Villarreal - Manchester United | EL Final Build-up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotherham_red

I'm hoping its Axel back there rather than Bailly, whose comments yesterday pissed me off.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
That's almost certainly the start of this run, the last time a Spanish side lost a final to a non-Spanish one.
There’s also been an unprecedented run from Madrid and Barca in that period; Two of the best sides with 2 of the greatest players. Let’s not get carried away with the stat

Siorac

There’s also been an unprecedented run from Madrid and Barca in that period; Two of the best sides with 2 of the greatest players. Let’s not get carried away with the stat
Yeah it basically means that Ronaldo and Messi were really good. Though Sevilla did have a weird hold on this competition.

bosskeano

Well, we all know this will be the lineup. Were people expecting anything else ?
i expected him to start Greenwood on the right and Rashford on the left as they are our best attacking options. Looks like he is caving in to Pogba as i'm sure if he didn't start, he would absolutely be out the door in the summer.

Matriac

i expected him to start Greenwood on the right and Rashford on the left as they are our best attacking options. Looks like he is caving in to Pogba as i'm sure if he didn't start, he would absolutely be out the door in the summer.
He's also "caving" to Pogba since he's one of our best attacking players, especially to hold onto the ball and drive it forward past lots of defenders.

el3mel

Eh..every single big game recently he went on with Rashford right and Pogba left with Scott and Fred combo. I don't think he was going to change what he thinks his winning formula.

Teja

He's one of our best players mate. He's going to be on the teamsheet for a European final. The only question was if he'd play at CM / LW.

Nothing to do with Pogba staying / leaving in the summer.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Pogba has been in mostly great form playing from the left and a key part in getting to the final. Why would he have changed it? We haven't played Rashford and Greenwood together on the wings in months, it wouldn't change now.

Roane

There are variables that can be discussed but overall a trophy is a trophy and we need to win.

I would rather be 6th and win the EL than be 2nd and lose.

By variables I mean early stages if you are not in too 4, which pot you get put in etc with different competitions. But overall with where we are I'd rather the EL than knockout stages and a trophy like this one over top 4.

eire-red

Pogba has been in mostly great form playing from the left and a key part in getting to the final. Why would he have changed it? We haven't played Rashford and Greenwood together on the wings in months, it wouldn't change now.
Pogba on the left is perfectly fine. If we do line up with Rashford on the right, I think it's a poor call though, given his form I general, how uncomfortable he is on the right, and the good form of Greenwood in recent weeks.

For me, Rashford either starts on the left or on the bench in current form.

Raveneye

Pogba on the left is perfectly fine. If we do line up with Rashford on the right, I think it's a poor call though, given his form I general, how uncomfortable he is on the right, and the good form of Greenwood in recent weeks.

For me, Rashford either starts on the left or on the bench in current form.
Agreed. All the best plays Rashford has made from the right have come when he's been given time and space to think and set himself up for a deliberate hit with his right foot. I really doubt he's getting that against Villareal's system. Would love to be proven wrong.

Carolina Red

Staff
Is the only stream for this match in the US really behind the Paramount+ paywall?

edit: I know I can do the 1 week free trial, but still. Damn. Just show it on normal tv.

SER19

Well, we all know this will be the lineup. Were people expecting anything else ?
Yeah I reckon it'll be 11/11 all round in the predictions

Awkward

BestRed

Come on boys, beat these feckers and lets get this Ole trophy-laden era up & running.:cool:

CodeRed

Sorry if this has been asked and please help, in a mad dash from work to watch the game.

Is it free on BT sport 1 on the TV if you don't have subscription to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.