Villarreal - Manchester United | EL Final Build-up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paula

Supports
Bayern
He did an interview where he said he didnt know how huge Utd were before joining. Getting mobbed in pre season friendlies shocked him and he claimed we were bigger than Bayern if i remember correctly.
Id say its easy to fall in love with Utd as a player.
He simply is a winner.
José Mourinho did not like him but he still kept his manner.
One of the greatest in Bayern and German football history.

GL for tonight btw :)

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I am nervous as the stats on Spanish teams in finals is terrifying!

Feel that Emery, who has won this cup three times and has been to five finals will be very crafty and cause us issues/stifle us. If they go 1-0 I am concerned we will not be able to break them down, get caught out and go 2-0 behind. That being said if we go 1-0 up I feel we will batter them on the counter. We certainly have the firepower but anyone writing off Villereal as they are a smaller team should look at their win % record in this competition.

JmRssll555

Apologies if this has been posted already, but I saw this video on YouTube earlier:

Around 2:35, the guy says that Bailly got injured in the training session yesterday, but I haven't seen that reported anywhere? Is there any news?

redmanx

Apologies if this has been posted already, but I saw this video on YouTube earlier:

Around 2:35, the guy says that Bailly got injured in the training session yesterday, but I haven't seen that reported anywhere? Is there any news?
The only news re Bailly Ive seen recently is today when, with the prospect of new recruits in defence, hes apparantly threatening to leave if he doesnt play more matches next season. Well, he has to be fit enough to do that and his fitness/injury problems have always been an issue. Bailly is no position to try and hold us to ransom and Ole should call his bluff and sell him. Bailly on his day is a great central defender but those days are very few and far between. I dont hold with any player threatening the club and Ole has to let Bailly and the others know who's boss; no player is bigger than The Club and should not be allowed to become so, no matter who they are.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Super Cup has been there for many years. I dont see any issue with it

Why does it matter that Zenit won it? (They beat us in that game)
That’s my point. Hardly a prestige event. It’s a show game and pointless

RuudTom83

This is so big for Ole, win tonight and his legend status grows...with a young squad this could be the foundation to really kick them all on.

Getting nervous, but excited to see United in a final again, forget all the, its only Europa rubbish, for the young players this is so important for their careers.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

There were photos from the end of the training session with Bailly on the floor getting treatment but he seemed to walk off fine.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?

Someone tweeted a pic last night of him lying on the ground during training receiving some kind of treatment.

Siorac

I'm looking forward to it so much that it's practically guaranteed to be a dreadful game. A 0-0 against Villarreal wouldn't exactly be shocking, considering the past history of this fixture.

We deserved the win four years ago but that game was a bit shit. I'm hoping for some better stuff tonight.

MikeeMike

Holly cow! I moved to Gdańsk almost a year ago and have just got a ticket from freakin resellers!! I am the happiest man in the world, or at least Gdańsk! :devil::devil::devil:
I guess most fans who have travelled have tickets?
I had flights / ticket but would have to quarantine 10 days on return (Switzerland). Wouldnt get paid for those days.
Gutted

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It’s also been won by Valencia and Zenit St P.

Just another money making cup that jams up the season.

Would like to be there though
What’s wrong with Valencia :confused: big club, had a great few years with La Liga titles, two UCL finals and an UEFA cup.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

He was just getting a bit of physiotheraphy after training, probably a light massage. Of course the press being in the stands and knowing nothing about actual football training and recovery assume it means he's injured. :rolleyes: Anything for clicks I guess.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
DDG

AWB
Lindelof
Tuanzebe
Shaw

Pogba
Fred

Mase the Ace
Bruno
Rashford

Cavani

Thats my XI

SER19

DDG

AWB
Lindelof
Tuanzebe
Shaw

Pogba
Fred

Mase the Ace
Bruno
Rashford

Cavani

Thats my XI
Exact same but won't see it. Genuine concerns about ole if he goes rashford on right, pogba on left

BFernandes

Exact same but won't see it. Genuine concerns about ole if he goes rashford on right, pogba on left
Someone posted an article yesterday that showed Rashford has been far more productive for both goals and assists this season when played on the right.

I know it doesn't seem like that as he always seems to stink the place up in that position.

SER19

Someone posted an article yesterday that showed Rashford has been far more productive for both goals and assists this season when played on the right.

I know it doesn't seem like that as he always seems to stink the place up in that position.
Must be a genuine case of stats being misleading, i feel the entire team suffers. Greenwood looks better there, rashford looks better on left, Shaw plays well with rashford etc.

Pickle85

I would be absolutely made up to see Ole win something as United manager. I've not been convinced by his stewardship since he joined (and am belatedly coming around now) but you'd have to either be unbelievably hard hearted or not a United fan to be anything other than delighted when he lifts that trophy. The club means an enormous amount to him (and he to the club) and he's absolutely deserved this moment. I think we'll win a nervy 2-1.

Loon

:lol:
Was in Sweden for the last one. We'd never won the UEFA cup before. Would love to get another one tonight.

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
I don't know what it is, but without Maguire I just have no faith in our defence to not concede atleast once tonight. Even with Harry we sometimes go through periods of games where we utterly panic when getting put under pressure.

Having said that, I have faith in our attacking talent to score atleast twice.

Early goal for us and it's ours.

Heinzesight

Getting giddy now. The stats about Spanish teams in finals give me a slight worry but really, I can see us battering them 4 or 5 nil. Can’t see anything other than Solskjaer’s little face beaming with joy as he holds the trophy aloft. God he deserves a cup.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Expecting a tough match against a deep-lying, defensive side. Trying to convince myself that it's just another game but the significance of winning a trophy under Ole is bigger than the actual silverware for me. Winning a trophy is always great but a win would be a genuine validation of the progress we've made over the past 2 years and a springboard to even better things.

I'm already edgy :nervous:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
There were photos from the end of the training session with Bailly on the floor getting treatment but he seemed to walk off fine.
I have faith Tuanzebe will put up a PSG performance if he has to.

GueRed

I don't know what it is, but without Maguire I just have no faith in our defence to not concede atleast once tonight. Even with Harry we sometimes go through periods of games where we utterly panic when getting put under pressure.

Having said that, I have faith in our attacking talent to score atleast twice.

Early goal for us and it's ours.

Yeah it'd be a miracle if we keep a clean sheet tonight.

Mozox

I guess most fans who have travelled have tickets?
I had flights / ticket but would have to quarantine 10 days on return (Switzerland). Wouldnt get paid for those days.
Gutted
Tickets worth initially €130 were on local ticket market for ca. €500. Gonna eat fresh air whole month, but Solskjaer and the Boys are 3 km from where I live!

GenericUtdfan

Rooney's hair is looking great. His son is super cute. Good to see his support for the club is strong enough that he's traveling to Gdansk for the final.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
we could destroy these if we play on the front foot. we are still in that awkward phase where we have the most stacked and well paid team EL by a distance but it’s still not quite enough for the CL.
We'll have to play on the front foot. They will sit back and press our midfield to poke holes and look for counters. They're an old team though and they were lucky to ride out the Arsenal tie with these tactics. Emery obviously is quite astute but this isn't the Sevilla team he had previously. We'll find a way through by half time and it'll finish 2-0 or 3-0 to us I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.