Stam in red shirt. And then Vidic came along, and provide a consistency at top level every game he is in. A United legend that would go among the all time best. He's the type of player that could play in any era, and still would thrive as one of the best. Nemanja Vidic.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Got to go down as one of the genuine bargains of all time. And to think of all the injuries he's had too, still looks like he can cut it right at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.